WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Deceptive Ambition

Go down 
+11
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Shade
Surprise
Rachel
Zorthax
Deoxyspine
brendan
Admiral Ji
andavocados
Patches
Snowy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 9:28 pm

-I dun wanna be a straggler no mo.

Lolz, Togepi, the Status beast. Until it gets to a high level, or Evolves to Togetic, then Togekiss, it's attack move are Metronome or Magical Leaf if we are going by the games.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

But seriously, which starter should I pick? I need to decide that first, because it's going to define the character.

There's the clueless loser with a magikarp, who will be entirely useless until level 20.
There's the competent person with a nidoran, who will actually be useful (but be desperate for a moon stone).
And then there's the somewhat suave kid with a dratini, who will be slightly subpar until he gets his dragonite/overleveled dragonair.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

How about this: You plead with Patches that he allow you a higher-level feebas? That way you are still useless for some time, but once you evolve, milotic kicks gyarados' ass all over Hoenn, so thats cool. Plus Milotic still looks like a oversized female dratini, so you get that reference too. And its purple like Nidran.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 10:54 pm

Eh... I don't really have an attachment to milotic, though, since I haven't played any of the games it's in. Good idea for someone who's invested a bit more time into the games.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 10:59 pm

Pah, milotic is terrible! Get a croagunk, or if it must be water type Lotad is sick.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 11:14 pm

No. If it must be a water starter, enter Squirtle. Blastoise is the most badass starter final ever. Huge cannons on its back!!!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 11:17 pm

I have my reasons for choosing the three that I did. I'm just not sure between the three.

Although cannons are cool. I once played an Exalted character that could pretty much shapeshift into a blastoise. He killed pretty much everything ever.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 11:22 pm

Well, between those three, they were magikarp, nidoran, and dratini? Hmm.... I would have to say go with Dratini. Not only does it learn status moves at early levels, but it becomes ridiculously overpowered. Kind of like Deoxys gible will be as a garchomp. There is a reason garchomp was banned from competitive play, you know.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 11:42 pm

Dratini it is, then.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 12:36 am

This is awesome. I have chosen not only my pokemon, but those of two other players as well. Lets try something else:

You are getting veerrrryy sleeepppyyyy......
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 1:07 am

Yes actually, but because it's 1 AM. That doesn't count. ;)
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 1:27 am

You are staaaatttinninggg the ooobbbvviooouusss........
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 1:33 am

Ooh, good one.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 6:32 am

Geeze, how do you do it?
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 7:15 am

Magic. Duh.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 7:35 am

I have a hard time staying up past eight these days.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 7:57 am

I stay up to 11-12ish. I would stay up later, but school.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

Shade is acc-cc-ccepted.

Alright, as for the egg moves. You start off with your normal, typical moves, like Growl and et cetera, and ONE egg move. I'll leave it up to your good judgement and common sense to choose which.

Also, by the way... Self-destruct, Explosion, Perish Song, Memento and shit like that kills.

Like, actually kills you.

So yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

Recover sounds like it'd be helpful... I'll go with that.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 2:49 pm

Quick Attack, Leer, and Wing Attack. That's what Archen starts with, and that isn't including any breeding moves.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 3:02 pm

I'm thinking I'll go pound, tail whip, and... hmm... I'm tempted to go dragon breath to annoy patches...
Back to top Go down
Deoxyspine
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 3:36 pm

Patches, are the other pokemon we encounter in the same locations as they were in the games?
I'm wondering when, if at all, I could procure a Growlithe.

And on the subject of moves, will there be a move tutor at any point in this?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

Pokemon will be located where it would make sense + default placements given to us by the game. Unlike usual, Pokemon like Pinsir, Heracross, and bug Pokemon like that will be located in Viridian forest, although rare and strong enough to probably own you if you don't have a type advantage.

Zorthy, babe, annoying me is not a good idea. <3
But yeah, I don't care about that too much. You and your Treeko however is gonna have to train for a long time to learn how to use Dragonbreath, just to get it at a trustworthy enough stage. Learning how to use it to it's full potential...

This goes for Ji as well and his Recover, except it isn't a dangerous. Swablu on the other hand... Peck, and Growl.
Dragon Rush, maybe. But I doubt my naive little 11 year old character is going to realize it has the potential to use it for quite a while, and learn it only once it because an Altaria. Even then, they'll have to work at it.

Oh, my poor, poor character.

Yeah, I may throw a move tutor in there once in a while. Not sure which moves are able to be tutored to, however.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 4:04 pm

Patches, I believe you meant 'Jour, baby'

And my adorable ball of cuddles will start with tackle, metronome, and odor sleuth.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

I am unfamiliar with any moves that Sableye would have. Only ones I can think of are Psychic and Shadow Ball.

Also, will we be able to attain more Pokemon later? I was thinking that a really dark, warped Roselia would fit the tone of the RP a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deceptive Ambition
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next