WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Roll Call(Who is left?)

Go down 
+17
Vocales Corvus
Ømnivalence
ron
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Snowy
Admiral Ji
marsh
Rachel
Balu
Warcodered
Mr Allen J
brendan
Patches
Sadie
Szemetlada
JazzTap
Solace Goddark
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Jan 2014, 4:54 pm

I'm going to still be hanging around here but I'd definitely like to see this place up and going again.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Jan 2014, 5:19 pm

Ah, what the heck. Put me on whatever imaginary list exists under "here" and "willing to revive this place".
Back to top Go down
Solace Goddark
User
Solace Goddark

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm

I wonder what became of Ron? Hm. I see him on Steam on occasion, but I haven't seen him here for a long time. Hm.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 9:54 am

Still here, by virtue of inertia. Still interested in RPing or GMing, depending on the setting and ruleset. Still interested in the RPs lingering in OOC from half a year ago, for that matter.

If I may ask: as per Balufire's concern, what is the plan?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 11:10 am

Well so far we've only just thrown ideas about - I figure we should know who's here and who's up to bringing the forum back to life before I or anyone else committed to any plans. It makes things easier that way.

So, naturally, one of the first steps is to get our friends back. Spread the word, et cetera. Let them know we're making an effort to get ourselves back up and running again. If we have a bunch of our buddies back again, it would make step two a lot easier. I have ties to a bunch on Skype, I have a deviantArt, I know a couple have a Facebook, and I also have a Tumblr. Through these, I managed to stay in contact with some of them, but not all. I know people here have Steam accounts and Skype and whatnot, and that covers an entirely different region than I am capable of. People on Roleplex might be willing to give it a try here.

Step two can go a couple different ways, and it will depend on how step one turns out I think. We can work on investment, to keep our friends interested in staying, so that would mean squeezing out some topics and roleplays that we enjoy participating in. The chatbox can also keep us interacting with each other when we're not doing that. OR, step two can be about promotion, which I'm not sure how to perform. I have friends separate from the forum that may be interested in roleplaying or may be interested in our community here. Aside from that, I don't know how to maintain a steady flow of visitors outside of getting popular on another forum and keeping a link to the forum here in my signature or profile.

The plan isn't well developed and I can use some help from everybody to make it work better. It's also important to note that we don't alienate anybody, because I sometimes hear about how someone tried to join roleplays or get involved in the forum - but felt out of placed because "cliques were forming". So we shouldn't exclude anybody. And if there's someone that you don't think is very good, or could use improvement, help them. Help them get better. It has long-term benefits and it forges stronger bonds and friendships, there's literally no down side.

But yeah. I will be open to suggestions of any kind.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 11:49 am

I think something that could help is a change in the background. Sort of a "Boom, were back baby". I know there have been plenty of times when I came here and just left because nothing seemed different and I didn't want to bother with signing in. And while I love lucky charms and leprechauns, and cereal, please no cereal box covers...

I'm pretty sure I have the same contacts on Skype and Steam as anyone else. There is a steam group with people I don't have though.

So we gotta get them to stay? Best way is a good RP, any ideas. Engineering school has turned my mind into a creativity machine. But I have no inspiration for this.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 12:06 pm

Lone is excellent with his super power roleplays, I had that Pokemon roleplay at some point, I also had Yami Aku up but that lost momentum. There were a couple of great roleplays that just didn't kick off with the right footing.

As for a new background, I was actually thinking that myself. Should we change the background or get an entirely new theme?
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 2:17 pm

An entirely new theme might be good. I know quite a few people that like this colour scheme though.

It might be appropriate to put up a Vote in the Rules Section and Globalize it or something.

Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 4:22 pm

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks Balu.
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 8:41 pm

marsh is still aliv e
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 9:49 pm

I want to make sure we're clear and say it again (I'm not calling anybody out, I'm only reiterating).

If we want this to happen, all of us are gonna have to make an effort on it. I think much of the decline was contributed to by the mindset of "I want this, but I don't want to work towards it". So unless we're actually invested in this, all the effort I will be putting in will be deemed worthless in the end and I really don't want to waste my time.

Like I said, I'm not getting upset with anyone, nothing happened for me to actually lecture you. I just want this to be kept in mind.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm

My general tendency to never run anything ever might prevent me putting all the effort into it, but I'm still here/am here now, and am willing to stick around as long as I can. Though having a job now cuts into my free hours.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm

That's fine, it's to be expected. I appreciate that you're going to try.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jan 2014, 11:49 pm

It is I, that guy who also exists.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 2:40 am

Oh wait, we exist?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 7:57 am

We sure do. If you want to know how to help keep it that way, review this thread a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 1:56 pm

Reneeeeeew and reviiiiiiive.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 2:25 pm

I thought it was Consuuuume and Addddaaaaapppt.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 3:09 pm

Fak Kha'Zix, he has nothing to do with this.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 5:44 pm

im back from the dead. never contributed anything, might as well start now. :b
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 9:22 pm

Three OOCs are up thus far; more, if any happen to be revived. Am eager to see what happens.

@Lieo,
I doubt I'm of much use for promotion, so investment it is. Hopefully. Maybe scouting, also.

Have you already located ShadoWolfozo / Ruuqo on Tumblr? And of course, AaronMk and some other Precipice of War people hang about the Minecraft forums.

There are, as noted, some Sporum groups on Steam: 1 2 3, more than I thought. Although catching the attention of anyone in them in a timely manner appears to involve sending a blind friend request. I... recognize a few as RPers, but not many.

I'm not sure how to avoid excluding theoretical people who feel uncomfortable posting. And I haven't recognized anyone as having posted, and then been excluded anyways. For what little that's worth.
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm

petition to make me the official web designer for this forum
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 10:51 pm

I can't do a whole lot tonight, and maybe not a whole lot on the weekend. Unavoidable family stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 11:04 pm

What happened to everything.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014, 12:03 am

EVERYTHING HAPPENEEEEEEEED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call(Who is left?)   Roll Call(Who is left?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roll Call(Who is left?)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next