WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Another Crack in the Sidewalk

Go down 
+5
DB
Agent 9
Mr Allen J
Shade
The Illusive Badger
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 2:23 pm

For being on foot John was making good time, and what was better was that his outfit was comepletely untouched. "Good, good. Now...just a few hundred feet and I should be there..." He voiced to himself, just after crossing the road. Once more he allowed himself to fantasise as he walked down the sidewalk, blissfully unaware of moving objects around him.

Luckily he stayed on the sidewalk.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 2:29 pm

A nice suit. Business casual. This wasn't tux-worthy. Tux was for... stuff dad did. Whatever dad did. Stocks or something. Shit, Wally though as he pulled on the jacket, who gave a fuck what Dad did, whatever it was, it made them rich, and that was all that mattered at that point.

Anyways. Both levels of party where ready. Assuming he knew the other kids like he did, the first level would be a bit lame. Though big band was cool and loud, it wasn't everyone's thing. So the lower level was more their style, although Wally wouldn't be there. ((This sounds so laaaaaame even to meeeee goooood whyyyyyy... keepittogetherkeepittogether))

As he made his way down the marble steps, a manservant appeared.

"Master Wallace-"

"Vito, for the last time, stop speaking in that stupid accent."

"Master Wallace, my name is Victor."

"No," Wally said. "You're Vito. You're from New York, not Bringingham or wherever the fuck. This isn't a convention, so cut the Alfred-slash-Bruce Wayne cosplay crap and just act normal. It's cool. New Yorkers are cool."

"Okay," Vito said, speaking in his normal accent now. "Anyways, Master Wallace, just wanted to letcha know, there's some chick at the front door for ya. First of many, I assume."

"Who could it be?" Wally said with faux wonder, walking briskly across the lobby, opening the door to the enbandanaed Jubilee. He smiled.

"A bit dressed up for this, ya know. I said business casual."

"Fuck you, I don't wear business casual. A 'nice dress' would have been nice."

"Sorry, sorry, of course," Wally said, smirking slightly. "Come on in..."

((Post arrivals now if you so please))
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
Celo The Impossible
User
Celo The Impossible

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 3:05 pm

Lexy pulled up to the front of the house the invitation said. "Here we are, she cheerfully said as she opened the door. "Feel free to lock the doors if you want," she said as she shut the driver's door. She walked up to the door of the mansion, not waiting for victor, and knocked. She smiled happily, wondering who was going to be there. She anxiously waited as she pulled at the bottom of her dress.
Back to top Go down
http://Celo99.deviantart.com
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 3:26 pm

Nervous, energy...a little...riled?

Her aura was a blend of colors and it threw Alex off a bit. There was the whirlwind of emotions and passion inside the building, he always had trouble reading people when they had consumed alcohol. Their auras flickered and danced like a fire drowning in gasoline, unpredictable, without rhyme or reason. Alex had never tried alcohol, and he was a bit afraid too. It was hard enough getting around when one was blind, much less when one was blind and too hammered to talk straight.

And a blind, drunk boy made a rather easy target for some of the less noble inhabitants of their wonderful city.

He made his way up the walkway: he'd heard people say Wally had a nice house, but he didn't have much of a way of knowing. Alex kind of judged buildings based on their acoustics and accessability, which weren't really features most people prioritized in house building, so discussions of how fancy someone's house were bored him.

Along with discussions of hot girls. Alex felt terribly alone in those discussions. Secretly, he wanted to see a naked woman just to know what all the fuss was about. He got nervous around girls but it was hard to understand this idea of...attraction. He understood lust from watching auras and, honestly, his own feelings, but he couldn't grasp what it was about a girl's image that fascinated people so.

Alex's cane click-clacking its way across the walkway, he turned more to his own feelings than that of the girl at the door. What was this going to be like? He was kind of a loner, and although most people were nice out of pity, he was never entirely sure what people thought. He needed a good, long look at someone to get their true feelings, and the brief glances inbetween classes rarely gave him the opportunity to know what people thought. Onl their outermost feelings or what they were projecting, which made it difficult for even him to tell if people were lying at times. With concentration, he could discern it, but things were never so simple.

Alex realized he was worrying about how he looked. Not like I could do anything about it, anyways. Alex made his way up the steps (steps were a BITCH) and towards the door. Finding a wall, he leaned back against it. Err...did he start conversation with the girl or stay quiet? What to do, what to do...he could fake a phone call. Yeah, that was an option. But would that look douchey? DAMNIT. DAMNIT ALL.

Back to top Go down
Celo The Impossible
User
Celo The Impossible

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

Lexy noticed a blind kid also waiting at the door and smiled, her excitement of seeing someone new visible. "So what's your Power?". She asked, always curious about new powered people. If she could, Lexy would probably ask everyone at the party that same question. 'It would be weird, and I would get strange looks,' she thought, 'but it would be soooo fun.'
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 4:33 pm

The car ride was over almost as quickly as it started. Lexy sure didn't waste any time making her way out of the car... leaving somebody she just met in the front seat. Eh, it's not like Victor will try to steal it, no it ain't in his nature. He got straight up out of the convertible and hopped over the door. He turned his attention to not the mansion but to Lexy and this boy she was talking to. Likely asking him about his powers, he didn't really want to get involved with the conversation but they're blocking the door. He just turned around once he reached the first step and sat down. Placing his hand out straight in front of him it started glowing.
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 11:37 pm

Skyler saw the mansion of a home growing larger in her line of sight, lights illuminating a walkway to the front door. Her heart began jumping in her chest; this was it, no backing out now. She certainly hadn't gone to any efforts to hide the signatures of her power either, so there likely wouldn't be many opportunities to go completely unnoticed.

With a small sigh, she pulled into a park in front of the house. Seemed a few people had already arrived, there seemed to be some gathered by the front door as she pulled in. She turned to face her passenger in the back seat, "Well, here we are."

She unlocked the car doors, exited, and pulled open the door on Tess' side. Her ears picked up how her heels clicked on the pavement, a constant sort of warning on where she was. Hopefully Rex was okay with the lack of stealth abilities, if not it would just have to deal with it. Should've spoken up earlier if there was a problem anyways.

"Guess we're among the earlier arrivals..." she mused.
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 11:38 am

John could see his destination, and so he picked up pace. Just enough so that he was sort of jogging and walking at the same time. When he could see the people at the front of the building, he slowed back down to walking and finally he stopped moving. "Here we go...I guess. Looks like I shouldn't be too overdressed..." He said, running one last pocket check. He had the paper, his shades, a case of charged batteries, and...that was it for his pockets.

He took another few deep breaths and then resumed walking to the front door, keeping as calm as his nervous self would allow. Good, good...everything's going good...now I just need to keep it up. He thought to himself as he reached the front steps.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

Playing around with his powers for a second, Victor noticed a boy ((John)) walk up wearing a nice dress suit. He was going to avoid asking retarded questions and just talk to the person. He looks at him and says "Ey' lad. Name's Vic'ta"
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

celo wrote:
Lexy noticed a blind kid also waiting at the door and smiled, her excitement of seeing someone new visible. "So what's your Power?". She asked, always curious about new powered people. If she could, Lexy would probably ask everyone at the party that same question. 'It would be weird, and I would get strange looks,' she thought, 'but it would be soooo fun.'

Alex frowned. Well, she certainly solved that dilemma for him.

"I'm a clairvoyant...I can't see noramlly, but I can see other things. Like...people's emotions. Other stuff, sometimes." the cards seemed to throb against his chest, but he pushed it out of his mind. He could give whatever confusing-ass prophecy they wanted to tell him all his attention later, but he wanted to relax now. Get lost in the music, try and fail miserably to pick up a girl, walk home buzzed and sleep it all off. Really, he had no higher aspirations than that at the moment.

Alex didn't want to bring up his two more obscure attributes-the way he could cause pain if he stared at people with just his eyes, no sunglasses or lindfold on, or his ability to see into the future, if you could call it that. He was always overwhelmed with questions about if he could tell someone's future, or if the girl they liked like them, or something else. It grew tiresome, and people never seemed to like the answer that he hardly understood what he saw half the time. He had long since stopped trying to grasp it, and merely accepted the visions he received.

Ah! Gah! Awkward silence! He'd gotten lost in his thoughts. "So, uh, what can you do...?"

Ohhh he sounded like such an idiot right now. Abort! Damnit, the blind kid has nowhere to hide. Okay, Alex, don't let your mind wander off again, you'll look retarded and blind.
Back to top Go down
Celo The Impossible
User
Celo The Impossible

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:47 pm

Lexy smiled, excitement growing. "I have perfect aim, as long as I can see the target, I can hit it. Only thing it's good for is winning games and stuff. Not like I would use it on someone- I would hate that." This guy seemed nice. It was pretty cool how he could sense emotions- it was like he wasn't blind, or something. Man, why did everyone seem to have more awesome powers? Lexy pushed the thought aside. It was better to think of more fun things, anyway.

"My name's Lexy, by the way."
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

John faced victor quickly. "Oh, uh, hello...I'm John." He replied. His voice quivered lightly, but he continued. "You seem familiar...but I can't pin it. Oh well, nice to meet ya...Vict...or?" He said in sort of a questioning tone, the accent this guy had seemed thick...it sounded like he said his name was Victor...but he wasn't too sure.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

Victor manages to give John a 'I'm to meet you' smile. He responded to him with "Ya' I may have seen ye'self at school a few times. I don' really know ta' many peoples. N' yes, names 'Vic-tor', many mis-say me name. I don' really care anyways"
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

John smirked, though he wasn't quite sure why. He had been pondering over a question for a mere few minutes now, and decided to ask. "So...you have a power right? What is yours?"
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 3:05 pm

Victor didn't like explaining his powers too much. Because there's so much he can do that it'll be nearly impossible to explain all of the bits and pieces of his powers. So the best he can do is explain it in a sentence. He says "I can absorb N' use kinetic ena-gee." He then stretches his hand out and squints, then a long sword was formed.
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 3:17 pm

John's eyes widened, and he took a step back. "Wow...wish I could do that..." He said as he stuffed his hand into his pocket, pulling out a spare battery. I guess this was in here before...it wasn't in the package...hope it has a charge. He thought as he balled his hand into a fist around the battery. It did have a charge, but only half of what it could hold. He then slipped the battery back into his pocket. "This is what I can do." He said as he held out his hands, creating a small sphere of electricity. He twirled it around and split it into two smaller spheres, then grabbed and absorbed both of them. "To be honest it tingles a bit..."
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 7:58 pm

Victor was honestly amazed by the electrical show that the kid displayed. But, he forgot about his green construct and he pretty much just used up all 1% of the kinetic energy he had in his body. The sword evaporated, and he then looked around worried. He calmly says to John "Ya', Lad. Dat's the ting' about me power. I run outta' kinetic ena-gee fast as I can make em' "
He looks over his shoulder for a moment and then directs his attention back to John "But, ye pow-ah is pretty cool too"
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

Skyler watched the boys talking on the front steps to Wally's expansive house. She recognized John at least, but almost everyone else was new. She didn't exactly go out looking for people to talk to, so even if they were around town a lot, she probably wouldn't have seen them. The woods were her hangout.

Leaning back against her car, she closed the door behind Tess (just assumed she exited the car) and locked it with a quick press of the button on her keys. A short beep, affirmation from the car.

Well, that will likely alert the others.

"So, let's go meet up with the others, can't spend the night down here after all," she said, trying to be nonchalant, although inwardly she was freaking out.

This was a bad idea, what if there are kids with powers Rex doesn't like... what if it hurts them? It would look rude to leave now, might as well just try to get through the night unscathed.
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 2:11 pm

"Huh. Thanks." John said, looking around. He pulled out the spare battery and transferred the electricity back to it, then put it into his pocket again. "I absorb electricity from things like batteries, and then can transfer it somewhere else, or I can throw it. Then I just need more after that..." He explained.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 3:04 pm

They had approached a mansion. Tess could already spot some cars that had parked along the front, so they weren't the first ones here, thank God...she would hate to have to act as some kind of party greeter.

"Alright," Tess shrugged and agreed, getting out of the car with her walking stick and making sure that her mask was on right. She hadn't done anything different to her hair; it was still as shaggy and short as ever, and the mask further hid her identity, so she could easily pass off as a male magician. Well, the fact that she had visible breasts would probably put a damper on that assumption.

Tess wasn't a huge "people's person", and she didn't like meeting new people unless the circumstances demanded it. Even so, she had come to a party, willingly, and was required to interact with people. So as much as she disliked it, she had no choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Crack in the Sidewalk   Another Crack in the Sidewalk - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Crack in the Sidewalk
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5