WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here

Go down 
+9
Miirik
Alietum
Michangs
Snowy
Lupus
Jalines
Sadie
lUN_Cat16
Patches
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Michangs
User

Location : California, where you can be sure I'll never stop thinking about enamored dragons.

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2012, 3:05 pm

No problem! That pretty much describes my week too. :P I'm waiting for Jokie more anyway, so no worries.
Back to top Go down
http://michangs.deviantart.com/
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Dec 2012, 8:59 am

I'm getting around to that I swear!

Also, I just happened to notice that the twins' birthday is coming up within a week, well my time at least. So I have extra motivation to get posting it seems. >>
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Michangs
User

Location : California, where you can be sure I'll never stop thinking about enamored dragons.

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Dec 2012, 7:27 pm

Ah, don't you worry about it either. I can be patient. Sometimes.

Yes! Here, I'd call it a week from tomorrow, but the 11th is indeed soon.
Back to top Go down
Miirik
Refugee
Miirik

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

I have been very brain-dead lately, but I promise that I'll post soon-ish!

Your profile picture is completely correct, Jokie. (I can't get over that cat's face--seriously! He/she frowns like me...Hrm...)

On a "fun" note, one of my fellow students is going to jail. So, it was a pretty interesting Thursday for me. :/ I don't know them personally--well, I hope not. The faculty, a few other students, and I seem to be the only ones left in the dark about the criminal's identity. >:C My principal was quite epic. *Nods*

I really wanted to throw a table at that person though, because their idiotic prank cut into MY lunchtime. YOU DON'T MESS WITH MY LUNCH TIME. ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S SHORT ENOUGH ALREADY. Iiiiiiit would help if I knew who it was--and if the tables weren't so heavy. :C

And last week, there was a real-deal fire. They told us that it was the ventilation pipes or something, but I'm skeptical. It was possibly some kid smoking something-or-other in the bathroom. Because that's how my school rolls.

So, how's life for you guys? Happy early birthday, too!
Back to top Go down
http://miirik.deviantart.com/
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:00 pm

Things are, okay.

I found out that this garage sale we're holding is literally the difference between having electricity or not. And well, we're up pretty high in the middle of the mountains, I'm worried myself...

On the flipside I've gone completely pony mad, and now most of my time is spent writing again, so I guess there's that/
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

Location : A land where winter is the growing season and spring starts in February

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 10:33 pm

Not bad, not bad. Thanks for the early happy birthday! Very Happy

To jail! Wow, and I thought things were getting pretty chaotic at my school. Our lunch got cut off early a couple times recently, but it was for some rowdy kids mud-sliding on the grassy area at the center of the school. :/ Yeah... it rains so little here that Californians get a little crazy when it actually does. There weren't any real fires for us, but there was a very annoyingly disruptive false alarm a couple months ago.

Unfortunately, even though things are pretty tame at our school, it's still been relatively scandalous lately - right when it's time for our senior class to send in college applications. Our school has such good ratings and records that its reputation takes a big hit from everything that goes wrong. Thanks to the very small group of irresponsible people doing these stupid pranks, I've heard some of my classmates express worry about their chances of getting into college after all the negative publicity around our school. Michangs and I should be okay considering our high scores, but I'm concerned for the other good students who might be harmed by all this nonsense.

Okay, enough of my ranting.... In better news, there may be art in my near future! I tried sketching out a picture of Ev a week or two ago; I have to say the result sucked, but the practice was extremely helpful. Depending on my time and inspiration, I may have something substantial pretty soon! Just in case, I'll extend the definition of "near future" to Christmas break.

Oh my! I hope that all works out for you, Jokie!
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm

I was going to say much the same...surprise, surprise. Now if my aging keyboard had just waited a little longer before dying on me... (Especially because I'm about to receive a new one for my birthday! Weird timing. Good thing we had this spare one.)

For the sake of your classmates and lunch time, Miirik, I hope your Thursdays aren't quite that "interesting" in the future.

I'm thinking of some art around Christmas break as well. (Including that sketch I still haven't finished coloring...) I'm wondering if there's the faintest chance that Microsoft Paint would actually let me do something digitally; I'll probably give that a shot.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 2:36 am

Okay, I'm still around, so I'm assuming that's a good sign.

And I finally posted, somehow inspiration hit me and I just pulled words out of thin air. Hope that the significant delay wasn't too much of a pain.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 7:45 pm

Hooray, just in time for my birthday, too! I must say, advancing the RP a little more isn't a bad present. I admit that I would've been irked by the delay, but a very busy few weeks have started up, so it was no problem.

Last edited by Michangs on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyric
Refugee
Lyric

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 8:02 pm

Happy birthday, Michangs and Jalines!!!! I hope it was a good one! :D
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

Location : A land where winter is the growing season and spring starts in February

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 8:23 pm

Hey, thanks a bunch! It was mostly just another normal day, actually, but that's probably because it's a weekday. We're going to do some more celebration this Sunday by going to see the new Hobbit movie! Very Happy We were going to eat at a restaurant afterward as well, but we decided not to do that since we'll need all the time we can get for college application essays. :/ We're okay with just the movie, though.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 8:30 pm

Thank you, Lyric! :) Yeah, I don't mind skipping the special dinner part. I'm not necessarily excited about eating out except at a few places, none of which was the one we'd planned on. So, no real loss. Time to work means more work out of the way and then (eventually...) more time to play games! Very Happy

...Hrm, that big new number on the left of my posts is a little intimidating. Neutral

Oh! I've been meaning to ask this for...well, the nine months since you came in, Jokie. It says in Aelirsa's description that she was born in Australia and later lived in the US. I know it doesn't really matter that much, but I'm curious; does she still have an Australian accent? Because I bet we imagine the characters all having the same accent when they might actually be different (I know I do with everyone except her).
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 9:25 pm

Happy birthday, Michangs and Jalines! :)

I hope you have a fun time seeing the Hobbit on Sunday, it looks like it will be a great movie. Good luck on all those college application essays too.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 9:36 pm

Thank you, Lupus! :D

Yes, the Hobbit seems super cool from the clips I've seen; I'm totally looking forward to it. Thank you for the good wishes, too! We'll take all the luck we can get on these.
Back to top Go down
Miirik
Refugee
Miirik

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 11:06 pm

I'm so sorry guys--I really, really tried to draw something for you in time. But I have deadlines in almost every class, and LaF's deadline is creeping up, too. And...those are awful reasons, but I really don't have time for anything fun or, well, nice. You can blame my history teacher in particular. Life has become very busy recently.

I'm sorry. sad

The good news is that Winter Break is coming up! So I'll be able to finish it over the break! w00t

Happy birthday! :D

The Hobbit? Sounds cool!
Back to top Go down
http://miirik.deviantart.com/
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 2:02 am

Oh, don't go worrying about that! I honestly forgot about your tendency to do drawings for birthdays, so it's actually good news that we'll get one in the first place. I found out over the last few days that I'm going to be about that busy for the next couple weeks (imminent finals and associated homework + impending college apps = not fun), so, really, no pressure at all. Thanks for the happy birthday! :)
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 2:07 am

Why do I take so long to reply?! D:

Thank you so much, Miirik! I'm touched that you tried so hard to make art for us even with everything else going on. I wouldn't consider those bad reasons at all; really, I don't want you to miss any school or LaF deadlines for my sake. Like Michangs, I forgot to expect any art at all, so I'll be happy whatever and whenever it is. Smile

Speaking of art, I obviously haven't finished my own idea yet, but today was a huge step forward. I'd already finished the project we had to do for my Animation class's final "exam," so I used my huge amount of free time in class to look at some of the drawing books the teacher has in there. I was overjoyed to find a book called Dragon Art, and after looking at it for a little while, I realized it was the same book Eo mentioned somewhere on dA! I don't remember where or why it came up, but he said the name of the author, Jessica Peffer, was the inspiration for the name of CoA's city - Jessica, Texas. Very Happy Anyway, I got some incredibly helpful information and practice with the book, which I think will let me finally draw something correctly. In fact, it was so great that I might put it on my Christmas list, if there's still time. (Ha, I almost sound like an advertiser now...)
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 3:03 am

Holy crud, I had no idea your teacher had that book!!!! I have to sneak into his classroom now!!

...Heh. That's really awesome, though. I could do with a copy of that to share... *wink* *wink* I think it was on one of my full-body sketches that he mentioned it.

One thing I've finally come to realize on my own is that there's a part of the skull, for dinosaurs and thus a lot of people's dragon designs, where it kind of dips inward close to the tip of the mouth, in a sort of oval shape. I'll have to play around with that feature. (Any bonus points...?)
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 11:28 pm

Sorry about my absence, a hailstorm wrecked the power line and seemingly did something to our internet router, it now won't pick up anything at all. At least I have my new drawing tablet, which really makes up for the severe lack of access I will now face.

By the way, the hailstones were on average at golf ball size, the smallest being bigger than my thumbnail. Had a few cars take cover under the shelter of our trees. P:
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 11:35 pm

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that, Jokie! Don't worry about causing us any serious delays, since Aelirsa doesn't seem heavily engaged in anything at the moment. (Although if it isn't picking up anything...how did you post at all?) Enjoy the drawing tablet!

On the note of new things, merry Christmas, everyone! :) And happy holidays, whatever you might be celebrating this time of year. I had a good day, partly because one of the gifts I received this morning may have been the most awesome ever. My parents bought me a print of Miirik's drawing of Tem! :D It's huge and looks fantastic. I expect it to be up on the wall somewhere in my room soon. Jalines got a print of the Ev one too! On top of that, we indeed got a copy of the Dragon Art book, plus some more that I greatly appreciated. I hope you all enjoyed your days too! :)
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012, 6:45 am

Mm, speaking of drawings I have Aelirsa planned for the sketch board once I finish this quick test run of the pad. Three dimensional is the one thing I've avoided until now, since I'll have access to far better ways of shading I no longer dread the thought.

Oh, as for my ability to post, the backup wireless cost a bit to get filled again, but it's surprisingly around the same speed anyway. The only downside is the very small download, which restricts me from YouTube and such. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that everyone's Christmas has been positive and joyful so far, I wish the same for 2013. :D
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012, 8:09 pm

Oh hey, I had to look back a page to remind even myself to ask again, but I've been mildly curious for a while, Jokie - does Aelirsa have an Australian accent? Because I recall from her description that she was born in Australia, but she's lived in the US long enough that maybe the accented is faded or less strong by now, so...
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012, 8:34 pm

I hadn't really thought about her original accent being present, I'd imagine that being reformed into a new body would require a bit of adjustment to the new jaw shape, tongue and vocal chords.

Honestly I don't see her having it any more, at most a toning down on the American accent from her. Sometimes I don't put near enough thought into things, as opposed to thinking about things way too much.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012, 9:13 pm

All right then. I honestly think that accents are something that not very many people carefully consider, going into an RP, unless someone explicitly calls attention to them. It's one of those things more often taken for granted. For instance, I've always imagined Tem, and everyone, come to think of it, as having the accent I'm used to (I'd call it a generic American accent, although I think Californians may occasionally have unique way of pronouncing something). Since I've thought about it before, I've considered that Tem doesn't spend very much time around the Texan humans in the area, and also decided that at least one of his parents is from California.

Wow, you have 1111 posts! (But only until you reply to my saying so - how cruel!)
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012, 9:48 pm

Indeed, fate is quite unfair. Might I take the chance though to point out that you have 123 posts yourself. P:

Generally with accents, I avoid strong ones unless it's implied they would have one, because otherwise there's not that much of a difference on text.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next