WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)

Go down 
+7
Trilole
Ømnivalence
Gaius Sulpicia
Surprise
Patches
Szemetlada
Diamondback
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 6:09 pm

Winter, having let Ragnarok do most of the talking, finally concluded her opinion of the poor young girl. "I'm afraid the place I'd had in mind is only really built for one person - but I'm sure we can accommodate you. You need some rest, and it's nearby; let's get you into the closest thing to a bed the shack offers and I can go get us some food. Okay...?"

Winter would, of course, be forced to go prowl on more of the hunters' traps, but luckily it was early morning and they would not be due to make their rounds for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 6:25 pm

He smiled and looked at her with approval then turned to the hurt girl slowly. He looked at her and smiled best he could to seem happy looking. Then he leaned down to keep eye level with her.

"Say. If you want I can carry you there while you sleep. It's not that big of a deal, okay? You look tired, and we'll be sure to help you out as best we can."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 6:33 pm

The bombing seemed to be letting up. It was lonely. He wanted to e with his friends. All these factors made Nox rise from bed. It was nearly day, but that was fine. Nothing dangerous could have survived the assault. Maybe they had Ben doin survivors. He went out and began to randomly rove the streets.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 6:58 pm

Steph shook her head. What little pride she had left, she was going to keep. Getting up to her feet slowly, she kept one arm tight across the slash. "I'll manage, for the moment..." She began treading slowly, keeping her balance. "Thanks, anyway."

She tightened her lips for a moment as she felt waves of drowsiness sweep over her. She had to prove to them at least that she was capable of supporting herself, the last thing anyone wanted was someone who just dragged them down.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:03 pm

"You sure? If you need, just ask. I'm fully willing to help someone out if it's necessary. So c'mon, let's go. Lead on, Winter. You know where this place is after all."

He smiled and stood calmly, a bit impatient to get somewhere safe. He was severely worried for his life and those around him; he HAD caused a massive riot not to mention raiding a military base. Along with all that, he'd also be aimed for the bombings, though only the starter ones had anything to do with him
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:06 pm

With a concerned backwards glance, Winter realized she had yet to introduce herself. "I'm Bloom; it's a pleasure to meet you, Steph. Now let's get you to a bed, you look right exhausted."

She led the way through the twisting alleyways, against the cold chill of the morning air as it blew dust around the city, and ambiguous noises echoed from far-off in the distance. The hovel was quite close now. Winter only hoped that Steph would be satisfied with its meager accommodations.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:07 pm

Nox shouted, asking if anyone was there. He hoped he would receive an answer. God forbid his friends had died. That would be terrible. Back to just him and the bird, maybe Aran for company. Altogether not too good. Very bad indeed.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:09 pm

Ragnarok swore he heard a shout then walked behind both Steph and Winter; this way he could make it like a caravan or vanguard, guarding the poor ailing catalyst. She LOOKED like Medusa... but could she turn men into stone? Surely not. He stared right into her eyes after all.

"Hm.. Not much time left til we get there right? Our friend looks a bit damaged."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:12 pm

Staggering after them, Steph did her best to keep up, ignoring the urge to accept his offer of carrying her. Yet her pace became sluggish. Deciding enough was enough, she found a pile of garbage bags and collapsed onto them.

"I'll catch up. I just need... five minutes..." Her eyes closed with a slight flutter. Breathing slowing until it was almost silent, she promptly fell asleep on the dirty bed.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:13 pm

Nox yelled again, even louder. "I SAID, is anyone there?" Jeez. The city was dead quiet an still no one. He looked into a dark building. A pair of glowing orange eyes seemed to stare at him. He hurried along. Those inhuman eyes. Disturbing, inhuman, evil. Kill it. Rend it, make it cease to exist. The wringer of terror.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:14 pm

"Right, right. It's just around the corner."

Upon reaching the dead-end of the alleyway, the trio gazed upon the most dilapidated of shacks imaginable. Winter suddenly became quite self-conscious of her residence.

"Well, it's... It's a bit bigger on the inside than it... What I mean is, it's hard to find unclaimed property in a city like this, especially if you're on your own. Gotta be a place no one cares about."

She led the way inside and laid a few blankets onto the old mattress. "Come on in, you two."

Last edited by MataRahi on Fri 25 May 2012, 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:14 pm

Sighing, he knew this would happen. He slowly slithered his hands under her back and lifted her up, having her head laid on his shoulder. He shook his head and followed after Winter laughing.

"See? Always bound to happen with these types. They get hurt, delusional, tired.. Then bam, knocked out. Try to act tough in case the looters are by so they don't get cut up y'know?"
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:16 pm

"Oh, my... Is she alright? Put her on the bed." Winter fetched the last quilt in preparation.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:22 pm

Her eyes opened just barely. The sight of shelter brought immense relief. Anything was better than squeezing in between a sewage tank and a brick wall, or hiding in a dumpster from the rain. Struggling to raise her hand, she moved it towards Dmka.

"Thank you. Again." The words left her mouth in barely a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:25 pm

He felt her hand moving and laughed quietly nodding. He smiled at the gesture and heard her whisper before speaking.

"Don't worry. It's what we do. We're good people y'see? Not like the looters that're always around trying to act all bad before the military show up. C'mon now, let's get you into bed.."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:28 pm

Winter threw her quilt over Steph, and once the girl was fast asleep, turned to Ragnarok.

"Hey... would you mind watching her for a few hours? I need to get us all some food, and I don't want the police to find her like this. If they show up, think you can get her out safely?"
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:30 pm

"I'd risk my life on it. No one hurts a wounded lass like her, it's just assanine and they won't get even CLOSE while I'm here. Don't worry about it. Try to get something filling, though, she's no doubt starving.."

He sat down next to the girl, his back faced to her. He smiled up at Winter then half closed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:37 pm

Winter shared the smile for a moment before turning to exit the hovel. It felt good to be doing something that felt so totally, indisputably right as taking care of a wounded girl for once.

As she walked through the empty city, keeping to the alleyways, Winter's thoughts drifted to the future. What would become of this Steph? Who would she side with, if anyone? And would Ragnarok remain true to his word? Even if he did, would Winter's plan ever bear fruit?

There was something about the crisp morning air and the comfortable darkness that invited such questions as these, and Winter dwelt on them with little success until she arrived at the outskirts of the wood.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:38 pm

Steph slept for a while, her body grateful for the rest that the mattress provided. Still, as her pain eased, questions began to fill her mind. Her eyes opened, the slitted irises adjusting to the different light. Dmka was sitting beside her, facing away. He obviously knew more about what was going on than she did.

"Hey, Dmka, why would the police wanna hurt me? I never did anything, I was born with the snakes and they haven't caused trouble."
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:43 pm

"Well, y'see the police and military really don't like us.. Cuz we're different. See, you have your snakes, I can tell what people feel, and.. well Ms. Bloom brought a friend of mine back from the dead."

He turned his head slightly to her and smiled. He was hoping to reassure her after she rested, then coughed slightly.

Damn.. I'm still feeling the effects of boosting Bloom's power..

"So, where's the wound? You're weak, tired, starved.. You must've lost SOME blood, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:49 pm

Steph looked sheepishly down at her waist. "Uhm... I guess, I'm a bit weird, about people seeing bare skin." She bit her lip. He seemed nice enough, surely she could trust him. "You see..." No, not yet. They didn't need to know just yet. "I've got scales, they start around where the wound is, and uh..."

She took a slow breath. Surely it was just a flesh wound. Why was she so squeamish about people seeing her twisted biology, when it wasn't physically possible under the circumstances. "I dunno how much blood I've lost, I think the heat of the shrapnel cauterised it partially or something. I hope it doesn't turn into a scar." Reluctantly, she pulled her shirt up to give them a better look at the wound.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:53 pm

He followed her gaze and listened cautiously. He raised an eyebrow and leaned down to inspect the wound.

"Hm.. Doesn't look too bad.... When Bloom's back we'll have her heal that right up. However I need to know; how'd you get near heat and shrapnel? Were you hit by one of the bombs that went off awhile ago..? Pandora might've... Nono they weren't supposed to hit here damnit.. Just the main city and the base.."

He inspected the wound and wondered if he could look for any clues as to who was the bomber in this case.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 7:58 pm

Steph shrugged. "I was, walking to my house, when the explosions started. Apart from a lot of running and hiding in tight spaces, I don't remember much." She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling below the wound where the softer scales protruded from her skin. Pale green, to blend with her fair complexion and the darker scales underneath her jeans.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 8:00 pm

He nodded slowly and smiled before turning fully to face her. He sat with his legs crossed and smiled down at her.

"Don't worry now. Bad people're gone. You've got me, Bloom, and our friends. They're really nice, all of them. Well.. Most of them. I'm afraid one of them may have actually started the bombings on you."

He shrugged and looked down at the girl. He felt oddly defensive over her; normally he would've offered to scout for food but this time he willingly sat around to defend someone.

"Say. You don't have any other wounds right?"
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 May 2012, 8:04 pm

Steph looked at herself again. "I don't know. The doctor's say that I produce a natural painkiller in my body, which is why the slash didn't bother me much." She debated how she would check for wounds. There were no mirrors as far as she could see, and her snakes relied on infra-red to see. "I guess you can check my back, I was running away from the bombs and all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next