WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Clash of the Talons OOC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oaglor
Refugee
Oaglor

Clash of the Talons OOC Empty
PostSubject: Clash of the Talons OOC   Clash of the Talons OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 12:36 am

A long time ago, a dark stone object fell from outer space to the planet of Engavia. The monolith crashed into a brightly colored forest that was filled with life. After a week of the object sitting there, a raptor stared at it in curiosity and went closer. His pack followed him to it and stood still in awe. As the curious individual got even closer, he tried to scratch it to feel this new object. The tall object started to illuminate and the raptors started to back off. Suddenly a blast of light emitted from the strange object and knocked them out. A few hours later, the pack woke up and realized that their vision of the world had changed. No longer were they mere beasts that ran on instinct.

For the next few years, the group of raptors learned through trial and error how to create shelter and tools, use fire, and even made a language that they started to use. They also started to realize that they didn't just gain new abilities intellectually. Some individuals were able to heal their teammates from injury or sickness. Others were able to call on the powers of the elements. As these raptors, now called the Bloodtalon Clan, honed in on their new skills they met another clan that was affected by the blast of the monolith. This other group of raptors, called the Ebontooth Clan, lived in the darker side of the forest and managed to pick up on the dark arts. The two clans started to war with each other as they seen what their adversaries could do. For the next few centuries, the war between the Bloodtalon and Ebontooth clans resulted in only minor victories and lots of slatemates.

---
Hello and Welcome to Clash of the Talons. This is roleplay that I have made on another site that I decided to try here. If you didn't read the introductory paragraphs above, this is an RP about two clans of sentient raptors that have managed to acquire magical abilities. These two clans are warring with each other over territory and ideals. You get to play as a member of one of these clans.

RULES
-Normal forum rules (No spamming, godmodding, metagaming, etc.)
-Please use proper grammar and spelling.
-Keep your posts to a paragraph at minimum (At least five sentences.)
-You can have two characters, but one must be a Bloodtalon and the other must be an Ebontooth.
-Characters can die and you can replace those characters with one of that faction.

Character Sheet Template
Name: (Last names must have something to do with your individual's occupation. Exp. Firecaster, Soulflayer, Beatdrum, Darkscream.)
Class: (The different classes are in the lists below.)
Appearance: (What does your character look like? Bloodtalons can be brightly colored while Ebontooths can be dull or dark colored. Add details, such as weapons. Keep a paragraph minimum.)
Personality: (How does your character interact with his/her peers? How do they act in combat? Keep a paragraph minimum.)
Specialization: (What kind of abilities does your character specialize in? Ex. A Bloodtalon Scout that specializes in stealth. An Ebontooth Banshee that specializes in scaring opponents.)
Bio: (Explain your character's life leading up to this moment. Keep two paragraphs minimum.)
Other: (Anything else you would like to add?)

All Bloodtalon characters start out at the Bastion of Life. All Ebontooth characters start out at Deathholm.

Bloodtalon Classes:
Berserker (Tank), Druid (Healer), War Drummer (Buffer/Bard), Shaman (Caster), Hunter (Archer), Scout (Rogue), Head Hunter (Melee DPS)

Ebontooth Classes:
Death Knight (Tank), Dark Priest (Healer), Banshee (Buffer/Bard), Warlock (Caster), Marksman (Archer), Soul Thief (Rogue), Reaper (Melee DPS)

Accepted Sheets:
Oaglor wrote:
Name: Oaglor Beastbow
Class: Hunter
Appearance: Oaglor Beastbow is a lightly built individual capable of running quickly compared to his peers. He is covered in bright red feathers with black stripes going from his back to his sides. In addition to his wooden longbow with a string made of animal gut, Oaglor also carries an axe made of stone. He has a Fang Runner (a small domesticated tyrannosaur covered in downy feathers.) named Ripper as a pet. Oaglor wears a necklace made of the teeth and claws of fallen Ebontooth raptors that was passed down to him by his family.
Personality: When around his friends, Oaglor can be quite social and talkative. He prefers to spend most of his time with Ripper though. Oaglor is extremely loyal to the Bloodtalon clan and is okay with running a few errands. When fighting against Ebontooth raptors he prefers to send Ripper to attack them while he shoots the opponent with his bow. Oaglor can even buff Ripper up so he could do more damage.
Specialization: Oaglor specializes in pet damage.
Bio: Oaglor's parents have always pushed him to be a loyal hunter for the Bloodtalon clan. They even trained him themselves to shoot a bow at a relatively young age. During his tenth birthday, Oaglor's parents decided that it was time to get their son a pet and thus acquired a Fang Runner chick that Oaglor named Ripper. Oaglor and his new pet have been inseparable ever since. When his parents thought that Oaglor was ready to serve the village, they gave him a necklace made from the teeth and claws of fallen Ebontooth that was passed down in his family for generations.

With bow, pet and necklace, Oaglor was prepared to face the world ahead of him. His first task was to ride a Mini Charger (a small ceratopsian similar to Protoceratops that is used as a mount.) from the Bastion of Life where he lived to the small village known as the Hunter's Lodge. When he got there, he went even further into his training and specialized in making Ripper do more damage. He was sent out in a mission to steal an egg from a wild Fang Runner nest. When Oaglor rumaged through the nest, the mother Fang Runner attempted to attack him only to be tackled by Ripper. While the mother was distracted Oaglor swiped an egg, called for Ripper and ran all the way through the forest back to the village. Several more weeks had passed until Oaglor was finally complete with his training.
Other: Let the battle begin!

@Alex: I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I like some of the changes including the removal of the dead zone for hunters and I like the idea of companion pet battles. But at the same time though, I'm afraid of all that pandaren might become the new blood elves when it comes to popularity (the same concern I had with Worgen coincidentally.) Despite these changes though, I am planning on at least trying it.

Last edited by Oaglor on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 1:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Clash of the Talons OOC   Clash of the Talons OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 12:41 am

I like how you incorporated WoW into this.

I might join.

And how do you feel about WoW: MoP? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Oaglor
Refugee
Oaglor

PostSubject: Re: Clash of the Talons OOC   Clash of the Talons OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 1:10 am

Name: Oaglor Beastbow
Class: Hunter
Appearance: Oaglor Beastbow is a lightly built individual capable of running quickly compared to his peers. He is covered in bright red feathers with black stripes going from his back to his sides. In addition to his wooden longbow with a string made of animal gut, Oaglor also carries an axe made of stone. He has a Fang Runner (a small domesticated tyrannosaur covered in downy feathers.) named Ripper as a pet. Oaglor wears a necklace made of the teeth and claws of fallen Ebontooth raptors that was passed down to him by his family.
Personality: When around his friends, Oaglor can be quite social and talkative. He prefers to spend most of his time with Ripper though. Oaglor is extremely loyal to the Bloodtalon clan and is okay with running a few errands. When fighting against Ebontooth raptors he prefers to send Ripper to attack them while he shoots the opponent with his bow. Oaglor can even buff Ripper up so he could do more damage.
Specialization: Oaglor specializes in pet damage.
Bio: Oaglor's parents have always pushed him to be a loyal hunter for the Bloodtalon clan. They even trained him themselves to shoot a bow at a relatively young age. During his tenth birthday, Oaglor's parents decided that it was time to get their son a pet and thus acquired a Fang Runner chick that Oaglor named Ripper. Oaglor and his new pet have been inseparable ever since. When his parents thought that Oaglor was ready to serve the village, they gave him a necklace made from the teeth and claws of fallen Ebontooth that was passed down in his family for generations.

With bow, pet and necklace, Oaglor was prepared to face the world ahead of him. His first task was to ride a Mini Charger (a small ceratopsian similar to Protoceratops that is used as a mount.) from the Bastion of Life where he lived to the small village known as the Hunter's Lodge. When he got there, he went even further into his training and specialized in making Ripper do more damage. He was sent out in a mission to steal an egg from a wild Fang Runner nest. When Oaglor rumaged through the nest, the mother Fang Runner attempted to attack him only to be tackled by Ripper. While the mother was distracted Oaglor swiped an egg, called for Ripper and ran all the way through the forest back to the village. Several more weeks had passed until Oaglor was finally complete with his training.
Other: Let the battle begin!

@Alex: I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I like some of the changes including the removal of the dead zone for hunters and I like the idea of companion pet battles. But at the same time though, I'm afraid of all that pandaren might become the new blood elves when it comes to popularity (the same concern I had with Worgen coincidentally.) Despite these changes though, I am planning on at least trying it.
Back to top Go down
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Clash of the Talons OOC   Clash of the Talons OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 8:25 am

Yeah, you never know until you try. I don't see how pandaren would be blood elves though... They act like night elves to me. Everything is controversial. Even WoTLK was.

Anyway... I will make my sheet
Back to top Go down
Oaglor
Refugee
Oaglor

PostSubject: Re: Clash of the Talons OOC   Clash of the Talons OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

I'm talking about popularity wise. As in the reason I'm somewhat afraid of the Pandaren is because at the beginning of the expansion the whole place might end up being flooded with them like the blood elves.
Back to top Go down
Oaglor
Refugee
Oaglor

PostSubject: Re: Clash of the Talons OOC   Clash of the Talons OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 8:22 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clash of the Talons OOC   Clash of the Talons OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clash of the Talons OOC
Page 1 of 1