WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014, 6:32 am

Hey Shade!
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2014, 4:28 pm

Yo yo Shade was uuuuup.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm

Yoooooooo
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm

Holla everybody. I'm mostly over on roleplex, figured I'd check in and see how you fine gents (and ladies) were doing.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2014, 6:21 pm

We're doing alright. We also don't do a lot of RP here, so you're welcome to come and just chat.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm

Yo, I'll be gone from next Tuesday! First visiting relatives, then college. So I might not be on enough to manage TA after all :(
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm

What college Mata?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 8:09 pm

University of oooooooOOO! KLAHOMA where the wind comes CRASHING DOWN THE PLAAAINS
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 10:20 pm

We're all still alive! Those of us still here, among others.

Welp - so noted, Mata. Sounds exciting. What are you looking to study?

I'll do what I can for the RP, at least until my own interest wanes. But I don't expect that to happen particularly soon.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm

All about dat college life.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2014, 1:52 am

Study? Dunno yet. Hope to find something in the middle of biology, chemistry, computer science/programming, and foreign languages. With some art in it maybe. Wish me luck!

OMNI HOW WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2014, 4:04 am

Oh, very nice.

If you feel like chatting about technical things sometime, I'm majoring in mathematical computer science, minoring in biology, and harboring an interest in linguistics. Still working out what precisely to do with it, but yeah.

Art (in some form) is useful when you inevitably need to show an audience something. I hope your studies go well.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2014, 4:46 am

Thanks! And I appreciate the offer. I guess the best thing I could for is a field where those things overlap, or at least some kind of... project... or SOMETHING that would call on all of those. A way to apply skills and lessons learned from one area to a completely different area, creating new techniques that would, I dunno, give me a leg up over other thinkers in that field. Maybe that sounds a little competitive. Iunno. I just wanna have new ideas and stuff.

I'm sure there've gotta be areas of overlap between computer science and biology and linguistics! I mean, what with programming languages/syntax and communication between organisms and creatures being just super complex machines. Do you ever find yourself thinking along those lines...? For like projects and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2014, 8:53 pm

IT WAS GOOD. :D THANK YOU FOR ASKING MATA.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 1:05 am

Cross-disciplinary work is a completely legit way to increase your odds of working on something novel (or at least promising) that isn't ultra-specialized. Although it may complicate finding professor(s) to offer guidance.

Some of those other thinkers actually will become ultra-specialized, and very difficult to outcompete within their chosen topic. But they won't be forced to make their results accessible to anyone outside their field, which in my view, limits their audience too much.

I'm actually working (by myself) on somewhat of a research project involving communication between creatures, computer-modeled as a multi-agent system.

The qualifier 'super complex' is the big problem. Models don't make any sense unless they're simple, which means ignoring a lot of what organisms do. But which things? What assumptions do we make in their place?

On the bright side, this means there's a lot of different models to investigate. Or, there should be.

The semantics of programming languages (and the syntax supporting it) is reasonably interesting, too. Has applications in compiler optimization and formal verification.

And I'd expect that some of it is relevant to inter-agent communications. To the theory of distributed processes (and multi-threading in general), more broadly. But I think the field hasn't been worked out very... if not thoroughly, then accessibly, yet, despite that being the direction in which hardware has gone.
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 2:47 am

I feel so out of place here, while I like to theorize and philosophize, I don't have any of the more advanced knowladge you seem to have, teach me! :D
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm

The problem with advanced knowledge is that it's specialized. Simple, usually, aside from various prerequisites (necessary and otherwise). I don't know what specialty you're into!

(Admittedly, being a writer does - ideally, - entail learning something about the specialties of all of one's characters. A good way to spend a lot of time researching weird things be a more interesting person.)

That said, there's probably some interesting trivia between the Intelligent Discussion section here and the older parts of the 'Science' section of the Sporum. Neither is quite... alive, alas. But looking up the articles being discussed (as applicable) might get you to some interesting news sites, at least.

[/utter sincerity]
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm

Cheers for that, while not an academic by any sense of the word i do like knowing things. be it functional functional knowledge or trivia, you two seem likely to teach of a lot simply by proxy
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Aug 2014, 10:01 am

Yeah, when I was younger I would set my sights on learning something, and trudging through all the knowledge I could to understand everything about it. Why my science grades were always my best. I remember back taking my PSAT during my freshmen year in highschool I was scored like college level grasp and understanding of science. Everything else was average or meh. So I will definitely take that. Now I mostly work with idiots or people that simply don't like science, so I never get any interesting conversations on science or philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Aug 2014, 4:28 pm

I remember you used to always be in the Science Section of the Sporum Imp. It was like the one place to find you if you were needed. :P
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Aug 2014, 8:37 am

Even if I didn't post I was lurking, just soaking up the wealth of knowledge there. Sadly most of it was just wut iz antimatter and time travel questions. Kinda got boring after a while answering the same question five thousand times.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2014, 1:34 am

Wut is antimatterz will live on for eternity. Same with Space Ponies.
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2014, 2:14 am

I feel as though i will regret this but... space ponies?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2014, 11:18 am

Some stupid meme started by Blackbird who was the only active moderator on the whole forum. He basically ran the whole place as if he was god.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2014, 3:28 pm

Oh geez space ponies, I remember that one now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 31 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next