WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2014, 11:04 pm

Although the idea amuses me greatly, I'm not sure we could reproduce how detail tends to build over time. We'd have to start with all of the detail and then trace back to the introduction of each idea, without the whole thing collapsing in a self-contradictory pile.

Or we could open with purposeless banter, and work backwards towards each player's character concept from there, neglecting plot entirely. (That's rude of me. Sorry.) Better yet, skip that, and set about deriving a setting from disparate characters. Could be a useful exercise. Hell, I've been trying to do that for years now.

Quote :
jatazak:
Far away, a button was pressed. This awoke an aetherial tunneler, which remained so long enough - barely - to complete the causeway.

A platform made of crisscrossed carbon tubes floated in the void inside the far wall. The drone crossed over to it, and reached out to prick the sloth which strummed the threads of inevitability.

Jazz:
What does it mean, for the sky to fall?

The ground rose to meet them. The diplomat spiraled upwards until his breath could no longer sustain him. Weary, he was knocked prone by the ground.

As the temperature reached freezing and continued past, he strained to meet the stranger's eyes.

JT:
Solemn, I presented my final offer to the falcon-folk. 'Your domain for our knowledge, to be applied as we see fit."

Jazz:
"We acquiesce."

((Let's do this thing!))

Sze:
An RP where we start with the last post and have to RP backwards coherently. Posts would be read normally, but you'd just read them in reverse order.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm

Wait I'm confused is that the beginning or the end?
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2014, 11:36 am

It's the beginning of their RP, and therefore the end of ours!

Hence the ordering of the posts. Which I wrote in reverse because authenticity, and also, easier.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2014, 9:25 pm

Ooooooh! Wait, you've confused me. Or have I confused myself?

You clearly have a better grasp over these things than I do. xD Regardless, I still really love and admire your creativity. THE SLOTH THAT STRUMS THE THREADS OF INEVITABILITY
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2014, 8:31 pm

I still like the idea of a collab story. Then again writing excercises wouldn't be so bad, I need it, been too long since I have stretched mah writing muscles.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2014, 10:07 pm

Humans aren't good at computing nested functions - our call stack is just too leaky. Writing down intermediate results is the stepping-stone to proficiency (except when it amounts to proficiency), hence the example.

The praise is appreciated, though I feel I‘ve cheated here by using a mammal that's not just weird, but cute.

Collaboration, exercises, close enough. Sze, the idea being yours, would you like to start the thread? (Two weeks 'till Thanksgiving!)
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Nov 2014, 8:54 am

Oh shoot are we doin this for real? Heck yeah :D Any particular concerns about what the actual subject of the RP will be?
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014, 3:19 pm

Wait a RP of a collab story or the reverse thingy or? I am confuse.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014, 5:00 pm

The reversed-timeline RP is what I meant, but either works.

I see no harm in leaving the plot open. As far as a thematic palette goes, perhaps we could each proffer something for the group's consideration? In which case I'd go with 'gods of ambiguously divine nature'.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014, 10:57 pm

I personally am partial to a good ol time travel story, or a further thing like how Bioshock Infinite went, lil time travel and alternate universes, all that quantum mechanics jazz going on.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2014, 7:13 pm

Those both sound good to me! I'll offer "superpowers in social context."
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2015, 12:31 am

It's been so long since I came on, and I always feel like I just missed the death of this forum.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2015, 1:17 am

Implying it's dead.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2015, 3:05 am

Oh, 'tis the living death. Can be woken with a heart-felt kiss.

I mean, it dies again after a month, but usually sufficient optimism to make the kiss heart-felt again comes back over break.

I wish we had more IC players.

It does turn out there's a 'watch' button for, as an example, the entire OOC forum, so I guess I'm doing that now.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2015, 1:02 pm

THat's what I always do. :P That's why I'm always back. Because whenever someone posts I get an email.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2015, 10:53 pm

I see. I just watch at random intervals to see if something happened.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2015, 11:15 pm

Oooh I should do that :D

And I'll make more posts for the TA prologue once I get the juice for it! x3
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 1:35 am

Hella!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 12:55 pm

Yo guys. You up for doing shit?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm

I'M UP FOR DOING STUFF! Are YOU up for doing stuff?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 5:23 pm

I'M UP FOR DOING STUFF
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 5:55 pm

I'm trying to strong-arm some nerds into doing stuff. Eo and Ji, Shade, and guess who? Legs. There are a couple of ideas though.

I've hit up Legs and Eo & Ji about the possibility of another Illidia. I also pitched to Legs about something Fire Emblem. I brought up a Star Wars idea with Shade, who has fond memories of a RP we were both in.

Anything in particular y'all are interested in?
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 8:43 pm

Holy shit this is still here.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 9:21 pm

Illidia... Was that the one with the demon portal? Noo, no that was Yami Aku... Which one was Illidia again? o:
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 9:28 pm

Illidia was a product of Chaos/Midas.

Funny you should mention Yami. I was working on it a little more, adapting it into a 13th age game. Spent a little more time world building. If I finish adapting it, I can take the final product and remove all the mechanics out from the file and use it as a conventional roleplay. Maybe with just enough mechanics to help regulate our characters?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 36 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next