WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)

Go down 
+7
Trilole
Ømnivalence
Gaius Sulpicia
Surprise
Patches
Szemetlada
Diamondback
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 11:02 am

Steph looked down at herself again. "Two, I'm impressed." She looked back at him again, concerned by his nervousness. Stroking his cheek with her hand, she kissed him softly. "Remember, I'm the one carrying them, and I usually end up away from all the fighting." She casually brushed her hand along her waist, feeling for herself.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 11:09 am

He felt her stroking him and smiled sheepishly, wrapping his arms around her and whispered quietly in her ear.

"Yeah... Thats true but still; a fatherless world is equally cold, and you'd have to be both parents at once.. Thats no fun my dear. I'm worried about dying more than ever with Nox's insanity.."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 11:14 am

Steph thought about it for a brief moment. "Well, if you're that worried, I guess you could ask someone to take care of me in case anything ever happened to you." She moved closer to him again. "Whatever eases your mind, I'm fine with. Fear is not a nice thing at all."
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 11:18 am

He wrapped an arm tightly around her shoulder and smiled, holding her gaze. He kissed her forehead slowly and looked into her snake-like eyes.

"I promise you, I'll be doing anything I can to stay alive to protect you okay? If anything bad happens, I want you to go with Bloom. She's the safest, most stable person I know and she'll protect you. Promise me though you'll stay safe."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 11:21 am

Steph smiled. "For a moment, I thought you were going to nominate another guy." She teasingly rubbed her head against his chest. "Just, stay alive, at least until you can see them, alright?" She hugged him again, slowly drifting away into sleep as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 11:24 am

He nodded and wrapped his arms around her as she fell asleep whispering.

"I promise, I'll stay alive so I can seem them. Now sleep, Steph, you're exhausted no doubt from all that running about..."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 3:14 pm

Winter, having passed through the tunnel without incident, found herself in an entirely different part of town. She was not as familiar with the place, and could not easily gain her bearings by traveling to more heavily-frequented areas - for twice now Winter had passed a policeman, hiding her face with as little conspicuousness as she could manage.

Bees... bees bees bees. Where could the bloody horde have gotten to?

It was then that something across a small plaza caught Winter's eye - a group of people were huddled around a television store, muttering as quietly as they could, as a strange figure spoke on multiple screens.

Seeing that no policemen were in the area, Winter quickly strolled across the plain of asphalt and concrete to join the throngs of watchers before the glass wall that guarded the arrangement of televisions.

The 'announcement,' if that's what it was, was almost over by the time Winter reached the screens. However, she was able to discern from the panicked buzz of voices that the station had been taken over by a Catalyst, a terrible shade, an insectoid shepherd.

"Damn metas," remarked one man with a rough voice and rougher beard, who wore a long brown overcoat and droopy fedora. "We had peace before the bastards showed up and started stirring things around. It's now wonder the damn police're so jumpy these days." Several other people nodded their agreement - but not before glancing over their shoulders, for fear of governmental retaliation. Such words were common, but quite dangerous.

Winter's instincts drowned out her common sense - before she could stop herself, the words were out of her mouth. "They're not all bad..."

Fuuuuuuck me. The crowd turned, not as one, but rather as a collection of curious faces, to observe the diminutive newcomer that dared disagree with such a widely-held belief. "I mean... they're just like us, you know? The catalysts? Some of them hate the government even more. Did you see that fight down on-"

She was cut off by a clean-shaven young man of about 20. "Fights? I seen plenty of fights. My sister died in a firefight ten years ago - she was just walking down the street when a shootout erupted between some goddamn magnet fucker and ten policeman. Dammit, I'm sick of fights!" The group of people muttered assent. Winter took a step or two back, fearing violence.

"I don't mean to say that the... metas... aren't dangerous. They're not all evil... just, some are, and others are misguided! The only ones we hear about are the bad ones... the ones that kill, that murder, that go up against the government." She glanced from her left to her right, surprised when a sympathetic voice rose from the mass.

"Girl's right. The devil are we to bash the metas? The fockin' government kills more of us than they do, anyway, and I even heard that they busted one of them prison compounds a few days back. Three of 'em, at any rate. Blokes ain't all bad." Winter nodded quickly, and a face or two in the small crowd nodded with her.

The bearded man from earlier then spoke up. "And this bee bastard? Did he kill government men, or did he kill innocent people? Dammit, we all heard what the guy said, and now half the bloody city police are gonna be so smart as to fight 'im on city property, with as many civilian casualties as they always are. Is death acceptable, dammit? I live my life in fear every single day that I'll get a call at work that my daughter died on her way to school because some bleedin' bastard thought 'e might rip her to shreds to make a statement to the government!" The man accentuated this comment with a sweep of his hand, pointing out into the depths of the city.

The crowd began to divide, slowly but surely - behind this massive figure in an overcoat stood around a dozen people, who glared at Winter with suspicious eyes. To Winter's side stepped forth her supporter from earlier; a man of about 40, with grey stubble, black hair, and a slight jerk in his step as he strode forth with a long black cane for support. As he passed, he whispered to her without moving his head - "Unify us. Remember, he ain't your enemy here."

Winter bit her lip and faced the opposition as a few others sided with her, mind scrambling for the perfect words.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 7:10 pm

Steph woke up some time later. Carefully unwrapping herself, she resumed her human form and hastily put on her jeans. Lying on the bed once more, she closed her eyes again. The last thing she wanted was to accidentally cut off blood to his legs.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 8:02 pm

He woke up and stood slowly grinning widely. A beautifully biblically mad dream; Moses, leading his people. This time across a landbridge. And then, the tides came in, blood red, absorbing his flock. The pharoah laughed, a maniacal and truly strong laugh. He then swore he was imagining the pharoah's guards as some mutated mass of flesh. Of course, then he had woke.

"I think I need to talk with Nox. It's time. I'm ready... Our next strike. This one, I promise, will be big... Hahaha.. And of course, I'll act the priest; make them follow me, then realize.. And my plan will come to fruition..."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Opening her eyes dreamily, she patted his shoulder. "I'll return to my room then if you like. I've been sleepy all day, might as well catch up." She got up slowly, stretching her legs out before standing up. "I'm glad you let me stay."
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 8:19 pm

He turned to her and grinned at her, half driven man then kissed her. He held her waist gently then spoke, determined.

"Try not to hate me. I'm going to tell you about the plan Nox and I had. WE were responsible for some of the bombings, we made the government angry. I'm going to turn every single human on Earth who isn't judged for death into a catalyst, and bring about a new world order. Go ahead and leave if you want..."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 8:27 pm

Steph rested her head against his chest, keeping her arms around him. "My parents had no sympathy. All I cared about was a bed to sleep in, food to eat. Maybe now, others will understand what I've gone through..." She looked into his eyes. "Even if I didn't like your plan, I wouldn't leave you."
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 8:36 pm

He felt her and looked down raising an eyebrow as she rested her head on his chest, surprised by the action to say the least. When she made eye contact, he smiled widely then kissed her forehead.

"You'd stay? I'm glad you concur.. Well love, if you'll excuse me I must put on some priest robes and then rile up a bunch of people. After that I promise I'll return safe and soundly."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 8:49 pm

Steph nodded, grasping both of his hands and moving them to her waist. "I'll be in my room whenever you want to talk. Good luck." Slowly turning, she left the room and wandered back to her own one, taking her jacket off the doorknob. The warmth of the bed was a big relief for her as she went to sleep again.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 8:52 pm

He walked into his closet and couldn't find the outfit he described. That was fine; he was better known for being a rebelious person, so a priesthood outfit would be stupid. He walked up to where he had seen the two (Nox and Pandora) talking before he spoke up.

"I think it's time. We're going for Fort Aurum. Pandora, hit the base and hit it hard this time, that way Nox can't get killed.."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 8:58 pm

Nox turned to Ragnarok. He had interrupted the little moment. "Piss off, it can wait." Jesus. He had a skill for walking in at the worst times. What. The actual. Fuck. Go away. "So if you could just leave for a bit..."
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 9:00 pm

He saw Pandora and made a little girly giggle, skipping off down the corridor chanting "Pandora and Nox" all the way down. He turned the corner and headed for Steph's room, to help soothe his maddening boredom. Upon arrival he knocked lightly on the door.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 9:11 pm

Steph opened her eyes as the knock came. "Come in Rocky." She smiled as she turned towards the door. It wasn't hard to guess that he was the only one who would actually come to visit her.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 9:14 pm

He opened the door and closed it slowly to keep the sound almost silent. He raised an eyebrow curiously at the name then laughed.

"Well, my first nickname. Everyone usually calls me 'Ragnarok' or 'Whothehellareyou'. But I'll let it slide for you.."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 9:22 pm

Steph shuffled to one side, making room for him. "Well, it sounds cooler, and it's easier." Her eyes closed again. Sleep, so much sleep. Best way to relieve stress.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 9:27 pm

He slid in beside her and laughed; now he was named for a fictional fighter. Life couldn't get better. He slowly began to drift off to sleep next to her.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 11:45 pm

"They're fighting a war - a war that no one's going to win. If the government kills all the Catalysts, are we better off?"

The bearded man shouted back. "And if the Catalysts win, where are we? Subject to whatever the hell they want to do to us? No, ma'am, we're better off with the government swine. At least then we know what to expect. The devil we know over the devil we don't, says I." This drew a few cheers of support, and Winter sensed expectant eyes on her from the imaginary side of the line.

"Who says we have to let them win? Listen, mate. Not all of the metas are aligned. Some are good, some are evil, some just don't care - like I said, they're just like us. The entire country's economy depends on us, the workers - if there were nationwide strikes, it doesn't matter how many people the bastards in office kill off, so long as the rest of us remain strong. We can show both the government and the evil metas that we will not be controlled." Winter received a few nods of understanding from both sides of the crowd, and someone even clapped her on the back.

A long-haired woman in a dark red jacket spoke from the opposing group of citizens. "So then how many of us have to die to make this plan work, hmm? Even if we took up arms, either the fucking police would get us or the fucking metas would."

Winter sighed as once again the tables turned against her. The man with the cane spoke up from behind her. "Now see her, you all. you're overlooking one thing - there are some Catalysts that would like to see the end of the government without replacing it. We may count on enlisting their help if any type of revolution occurs. Wouldn't you agree, ma'am?"

He shot Winter such a knowing glance that she shivered, even as she began to sweat. The fuck? How could he know what I am?

She was, however, quick to cover. "Q-Quite so. As I s-said, the only reason the good metas haven't shown themselves is because they know that any attempt to fight back against their... less scrupulous brethren or the government itself will only end in their futile demise. There are doubtlessly many of such hidden allies scattered around that have seen the same things you have, citizens - deaths of family members at the hands of the government's cruelty as well as those of other Catalysts." At this, even the man with the beard frowned slightly as several of his allies shuffled over with nervous feet to Winter's side.

Winter raised her chin and continued her oration with greater courage. "We should not turn our backs on those who could help us! We aren't fighting the Catalysts, nor even the government - we're fighting injustice, and it occurs everywhere, even among our own ranks. Let us be allied against tyranny - but not rule - and against disregard for human life - but not the will to save it!"

Only the bearded man, long-haired woman, and an aged oriental man stood opposite Winter. The latter spoke next, quite softly so that all present were forced to lean in close. "Young.. lady... What exactly do you... propose? You... can't unify an entire nation... against something as powerful and oppressive... as the government."

Winter considered this. "I'll think of something. I have to. It is my belief that the people of our country have suffered long enough at the government's hands to be open to the idea of revolution - and though I'd much rather to lead a peaceful revolt... it is becoming rapidly more clear to me that such a tactic might not be effective."

Suddenly remembering the bee catalyst, who was undoubtedly still running loose, Winter attempted to excuse herself. "You'll hear more of me, I promise. Keep your eyes and ears peeled, my friends, for change is upon us." She walked away from the group, and a muffled clap or two followed her exit, though the wiser individuals simply frowned and nodded before going their own separate ways.

One man, however, followed Winter and halted her in a nearby alley. She recognized him immediately as the man with the cane, and as she turned about she held her fists up in what she hoped was a threatening manner.

"Who are you? And how did you know about...?" Here Winter faltered, looking around to make sure they were really alone.

The man chuckled, tapping his cane twice on the concrete. "Me? I'm naught but a citizen of this lovely city - and I must say, I had my doubts as to your true identity until you confirmed it for me just now." He smiled, though not cruelly. "I was at your speech the other day. Quite inspiring, I must say, though with the amount of police on your tail after that, no ordinary human could have escaped alive. You're a Catalyst."

Winter narrowed her eyes. "So I am. Would you hate me as the rest seem to?"

He chuckled and moved closer, resting a hand on her shoulder in an almost fatherly manner. "Oh, no. We need those such as you, miss. You are a natural leader - Metahuman or no, the people of this country need you to guide them, whether it be to victory or doom. And I believe you have it in you."

Sensing that the man meant her no ill will, Winter lowered her hands and examined him. His eyes were a deep blue, and collected wrinkles under them, the sorts of creases that originate from a life of pain. She felt oddly comfortable having an ordinary human for an ally, if ally he was. "...Thanks. I just... I don't know what to do."

He removed his hand and began to back away. "You had the right idea before, I think. Violence, them bastards can fight - but stalwart peace is something else entirely. Do not despair! Remain strong and so will those you lead."

Winter objected as he turned to leave, but he cut her off, raising a hand in dismissal as he marched down the alley with his hobbling gait. "Tut tut! When next you need me, I'll find you. Good luck - Winter!"

And with this, the man was gone, leaving a quite perplexed young woman alone in the dark, cluttered alley, the wind blowing a mournful tune at her back.

Last edited by MataRahi on Mon 28 May 2012, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012, 12:10 am

More time passed before she woke once more. Turning to Ragnarok, she patted his shoulder. "You think we should tell Bloom? I was just wondering, because I feel fully rested, and more or less like I should go for a walk."
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012, 12:28 am

He woke easily and sat up nodding, rubbing his eye. If he knew Bloom, she'd be spray painting buildings or up and about, trying to get people to follow her.. Time to use the ability of asking about to find her.

"I rather fancy a walk, now that you mention it.. It seems like a nice bit of exercise."
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012, 12:48 am

Ray drew near, he was very close to the two people, but still hidden from their view. Another drew close, but was quickly and vulgarly sho'd away. Hmmm... Perhaps now was not the right time. No... Now this disguise was useless. "Monopoly man it is." He snuck back and hid behind a building while he put on the Dovetailed Tuxedo, black dress pants, Top hat, and Gentlemanly glasses. He kept the beard, though scrunched his face a bit more to make it seem less fake. And he put a small bend in his back and a developed a arthritic ankle. The top hat seemed a little much, so he switched to a flat cap. He twirled his cane around in his fingers.

Now the feeble man, no longer the confederate officer. But changing costumes so often will make him confused in his performance... He should not switch again for some time. Else his acting shall be in jeopardy. A bonus of the portals perhaps was that he never needed to have a closet, or luggage, and never needed to worry about getting the wallet he just stole, stolen from him. The government never paid him any mind, because they could never find him. The Media only knew that when a robbery could not be explained it was him who did it. The people didn't seem to care about him either, at least as long as he didn't steal from them. He tried the Robin Hood act a long time ago... He lacked any merry men, and the sheriff was a little more powerful. There was no Maid Marian, no the women were not too interested in the slippery eel that was he.

Back to his next goal though. Lampshade himself as best he could, and infiltrate their numbers. He walked toward the two, tipped his hat. "Good afterdusk." And kept on walking trying to focus on getting through the subway tunnel without having a panic attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)
Page 30 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next