WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 9:55 am

Tangent axis was just a universe Mata designed around the concept of. "What if gravity was kind of backwards, so instead of having a vast space with planets, you had a vast ground with lots of little pockets. And the sun was just a large swarm of firefly type bugs that moved apart and closer together to form stars and then the sun during the day.

I guess kind of like a Halo ring from the Halo series, but a full sphere as opposed to just a ring.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 10:36 am

Well I like the idea, it leaves things open to build on, world build and such.
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 10:58 pm

This sounds like a ton of fun. Lots of diggy diggy holes yes?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 11:22 pm

Sure! There was a plotline from the old one about something living deep, deep, deep underground, but it never got speed :P That can come into play here, especially if spirits are rising out of the woodworks!

Okay real quick before I continue and post this thing, we're all going to make new Shaman characters right? Rell, Elona, they've all passed away and it's a new generation and such?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2014, 2:42 am

Rell's great great great great alternate universe grandchild
Also named Rell. :P

But yeah I can do something new.

Rell would be so legit in this universe though, the whole living underground thing.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2014, 2:57 am

Aiiiiight! Got all the intros written up, now just gotta edit the rest of the seeds and put in some new locations. Then maybe draw a picture like I did for the last one.
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2014, 3:48 am

Look forward to it! fingers crossed i don't get up all killed ha ha
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2014, 11:56 am

Excitement.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Jul 2014, 5:24 pm

Okay heeeeere's a preview of the new seeds to tide y'all over, just finished with them:

Sial
One of the youngest seeds, Sials strongly resemble Earthborn in appearance but are distinguished most strongly by a prolonged lifespan, an alternation of generations that affects the individual’s anatomy, and a remarkable transformation of skin pigment during spring and lasting throughout summer (the process known as dawning). The primary generation, or palerrine, stands with a common human build while the secondary generation, or passerine, is generally taller, leaner, and weaker (note: usage of “primary” and “secondary” terminology is an outdated method that may get the unwary traveler some angry looks among passerine civil rights activists! Tread carefully around the subject if you plan to visit Capercaillie-on-the-Hill). Palerrine sial appear a pale to dark grey in the colder seasons but wax a vivid blue during dawning. Pale palerrine adopt a cyan tint while darker pigmentation often leads to a deeper indigo hue. During dawning, the skin of a passerine undergoes a vibrant and sometimes physically unpleasant transformation, becoming marbled with an unrestricted host of varied colors. Fortunately these hues are seldom apparent except on close inspection; the eclipsed skin of a passerine is a pale pink or grey, and its dawning colors are often very light. A vibrant, neon-patchwork passerine is, however, not an uncommon sight (it’s considered very rude to stare. Again, tread carefully). Fashion trends move with a sial's dawning, which begins at a different time each year for every individual, but commonly near the start of spring. The sight of large numbers of dawning palerrine dressed entirely in extravagant clothing, shaded blue to match their differing skin hues, makes large Sial cities popular tourist attractions during the warm seasons. Passerine dress, however, attempts to completely cover their blotched skin patterns during dawning; Sial society and culture is built upon palerrine supremacy, and those of the second generation commonly experience reduced wages, small-scale discrimination, and occupy few if any positions of power in either local or central government. Possibly as a result of this, every newborn child is customarily sent to be raised by their grandparents – to prevent mixing of generational classes in the household – until old enough to take care of themselves. Sial skills may include sewing and weaving, calligraphy, debate, negotiation, fishing and hunting, tea-brewing, ceramics, painting, teaching, architecture, music, and gardening.
MODERN AGE NOTE: Though it is culturally required for each generation to treat the other with complete decency and respect, a history of abuse and violence has led to multiple civil rights groups growing in popularity amongst both generational classes, particularly in the Sial capital, Capercaillie-on-the-Hill.

Automaton
Though the Automaton are technically not a seed it’s convenient to classify them as one. Most are of Earthborn or Nitre build, though other nations have begun to dabble in the art of robot-making as well. Most Automatons exist in bound labor (read: slavery) or as outlaws in the wilderness, but some have managed to distinguish themselves to the extent of earning their freedom. Automatons can be as small as your arm or as large as your house, humanoid or animalistic, armored in anything from wrought iron to gleaming gold plate to nothing but their bare wiring. Automatons are almost universally skilled at mathematics, making snap decisions, and learning new skills, but their specialties depend on what they were built for – heavy lifting, perhaps, or accuracy with a rifle.
MODERN AGE NOTE: On account of the rise of the Iron Wind, there is a strong prejudice against Automatons, particularly from Earthborn citizens. Free Automatons are be advised to keep their papers close and avoid being caught alone in the wrong neighborhoods.

Hush
After the Iron Wind popped up, the Drive decided that robots were not the reliable slaves it needed to take the hard and dangerous laborjobs  in its empire. After decades of experimentation with science and amateur magic in its “dungeon temples,” the Drive created the first Hush from a stray tomcat. The controversial, but well-kept, secret of the process has since been improved, but work has slowed since it was first tried on an Earthborn, with disastrous results. It calls for a fresh corpse – too alive and the Hush agents are overpowered with the body’s natural processes, too dead and the decayed mind suffers severe damage while reanimating. Though Hush most commonly take the form of a warped version of their host body, they are capable of swelling to grotesque proportions and feeding their excess flesh into various limb-like constructs. The Drive quickly made the decision to go back to using robots for their manual labor, using the Hush as military units instead. Regardless of host, the Hush are uncommonly intelligent and their skills involve stealth, disguise, quick movement, assassination, hand-to-hand combat, philosophy (I mean, technically you’re dead, that’s pretty messed up right?) and doing whatever its host could do in their previous life.
MODERN AGE NOTE: Known hush include the mouthless cat, Leycivet, and the legless crow, Dawson. Both are black with bright violet eyes. The first two Hush ever created, they quickly used their not-yet-fully-understood abilities to escape into the wild and have become popular pop culture symbols ever since, the subjects of horror stories and fairy tales alike. The only known Earthborn-hosted Hush, Mikahai Ernz, awoke a disastrous failure. Naming himself "Skinny,” he currently holds the small wilderness town of Hatch in his perverse grip; even the Drive won’t go there anymore.

Torquat
The abstract, statue-like stones that have been popping up all over the Axis as of late are technically alive, but almost entirely useless. Some consider them restless spirits waiting to hatch. Others think them the prank of a group of kids with nothing better to do than carve statues and set them up in odd places, from the tops of isolated hills to right outside your bedroom window. Though never seen to move, a Torquat seen today might bear a little too strong of a resemblance to one you left ten kilometers behind you yesterday. Some have glowing eyes and most are marked with odd face-like patterns of circles and lines. Torquat skills include sitting around and not doing crap.
MODERN AGE NOTE: They're too new on the block to have anything else to say.

I might add one or two more before finalizing the OP (cause a bunch of the old seeds are now extinct)! Right noooooow I just gotta make a new map/list of locations and a new list of notable people.
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Jul 2014, 10:41 pm

Nuts to being a shaman i wanna be a voyour statue !
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2014, 1:43 am

I always love reading your stuff Mata. It always feels so inspired.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2014, 1:46 am

Awww you guuuuuys
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2014, 1:48 am

It inspures me.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2014, 3:13 am

I'm glad I inspurrr purple
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014, 1:24 am

Okay it's finished but too long so I'll split it up and stuff. QUICK Q: Omni, you gonna play as Arcem? If so, I mention him being a legend in one of the intros, cause this is a bit in the future and no one's supposedly ever seen him, but you're still able to play as him if you want. owo Just he was in hiding or being his usual sneaky self all those years. Sneaky in spite of being a giant walking turtle fortress!
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014, 8:05 pm

Yes. this is a good day. bring on the giant stealthy turtle!
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014, 11:51 pm

Aaaand it's up!

I want to make drawings for this one like I did for the old RP, but that'll take a bit xP
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2014, 12:22 am

I'll do my part then, draw my char and such
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2014, 12:50 am

Oh, I just meant for like a banner at the top, but you're very welcome to draw your character! :D
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2014, 11:29 pm

I will do Arcem yes. :D But I'll probs make a second character too.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2014, 4:06 pm

Cool! I forgot to mention that, yeah, you can have as many characters as you like.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2014, 1:40 pm

Helllllaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014, 12:52 am

Hey errybody
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014, 1:02 am

G'd evening, Shade.

The one time I make a timely response, I can't think of something useful to say... not that this is coincidental.
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014, 3:26 am

Sup shade, pleased to meet you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 30 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 42  Next