WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized

Go down 
+12
some dumb bird
Deoxyspine
Ømnivalence
Rachel
marsh
Alex
€rim
ron
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Szemetlada
YinYangBell
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Do you want to be in this RP?
Yes
Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_vote_lcap59%Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Maybe
Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_vote_lcap12%Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
I DUN WANT TO BE IN BUT I LIEK BUTTANZ
Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_vote_lcap29%Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 5:22 pm

You understand my situation Rix. I said we'll see.
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 6:58 pm

Alright then, Omni's EB.

I now have a pretty good idea for HB being the big bad.

I like the CD idea, but the thing with CD is that most of the time he's very nonviolent,

Obviously there are exceptions, but the idea I have involves DD and Noir being taken out, and the Black Queen being killed, leading the Black King to appoint an acting leader on Derse.

HB seems a likelier candidate than CD, just by logic.

I won't go into too much detail with what happens with DD and Noir, but basically Noir makes a plan to kill the BQ, DD warns the BK, expecting the BQ and Noir to be taken out. Noir realizes DD snitched, and kills him and the BQ. The BK then locks up Noir, and appoints HB to run things on Derse.

That's basically what I thought of. Any comments/other ideas?
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 7:16 pm

Sounds good, but BQ may have to be removed in a different way. Jack was only able to kill the BQ in the B1 Session because of the massive living time shenanigan that was the Bunny, which could only kill the queen and her Prototyping Ring due to being armed with four of the Infinity Plus One weapons of the Kids' Strife specibi.

Due to the WQ's Chessmaster nature, and the idea that CD gets deployed over to Prospit to snoop around (even at his most noticeable, no one seems to report a giant-hatted Dersite Agent walking around), I suppose the former could easily use CD to her advantage to accident BQ. CD is always at his most destructive when he does it completely by accident.
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 8:20 pm

Okay so who are these HB and CD people I assume they are carapaces but I'm not sure.

And hey is it okay if I decide to self-prototype.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 8:29 pm

HB is Hearts Boxcars and Hegemonic Brute, and CD is Clubs Deuce and Courtyard Droll, both of course being the 'lesser two' of the Midnight Crew/Derse Agents. CD is however a massive Ensemble Darkhorse, as anyone can attest. HB is the least focused on of the four, so his being the villain is sort of a Day In The Limelight for him.

Self-Prototype?
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 8:38 pm

As in stick yourself in the sprite?

Second prototyping, I'd hope.

Can you explain why?
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 9:57 pm

So, question concerning my Guardian: do you suppose I may have a DEAD guardian, much in the style of Dirk/Roxy?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 11:06 pm

I don't see why not, but I think you'd still need to say who they were and how they died and what not.
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 11:37 pm

Oh derp those two yeah. I just didn't think we'd be using canon characters in this but okay.

And as for self-prototyping. I was thinking about a legitimate reason why earlier and couldn't think of anything other than calling shenanigans and making it an accidental thing until I can figure out a nice way to tie Kailsprite into the plot line. Which would probably make that a safe 'no' until I can achieve a good reason for it so you may as well disregard this thought for now.

Unless anyone has any ideas for me which I also doubt but that'd be awesome.
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 12:13 am

Okay double post sorry, but RJ helped me out here and helped me with a plan for Kailsprite.

I prototype a toy dinosaur, creating velociraptorsprite or jut raptorsprite, which then attacks the imps around me thinking they are food because dinosaur which allows me to go do other stuff to enter the Medium. After entrance to the Medium, my sprite wanders looking for food or something. It stumbles upon my dreamself after potentially scaring away a few carapaces, and attacks the sleeping me. Instead of harming me it prototypes my dreamself instead, allowing my waking self to be normal but my dreamself to go around as a sprite. Which also allows me to ascend and have raptor-like features assuming I achieve God Tier status.

If you let me do this I will be a very, very happy panda.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 12:43 am

Heheh. You'll be a regular Jade.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 7:15 am

Hmm, sounds legit. The only problem I can see is that sprites are given a great deal of knowledge concerning the nature of SBURB, so I must wonder if that would be game-breaking. I dunno, Davesprite seemed to handle it well, and Jadesprite's knowledge was buried under her depression.

Alright, never mind the DEAD guardian thing, I have a new idea. As for my Denizen, I'll probably go for Poe's second most notable abomination, The Masque Of The Red Death. I was originally just going to go with Behemoth (moo) and be done with it, but I thought about the design I had in mind for my God-Tier, along with my aspect of Blood, and realized that the former fits really well as some kind of 'Dark Counterpart'.

EDIT: Also, every time I try to copy the Template to Paint, the background becomes entirely black. Confused.

DOUBLE EDIT: Crap, I had a 'unique' idea for my GT outfit, and I don't think the photo manipulation would let me act on it. So... any artists here who are not busy and looking for something to art up at the moment?
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 10:39 am

I could try in 8ish hours.
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 12:06 pm

Well per a conversation last night with David we agreed I think that he would have CD or somebody on Prospit kill my dreamself.

And perhaps Kailsprite could have the instincts of the raptor I would prototype her with, therefore attacking me on the rare occasion I would actually come in contact with her, forcing me to fight her before I could talk to her or get any information out of her.
Back to top Go down
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

Oh dang. Kailsprite is a raptor AND Kailee? I'm scared
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 4:03 pm

As for my GT design in question, I was imagining a plain (if color-coded) set of shirt and pants with the Blood symbol. Of course, this would be primarily covered by a cloak in the style of Journey. I would imagine that the colors would be slightly altered, of course, with the reds becoming a sort of maroon/brownish, and the yellow decals becoming red. Also, I suppose just to make it easier we can keep the face framed in shadow, with the eyes being represented by glowing blue orbs.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 5:44 pm

Quote :

Name: William (Rick) Kzeeoh

Chumhandle: airedOriginator

Description/Picture: (Seeing that I can’t save pictures in Paint, I’ll just give a description, with many of those having directions to the making of the sprite, should anybody feel bored and want to do it). By the look of your PHYSICAL FEATURES, starting with your face, your HAIR seems to be a notable aspect concerning your appearance. Despite its LENGTH AND CURLINESS, you still manage to keep a good bit of it behind you ears so as to get a clearer view (this would probably be represented by a moderately modified version of Gamzee’s hair, with a bit more emphasis on the back of the head instead of the top).

Another set of notable PHYSICAL FEATURES are your EYES… goddamn, those EYES. It should be noted that your EYES are LUDICROUSLY STRIKING in quite a few ways. To some they can cause a feeling of GREAT ATTRACTION. However, to many others, your eyes seem to create a NEGATIVE EFFECT, similar to things that lurk within the visual UNCANNY VALLEY. In fact, it’s probably the exact same feeling. Heck, sometimes it’s both; there have been plenty of cases where people comment on the STUNNING QUALITY of your eyes whilst simultaneously BACKING AWAY IN FEAR… admittedly, sometimes you even creep YOURSELF out… (the eyes will most likely be represented by Calliope’s eyes, sans eyelashes, and with the green replaced by blue).

Other than that, you’re relatively straight-mouthed (so just a straight line being used for the mouth), and generally VERY TALL (won’t be seen on the sprite, seeing that all sprites are the same height). In terms of clothing, your GENERAL LOCATION is typically REALLY COLD, so you tend to wear a lot of warm stuff, usually consisting of a beige-tan sweater and corduroys (pretty simple use of color manipulation on the shirt under the jacket and pants, with the sweater being beige-tan, and the corduroys being brown).

Probably the most NOTABLE article of clothing you always seem to wear is your LEATHER COAT. While it typically just appears as a normal coat to most who see it, just being a simple brown leather coat that seems to get you connected to INDIANA JONES more often than not, it’s special to you through SENTIMENTAL REASONS. It seems as though you’ve had it FOREVER. You originally obtained it when it was absolutely humongous on you, but you’ve seemed to have grown perfectly into it. (the typical body for my sprite, when considering the coat, will probably be one of the coated bases used by John and Vriska. Feel free to take your pick.)

Intro/Background: Your name is WILLIAM KZEEOH, though many of your FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTANCES call you RICK, although KZEEOH is a crazy enough last name that some people just refer to you as that. Your INTERESTS AND BACKGROUND seems somewhat time-consuming., so you suppose you’ll get on with that.

In terms of your BACKGROUND, you suppose you were raised by your brilliant, wealthy, and dead GRANDFATHER, and his clever if eerie use of VIDEO TAPES, along with your dog MOBY. Thoughts about who your actual parents are have crossed your mind, but you have eventually given up on that, seeing that it is almost like you’re NOT OF THIS WORLD in terms of data concerning you and your family.

In terms of your INTERESTS, you have a fondness for STORIES in most any medium, be it BOOK, MOVIE, VIDEOGAME, ETC. The INNOVATIONS OF STORIES have never ceased to amaze you, from Romanticist tales of GRAND FANTASY AND LORE, to Enlightened stories of VAST FUTURES AND SPECULATIONS. Although sometimes you choose to forego this just to read/watch/play a good book/movie/game; it depends on the mood

You notice that your interests grow ever so throughout the course of history. You have recently taken an intrigue in PHILOSOPHY, introspecting your own personality and its flaws, and one of the many continually asked questions: was Nietzsche a BRILLIANT MAN with a wealth of GENIUS, INNOVATIVE IDEAS that could potentially RESHAPE AND IMPROVE SOCIETY, or was he A MADMAN WITH A PEN looking for LOTS OF ATTENTION and happening to be in the RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME?

Besides all that, you also have a fondness for quite a few of the SCIENCES, be it ASTRONOMY, bits of GEOLOGY, a bit of PHYSICS (the recent announcement of the Higgs boson certainly raised your attention), and numerous other things. Astronomy in particular, at least for EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFEFORMS; the works of Lovecraft have certainly inspired you on that point.

Your Chumhandle is airedOriginator, and You attempt to speak in perfect grammar and punctuation. ^However, seeing that for a lot of your life you were raised physically by Moby, you had a tendency to pick up on her quirks, which you try to kick to avoid sounding bizarre. ^Woof^. Drat.

Role: Rogue of Blood

Land: Land of Cannons and Symbolism. A mostly forested land (with occasional barren miles, due to bombs), notable for having several TOWERING CANNONS looming ominously everywhere (well, some more ominous than others, seeing that several of them are still in use). Several aspects of RELIGIOUS SYMBOLISM also litter the place, ranging from coincidental Cross imagery being everywhere, to most of the trees being APPLE TREES, to the coming of a legendary figure…

Denizen: The Masque of The Red Death

Consorts: Bats. They seem pretty advanced for most consorts, having a variety of cultures and arts and a few technological advances. However, a lot of it has stagnated and is pretty futile ever since they’ve mostly gone to war against each other over deciding what ingredient goes best with APPLE JUICE (or CIDER, in some areas). Despite the several differences between the several cultures, all of them seem to revere the prophecy of the arrival of some legendary figure going by many names, usually called THE ROGUE and THE UBERMENSCH. You have a sinking feeling that that is YOU.

Dream Planet: Prospit. Yes, Derse, due to its cynical nature, probably brings out more characterization, but 1) there are less people on Prospit and we’re trying to keep it even, 2) Future reading with the Skaian clouds can be nice, and 3) you’d rather not deal with the thought of agents slitting your throat while you’re unconscious.

Guardian: You were raised posthumously by your GRANDFATHER, with the help of your (recently late) loyal pet Dog, MOBY, who carried out your GRANDFATHER’s mysterious instructions. Besides Moby, your GRANDFATHER also interacted with you via VIDEO TAPES. You assumed they were some kind of clever use of communication like Skype, but after noticing several particulars concerning the tapes you begin to suspect THAT MIGHT NOT EXACTLY BE THE CASE. You might also make a case for your NEIGHBOR, but you’d rather not; she seems to be a tad on the sleazy side.

Specibus: Pen&Rapierkind (a Dual Weapon, in the style of Problem Sleuth). Your starting weapon is the PEN YOU JUST FOUND IN YOUR POCKET, which so happens to be your TRAINING RAPIER.

Modus: Your GRANDFATHER was RELATIVELY WEALTHY, and due to plenty of messages and other factors, you are lead to believe that he has hidden stashes of Moduses all throughout your HOUSE. However, you so far have only found two, both of which suck.

The first being your 12-DIMENSIONAL RUBICK’S CUBE MODUS, which requires you to solve a Rubick’s Cube whose dimensions span 12 separate dimensions if you want to actually use anything in it. In fact, to actually PUT anything in it, you have to line up one of the colors, which you can only do by blind luck at spinning it. You find it impossible for anyone without GODLY SEEING ABILITIES. Fittingly, the ‘Cube’ in question is shaped as though to resemble a RUDE HAND GESTURE.

The second SUCKY MODUS would be your DISGUSTED FOOD CRITIC MODUS, which is slightly more useful. Emphasis on slightly. Inserting most any object within it would cause said item to be ripped apart, flung across the room, and drenched in a FOUL ODOR along with a CURIOUS OOZE. However, you can only insert things which would usually fit into a reasonably sized human mouth.

The only Modus you find yourself caring to use is your POCKET MODUS, which isn’t really a Modus at all; it’s literally just storing things in your pockets. Even then, it has its faults: you can only store small items within it, which if sharp have a tendency to STAB YOUR THIGH, and when sitting down have a tendency to FALL OUT. Nonetheless, you find it the most practical of the few you own.

Other: The Tiger, I am a gotten.

Not complete yet, I still need the link to Yin's (excellent) God-Tier pic for Rick.

Last edited by Bombasticio on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:12 pm

*Cough* Rouge of Blood? *Cough*
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:19 pm

Whoops. Edited.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012, 6:46 am

Alright, so besides the ending (which Yin can decide whether or not to tell us about), it seems all that's left is who is who's Server Player. So far we have Omni-Mata-Rix... Anyone want to add to this?
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012, 7:23 pm

Hmm... Seems nigh dead. We could wait for the weekend, but I'm starting to wonder if perhaps we have enough planning that we can afford to make up a bit as we go along.

OH CRAP WHAT DOES THE BATTLEFIELD LOOK LIKE DURING A 12/14-PLAYER SESSION?
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

RIX YOU KILLED IT
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012, 7:32 pm

Did I make Rick too Sueish? I wanted him to be interesting, but I couldn't perfectly fit all his faults into one sheet (they'll be much more pronounced in the RP).

Hmm... I suppose that the Battlefield would end up as some kind of Galaxy upon the 12/14 prototypings. Like, not ginormous like an actual galaxy, but something reminiscent of Super Mario Galaxy, with several floating platforms and wonky gravity stuff.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012, 7:48 pm

Wait I don't get what you guys mean about the battlefield getting messed up. Or am I just forgetting Homestuck.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012, 7:55 pm

Upon the prototypings, the Battlefield gets an 'upgrade' of sorts. For the 4 Kids, it started as a flying chessboard and end as a giant planet with tentacles around it. And I don't think we saw what the Trolls' Battlefield looked like, leaving it to imagination. So, I speculate that it'd have to be huge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized   Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selfstuck : Taking a surgical knife to the dead horse of Havenseized
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next