WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here

Go down 
+9
Miirik
Alietum
Michangs
Snowy
Lupus
Jalines
Sadie
lUN_Cat16
Patches
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Michangs
User

Location : California, where you can be sure I'll never stop thinking about enamored dragons.

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 2:40 pm

Wait, whose name? Your soul-osprey's name? I've been automatically assuming that you considered this osprey of yours male, like you, but that actually makes sense after reading The Golden Compass and its sequels, where Philip Pullman also makes the dæmons generally the opposite gender from whomever they belong to.

Anyway! I'm going to have to keep thinking about sparrows. I felt really strongly about little birds about the time I got Spore a few years ago; that might be a good lead to chase. I mean, a sparrow is little and unassuming, and there's really nothing he can win a fight with besides maybe a few types of bugs, which I think definitely fits. Also, he hurts no one as he goes about his peaceful day (I don't think? I still have to research them), and as little as he seems, he can add a little beauty to everyone's day along the way by singing. I'm similarly unable/disinclined to fight with anyone, and I do a pretty good job of blending into the background. I also contribute in small, minor ways to the general good, mostly by being courteous to everyone. I can be roused to anger by something unjust, though, which, even though it's not enough to actually make me attack something, does certainly make me want to, and that's inaccurate. So, I'll need to keep considering whether those little guys are still close enough. I wish I already knew like you guys do! I'm so jealous.

I remember the name Ariadne from Greek myths. Was she the one who led...that guy...Theseus, was it? Did she lead him and maybe some buddies through the labyrinth? I give thanks to Percy Jackson for keeping my memory of those myths a little fresher, but I still can't quite remember.
Back to top Go down
http://michangs.deviantart.com/
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 3:07 pm

Wow, you guys are all more sure of yours then I am! I've never truly considered what my soul animal would be, although I went through a brief phase when I was younger of trying to figure out what animal I would like to be the most. Oh well, with what research I've done so far I've been drawn to the maned wolf, african wild dog, and some smaller species of wild cats.

I do present myself differently than I actually am to people, especially those I haven't known that long. I tend to appear shy at first, but gradually open up as I get to know people better. It takes quite a while for me to reveal the my many facets to someone, I think there's only one real person besides my family that knows about the majority of me and who I am.

Really, my many character all represent parts of me. Kaldra is my caring and motherly side, Aressa is the side of me that longs to fight back against those who've hurt me (though I haven't ever done that), Kari (from Sakky's werewolf rp) is my insecurities and desire to be accepted fully, and Ren (from that one rp similar to Maximum Ride) is my fearful side. Writing has taught me a lot about myself, so I guess that will help me find my soul animal in the end.
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

Location : A land where winter is the growing season and spring starts in February

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 6:33 pm

Hey, that sounds a lot like me! I start out shy and closed-off with people, then only confide in someone when I really trust them - and I am extremely slow to build trust. Moreover, my characters reflect parts of me exactly like yours do for you. As I mentioned waaaaaay long ago on the Sporum, Ev captures the side of me that's secluded and awkward but wants to help and be nice where possible. The protagonists of some other story concepts I've thought of - which, unfortunately, I'll never end up sharing because none of the ones I've started writing are anywhere near finished, and because I'm only ever interested in one or two at once - embody different aspects of either what I am or what I want to be. (Goodness, I hope that sentence wasn't too confusing...)

I wouldn't say I'm much more certain than you about my soul animal, though. I've discovered a lot about my personality through introspection, yet I'm having trouble equating some of my traits to any animal, let alone the same one. I might be on to something with dogs, but it's still just a guess. Nothing has resonated with me really deeply yet, so I think I'll need to keep looking.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

Location : California, where you can be sure I'll never stop thinking about enamored dragons.

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 7:09 pm

I also start off shy and gradually build trust. It's really showing on deviantART, where, after knowing everyone in this RP for many months now, I'm finally willing to share a lot about myself, particularly with Lyric/TheLegendofEevee since she and I happen to be getting into a lot of lengthy comment chains lately.

I don't really have more than one character to pour myself into; now that I've abandoned that Spore story where the character Michangs started out with all my worst traits amped up enough for him to be a psychotic weirdo, there's pretty much just Tem. And by this point in his development, he's what I want to be (species included...) much more than what I am. What matches up well is that he's started talking with the group more easily only after getting to know them better, like I just mentioned above. He has my anger against injustice, too, which is very strong and can get pretty scary since he and his race were wrongly hunted through half his life. But otherwise, he's now a degree or two better than me at social skills, resolved to the task well enough that he can put his fear aside when necessary (so far; we'll see what more danger does to him later), and thanks to the very uncommon circumstances he's found himself in, extremely successful in finding love. I'm not confident I could live up to any of those things in the same situation he's in. He's like a version of me that is mostly pretty accurate but makes fewer mistakes and has less pronounced weaknesses.

I wouldn't say I'm any farther than you in the search, Wolfpaw. I haven't done any research yet, so you're actually a step ahead....
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 7:50 pm

I guess Aelirsa is a pretty good representation of myself, cold hearted, rather willing to trust and confide in people, yet spiteful of petty relationships that seem doomed to fail. And best of all, very unwilling to accept things from others, including help.

And there's that yearning/self denial for a companion thrown in too.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Miirik
Refugee
Miirik

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 8:00 pm

WARNING: I'm probably going to sound a bit arrogant in the next paragraph.

I'm now 100% certain that I'm a serval. Our similarities in behavior: I'm fairly intelligent (Yay for A's!), mischievous, playful, and I like solving problems (aside from math problems). I'm usually successful (except in sports), just like a hunting serval (50% catch rate!). Servals are often seen playing with their food before they eat it (but after it's already dead), and I do that too. However, the serval's big ears come to play, too: sometimes I hear things that I'd rather not, and I seem to be able to hear quieter things than most people. Also, many people don't acknowledge the existence of servals--again, like me.

On the other hand, I'm not as friendly or outgoing as a serval. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
http://miirik.deviantart.com/
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 8:47 pm

Sup guys.

Yeah, Mich, Ariadnê is a girl :3
It comes from the idea of the Anima and Animus. Where men have an Anima, or female subconscious, and women have an Animus, or a male subconscious.
And as for her name, you'd be correct. Ariadnê is one of the many daughters of King Minos, who infamously sent people to their death in the Labyrinth. She was the one who lead Theseus safely through. But I actually didn't know that when I named her. Αριανδη (Ariadnê) is Greek for "Most Holy" or "Utterly Pure", which I really liked because she's my soul, y'know? The soul is the holiest and purest part of a person, and we both thought it fit. She's the purest part of me. When I found out that Αριανδη was the one who lead Theseus through the Labyrinth, it made even more sense to us, cause she's kinda the one leading me through life.

I would say I'm a lot like you guys when I don't present the "true" me to others. I guess I take it a step further though with the fact that I never show people who I really am. People tend to like the facade better (;
Actually the real me is a lot like Jokie's description of himself!
But delete the "trust and confide in people"
Could add "finds solace in loneliness"

Miirik, on my note sheet I wrote you down as a Serval.

And remember guys, this isn't an exact science. If you find a lot of similarities, as long as you really feel it in your gut that "YES THIS IS ME", the small differences are expected.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 12:41 am

Ah, good, I was right about the Minoan labyrinth. Phew!

Wow, that's intense. I agree that it's a good name for a soul, though.

Awww, your real self is so lonesome! :( Don't worry, I can be a friend if you like. I can definitely identify with liking solitude, though. It's peaceful and calm, as long as you don't have too much of it. I actually feel like, inside, I'm more outgoing than I usually show others, and it's only when they're my good friends (like you guys :) ) that I let them see it.

Ohhh, I'm so conflicted! I see Tem and think "YES I want to be that," but I just don't know if I really am a dragon. Grr! It's even harder since people speculate all kinds of traits for dragons; I like to think they're noble, wise, and oftentimes rather kind, but some others would say they're dumb, evil, treasure-hoarding, princess-kidnapping monsters! *Sigh* I'll keep thinking on it, then...and while I'm at it, I'll stop saying the same things over and over again.

Man, Greek letters are so confusing. I see the Greek version of Ariadne, and it looks to me like Apiavon. :P

On another note, great to hear you've been successful in the search, Miirik! Yay for A's for sure! :D I seem to hear little extra things better than most people, too. I don't have any of the other serval traits, though, except maybe the success one.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 1:26 am

I used to be a wyvern (the one on my DA profile), but then I started identifying with the orca more.

That's really my problem with dragons in general; not that I don't like them, because I obviously do. But, nobody can agree on anything. When someone identifies themselves as a dragon, you've learned absolutely nothing, other than that they probably like other reptiles and dinosaurs too.

I typically lean more towards the cynical side on dragons, often framing it as "they simply have a well-developed sense of their own awesomeness," but looking at Western accounts of dragons... the picture isn't generally that good. Western people looking at dragons positively is a rather new development. A positive outlook on dragons is more common in the East, but they're talking about an entirely different creature with enough anatomical similarity we call it the same thing. They act in very different ways and have an entirely different role in the world.

So, they're probably clever or cunning, long-lived and wise, almost certainly powerful, but they're generally complete jerks to anyone that can't beat them into being otherwise.

Orcas are often a mystery, but at least there's stuff we do and don't know for certain. There's stuff I can take or leave about them, but... they're so freaking cool.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 2:41 am

Surprise surprise, I like (most) other reptiles and some dinosaurs (as in, pretty much just raptors). :P

True, Western people regard dragons as nasty more often than not. Skyrim really isn't helping, I'm sure. But I'm very glad that not everyone sees them that way anymore; otherwise I might not feel so good about my admiration for them.

My take on them is that not all of them are so jerky. Sure, it's definitely possible for some to be arrogant when they're so mighty, but others don't have to be. I just proved your point about the disagreement big-time....

I think I failed to learn anything about orcas just now, but okay.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 2:53 am

Well, if you wanted to actually learn something... XP

They're intelligent pack hunters that seem to walk the line between being sociable and just about cuddly and being vicious killing machines. They're curious and playful towards humans (Here's one trying to talk to a motor boat). When hunting, they use very sophisticated tactics, such as tipping icebergs over to slide seals off into the waiting mouths of pod members on the other side. They're capable of some form of language that we can't really decipher yet. We do know that they have distinct dialects among pods, and that they greet each other with a call unique to each whale, which could possibly be their name.

Basically, they're like ocean-going wolves, only smarter.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 8:19 am

Dragons can be whatever you want them to be! :D
Which is why in all honesty I wouldn't recommend it :3
Cause you know, conflicting definitions.

Orcas are badass. They're my favourite animal.
In fact, it I could be any animal id want to be an Orca.

And Greek letters are the bomb. I'm typing Ariadnê's name in Greek for now on.

And Mich, you is my friend :3
Everyone here is my friend :D

And the real me is exactly what I need it to be.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

Fascinating! I didn't know orcas blended playfulness and deadliness. Given the nickname "killer whale," I thought they mostly just did the same thing as sharks without being quite as notorious for it, but it sounds like they're much smarter about it and much nicer when not in the mood to hunt. Now I can see how you'd find them cool! Just try not to go killing machine on us too often. XD

Aww, thanks, Alietum, but if that internal coldness ever gets to you, we're always here to chat. Well, I guess I can't really say always, but, you know. :)
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 9:43 pm

Ok, I've narrowed it down to two animals now: the mountain lion and the african wild dog. Each one symbolizes and represents parts of my personality and what I've gone through. I'm leaning towards the mountain lion right now, but still have a bit more thinking to do.

I tend to be more of what's known as an introvert personality, I sort of "recharge" by having alone time. I'm not completely that way though, as I do enjoy being with other people. I tend to only be really at ease with people that I know well.

Once I'm certain, I'll post my soul animal along with my reasons for choosing it as that seems to be what you all are doing with yours.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 1:33 am

Wow, that second paragraph matches me exactly! I'm reserved with people I don't know well, which is almost everyone, even if it doesn't show up too well when you guys are the ones I'm talking (well, typing) with. I find alone time helpful and valuable as well.

Now if I just had the initiative to stop being lazy and research an animal that's like that...(besides the mountain lion, it would seem)
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 5:10 pm

Well, I think there are a good number of wild cats that are pretty reserved and live rather alone. There might also be some wolf species too. That's all I really looked into because I'd learned about about those groups already through other research.
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

Sorry for the double-post, but I’ve finally settled on a soul animal: the mountain lion.

First off, it’s known by many different names, from puma to cougar, on and on. This reflects the many different pictures of me that I show to different people. To some I am the shy girl, to some I’m the smart writer, to some I’m the lover of fire, etc. Only a few select people know all those facets of me at once. They’re also largely solitary animals, which meshes with me “recharging” when I’m alone.

The cougar is very slender and agile, also like me. It’s not as muscular as other large cats, just as I’m somewhat weak compared to other people. The mountain lion physically cannot roar, I’ve yelled at someone only extremely rarely. They've really ticked me off too; it takes a lot to get me to the point where I will actually yell directly at a person. This brings up how they’ll viciously attack if cornered, just as I’ll sometimes lash out if I feel “cornered” by someone. Mountain lions are generally silent except for mother-offspring communication and I’m usually rather quiet, except for when I’m around those I like and feel comfortable with.

Lastly, I’ve read that mountain lions will fight off anything (even a full-grown grizzly) to defend their young. One of the few times I’ve actually confronted someone head-on, like I was shaking, furious, raising my voice, etc., was in order to make sure my sisters would never be forced to confront that person over that problem in their life. It was a tough and rather distasteful experience, but I did it for them.

There you go, that's my soul animal. Sorry for the somewhat long description of why it fits me, but I thought you guys should know the reasoning behind my choice.
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 11:32 pm

It's beautiful (:
Just give him a name and your path will come to an end.

But a new path will make itself known to you. It's a long a hard one, but it's one that will deliver you a life-long friend that will never betray you. If you work hard, you'll be able to start seeing and being able to talk to your Dæmon. (:
It's truly magical.

And give him a name that kinda fits with you two. One of my friends, Brandon, named his Snowy Owl Dæmon Liboria, which means "free" due to his yearning for it.
As I said, Ariadnê's name comes from the fact she guides me through life and keeps me on the right path. Without her I'm lost.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 12:14 am

Don't apologize for the description, Lupus! It's fascinating! Congratulations on finding such a good match! :D

I just can't help but think how ironic it is that what almost took out Kaldra turned out to be your soul animal. Funny how things play out sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Lyric
Refugee
Lyric

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 8:35 pm

I was planning on posting tonight, but I have waaaaay too much homework :( At this point, I might even use lunch to write out a rough-draft X(

Today, my best friend told me I was a lot like some kind of cat. Considering she has been my friend for about seven years, this is probably pretty accurate. Now I just need to find out whether it's a wild cat or a domestic cat (and then which subspecies or breed from there).
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 1:50 am

That's okay! As long as the post is soon (as in, next few days or so), that's fine with me.

Hey, I just remembered - crows are actually super-smart, in league with dolphins, I think, and if not, they're not far behind. (We saw a great video on them in Biology two years ago, and I never forgot it!) That could be good for me...especially if they're sort-of-solitary-except-for-friends-and-such. I wouldn't say I'm quite that high above my fellow humans in intelligence, probably little smarter than any of you if at all, but that still leaves me pretty smart! (Thinly veiled compliment for the win!) I like that idea; I'll have to look into it.

EDIT: So, after a bit of research, I've learned that in select areas, some might consider crows to be on the way to competing with humans! (Namely, some startling success in tool-making, as tough as it must be with just feet to work with, at least according to something out of National Geographic.) Along the same theme, crows are ingenious problem-solvers that very few other animals can compete with; scientists have let them try to get food out of certain tests that require complex methods to do so, and the crows have done it! That's where the tool-making stuff comes in, bending wires the intended way and such, and the best part of the Biology video I mentioned.

It might seem arrogant to think so, but I believe this is a fitting trait for me. Of course I've had my share (or more) of stupid moments, but other times I've made myself proud with my ingenuity. I don't think of myself as exceeding others' mental powers that much anyway, and part of the excitement I'm suddenly feeling about this crow idea is some of that less-explicable stuff. Which is a good sign! That's more than I've felt for any other viable animals so far. And the negative traits? The black color that makes people see them as an omen of death and/or misfortune? Well, I've been known to paint an awfully dark picture of a situation before. Many many times before. We have a running joke about me being the most pessimistic in the family, even if I've improved quite a bit over the years. The unpleasant cawing sound? Okay, my voice isn't that bad. I can talk fine a good amount of the time, and awkwardness isn't even the same as raspiness anyway. That still doesn't mean I particularly like my voice, though.

If my hazy recollection of the video is right (and it may well not be), crows form close bonds among family groups, too, and socialize with them and get along with them in a special way. You can say that for me as well. For crows, the "special way" is mostly a dialect they form within their cawing, which, as much as it suggests how advanced they are, isn't terribly accurate to me, but still. I guess my family - extended family, too - has a certain sense of humor that we all enjoy but might not be quite so easily understood by others, so there's that.

Boy, that ended up longer than I expected. It's good to see I have a lot of ideas on crows, though! I'm really feeling very nicely about this option. In fact, if I don't get around to researching any more or find myself inspired again, I'm about 85% sure I'll pick the crow as my soul animal. Mm...maybe 80%.

That's bizarre. I edited this last night, but it only recorded tiny tweaks this morning. Hm. I've seen the site not record edits for a certain time after posting something, which is nice if you have to fix a little error, but I thought it would say if I edited it two days after posting. Odd.

Last edited by Michangs on Sat 25 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 3:26 am

I'm glad to see that everyone is really getting into the whole idea of learning more about their soul animal and the like, a nice little 'get to know each other better' if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Lyric
Refugee
Lyric

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 2:33 pm

Yes! =^.^=

Erm... I'm finally able to post, but I'm a bit stumped on what it should be about! )X I had an idea about a month ago o.O

This might take a while...
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 3:36 pm

Well, Tem and Kaldra are helping Agate up, so I think you should have her get up again and start moving with the rest of the group, at the very least. Any side thoughts or actions are still up to you, which I guess are the real questions....
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 4:47 pm

20 mile bike ride = awesome
Running out of water half way through? Not so much

I need to post.

Also the Dæmon soul animal thing is amazing. I love all this (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next