WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:13 pm

Totes. MATA GET IN HEERRREEE!
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:14 pm

MAAAAAAAAAATA
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:19 pm

I recognize the whole different aliens and everything and sci fi makes it hard to do the whole spirit thing and spirit worlds and all that, but I have been thinking about that.

I imagine like, when the universe was young and the spirits existed in the physical world, I picture giant spirits, like massive whales, and long ago, they either dived into rocks that eventually became planets, and these massive spirits became Anima Mundi, world spirits, or they build the planets around themselves.

I started to enjoy thinking how spirits would play in a sci-fi setting, gives you a whole opportunity to build on their... Evolution, of sorts I think.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:24 pm

Spaces whales.

So planet spirits. That'd be fun.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:26 pm

I guess I look at the idea like, if you deal with spirits, and I dont mean ghosts but spirits like in Asian mythology, you gotta have a world spirit. But, from what I remember with the Shaman Guild, everyone is aliens so multiple worlds. Only makes sense every world has an independent world spirit. Which also means some may be good, others evil.

Dun dun dun evil planet. Because having to fight a planet makes you feel like a badass.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:29 pm

Fighting a planet would be badass as shit.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:30 pm

Yeah, not sure how you are supposed to stop that. And I would assume as shamans, you wouldn't want to just kill the entire planet either.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:42 pm

This is very true.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 5:48 pm

Now I must await for Mata. Booooo
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 11:59 pm

Waiiiiiit
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jun 2014, 2:37 pm

drops in loudly

Hella sprites, omni. They kinda remind me of doctor doom
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jun 2014, 4:09 pm

I made the sprites using the RPG Maker VX Character creator thing It's called Game Character Hub. c: It's animated in game. From left to the right.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jun 2014, 4:16 pm

Noice. Always been mah dream to own/run or be in an indie game company.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jun 2014, 4:20 pm

RPG Makers pretty fun. It's a little limited as far as detail, but if you can make your own music and assets and write some of your own code, you can make some pretty cool stuff. I consider doing my Awakened story stuff in it, but it just doesn't have the level of detail I want.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jun 2014, 6:12 pm

Those are legitimately pro-level sprites, Omni! How did you make those? Are you doing more for the game? Will you put up a demo when you can, I love games!!! :D

And Imp! Imp, I've missed you almost as much as I've missed your beard! Good to see you around :3 How's the workload? Are you running the... the place yet? (poop I forgot where you work again)

Wuzzup Ron how's it hanging. I've almost missed you a lot but I talked to you on Mumble so unless you grow a beard this is all the greeting you get. >:3

All three+more of youuuuu I'd be so down for doing a fourth SGRP on those lines! The spirits in Korra were really cool, and have you guys seen Spirited Away? It's by Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli. What if we did those kinds of gigantic animal-like spirits with that sort of setting, that they frequent these 'sacred' places that organic beings aren't supposed to go? I've also been really liking the idea of 'representative' spirits lately, like the planet spirits you suggested, and maybe there could be city spirits aaaand and spirits for different biomes like grassland spirits and forest spirits and lake spirits and city spirits (Omni knows how I went on on those!) and everything!
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jun 2014, 6:20 pm

SGRP 4 LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Also I'll be making more sprites yeah. Most of them aren't as good though. It;s pretty simple to be honest. You just pick a bunch of parts and put them together.

Would you be interested in teaming up to do a game Mata? Because I can do in game graphics, but I don't have face talky sprites or monsters and I think that'd be fun.

Also a story. THough I could do Forsaken as a story. That'd be fun.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jun 2014, 8:01 pm

Yeah, that rpg maker stuff is hella rad.

And, as for you Mata, I'll have you know I have a wonderful beard.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jun 2014, 12:01 pm

Beeeaaaarrrd.

Nah, I don't run Kohler yet. WE NEED THE GROUP BACK TOGETHER AGAIN

And yes I have seen Spirited Away, EXACTLY the kind of thing I am thinking of too. I like representative spirits as well, that whole idea is a lot more interesting.

Which also gets me on this newer anime that came out called Noragami. Has a nice approach to spirits as well, but specifically to gods and Regalia's, the weapons of the gods.

And yeah I am thinking of delving into Unity and/or the UDK engine, all that stuff is getting cheaper to use, Unity being free and UDK being fairly cheap to license now.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jun 2014, 4:55 pm

Wait do you Ron? Really?

And shoot, I'll be busy for the upcoming few months while I get ready for college and shnuff, but I'd just love to do a game collab!! :D (like seriously! that would be freaking AWESOME) I remember trying Unity for a little a while back, but I wasn't any good at it! Working a little in Flash now. What's UDK? o:
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jun 2014, 5:33 pm

define "really"

My answer is a definite maybe.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:26 pm

I demand a picture of your chin. <.<
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jun 2014, 10:05 pm

Don't you think that's asking a little much, Mata?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jun 2014, 8:47 am

Not the face, just the chin! I can send a chinpic, too, if you want to exchange. ACTUALLY: Here's an idea. When I get back to the states, let's both shave clean, then have a beard growing contest.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jun 2014, 9:58 am

I am not strong in the ways of facial hair - not that it's a problem, I prefer to stay clean shaven.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jun 2014, 1:17 pm

UDK is the Unreal Development Kit, or just plainly the Unreal engine. I cannot even name every game that runs on the Unreal engine, and it is a fairly cheap engine to license, and one of the easier engines to learn and use that can make triple A title games.

Here is a newer game that is made on the Unreal engine.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 27 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next