WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Deceptive Ambition

Go down 
+11
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Shade
Surprise
Rachel
Zorthax
Deoxyspine
brendan
Admiral Ji
andavocados
Patches
Snowy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 3:56 pm

I mean, I could accept a Dragon Rushing Swablu, but I doubt it would have very much control of it.

Deoxy, choose which ever one you want. Go for your favorite or something.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Deoxyspine
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

All right then~
I'm off to decide.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:03 pm

if your thinking of ways it could go wrong, heres one- Treecko can get Crush Claw, Dragon Breath, Magical Leaf, Razor Wind, and Crunch. all very powerful for low level pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:05 pm

Oh my goodness. I could deal with Magical Leaf but the rest just seems so unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

dragon breath makes sense. Sceptiles evolutionary line actually has the egg type Dragon. that they arenèt dragon TYPE is for balance purposes- can you imagine the damage a grass dragon would deal. sure, ice types=6 times effective, but ice is relatively rare. and really, we dont need a dragon type starter.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

True that. I'm just trying to imagine a Treeko using Dragonbreath...
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:34 pm

Imagine a new born Archen using Ancient Power.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:47 pm

I doubt newborns will be doing much of anything. So unlike last time, time skips~!
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:48 pm

Deoxy, the choice is obvious. You go for the most beastly of all those choices, Garchomp.

When I played my red, I had that game down so well I had to deliberatly make really bad choices just to keep it interesting. Like not beating any gyms but brock until I had to fight the elite four, or only using pikachu for the whole game, or never getting fly or bike. Damn that game got repetitive after a while, so much so that I could go from 'Welcome to the world of pokemon!" all the way to 'The End' in just under 4 hours.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:50 pm

Got a good point there Patches. The worst Archen could do is bite you.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:53 pm

My Muchlax has all kinds of options. He can bite, scratch, kick, claw, punch, pound. And if push comes to shove, he can always just sit on you. *begins using gushy, sentimental voice* I love my big hunk of unbiased love! Yes I do! Oh, your such a cutie-patootie, yes you are!
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:10 pm

Anorith doesn't really get many interesting starter moves if you egg breed it.

There's Cross Poison, Curse (interesting really), Iron Defense, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Sand-Attack, Screech and Water Pulse.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:18 pm

Sadly... I cannot Multi-task... So I failed at the time constraint I set upon myself. x13

Name: Leon Anders
Sex: Male.
Appearance: He has thick rimmed, black Glasses, behind them are his blue eyes. His hair is short, curly, black, and pulled out to look like a Jew Fro. Mainly wears a hat though, a white hat, to be more specific a white beret(White Ops!). He looks from Orange Island decent, (Pacific Islander), and has a medium build. He wears a White sports jacket, basic version, and beneath that a white, torn, long sleeve T-shirt with a black tee underneath. The shirt is custom made, and he is very proud of that. His Cargo pants are grey, extra pockets for them things he gonna find. His backpack is black with white, glowing stripes around in the league symbol.

He wears a Poketch, white colored. His RUNNING SHOES are white. (Starting to get his color?) He has very little else that is notable, a few scars, other marks that differentiate him, but none that stand out.
Personality: Talkative, Extroverted and not exactly planted in reality. He thinks he is Destined to catch a legendary pokemon, specifically Arceus. He is slightly egotistical, often doing irrational things, and says things without thinking them through. He is also obstinent and persistent. Bring these things together and you can probably guess he is Rash, slightly delusional, and will say things without meaning them, often making lame jokes.
Pokemon: Togepi! No, don't fall off of that cliff!
Poke'dex: White with blue and red lines creating random patterns.
History: Oh the Orange Islands, legendary for their mysterious islands. Leon was born there, and has lived there all of his short life. He hated it, and loved it. His mother and father ran the local Pokemon Daycare, so he has seen his fair share of pokemon and their eggs, however mysteriously they appear. Once when he was around 7 he and his uncle traveled to Sinnoh, and became acquianted with their lore and legends, which seemed much cooler than the ones he grew up with about the Legendary birds. Especially the one about Arceus. "I will catch that one, uncle. I will." His uncle ignored him and continued his conversation with the archeologist. Thus he became obsessed, Arceus this, Arceus that. And because Arcus was a Normal type, he also became obsessed with them, no other could compare to the simple power of Normal. He came back to the Orange islands with a dream. He must catch all of the normal pokemon, and use them to find Arceus.

And so he confronted his mother. "When you are older." Of course is what she said. SO he waited, and kept asking, until the year when she said "Yes". And he left.
Other: "You put the lime in the coconut and drink'em both up."~
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:29 pm

Acceeepted.

I was gonna go for white myself, mostly because I have an albino kid I'm been angsting to reuse for a while.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:40 pm

Still haven't decided on a colour. Do I need one?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:42 pm

Naw, he was just being silly.

If you're talking about the Pokedex, it can be unpainted and be a steel-grey. <:|

Last edited by Patches on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:45 pm

I've got a pokedex colour (you accepted it remember? *hint hint*)
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:47 pm

Then what's your problem?
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:50 pm

I was talking about motiff colours which several of you were going on about yesterday although it appears I no longer have a problem
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:51 pm

Oh, we were just bein' silly people.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 6:20 pm

You can not be what you already were! Wait...
Back to top Go down
Deoxyspine
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

All right, I guess I'll go for Gible~

But I have to go again, so bye.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:27 pm

So... what are we going to do about moves? Are they going to be set and stable like in the Games or customizable and trained for effects like in the Anime?
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

At a guess I would say that our valiant leader will tell us what we can have, and we get to choose from there. Personally I would choose Tackle and Metronome as his starting two, as he can get those at level 1 in any game just from being caught. Now with breeding I could make his moveset include Double-Edge, Fissure, Zen Hedbutt and Curse, but people might consider that a bit overpowered, so the first two it is! Mother may I?
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

Shade wrote:
Had to google its name. I thought I posted this earlier, but I must not have: normally I don't do Pokemon RP's, but I figured I 'd step out of my comfort zone for once and try something new. Keep in mind I haven't played these games in years, so my ignorance is likely going to be a massive black void sucking the life out of this RP. So really, no difference.

Name: Mason

Sex: Male

Appearance:

Mason has a runner's build, standing at around 5'6 with lean muscle, the faintest of stubble sprouted across his cheeks and chin, a faint mustache arching over his cracked and chapped lips. His eyes are an eerie green, peering out from behind dark brown hair. His hair is shaggy and messy, coming down to right over his eyes, halfway down his neck at the back. He's fairly tan, and his clothes are in varying states of worn-ness. His shoes seem to have the soles simply walked right through, his pants legs look as if they are going to crumble away if they are moved around any more; his jacket's pockets saggy and stretched from hands resting in them for very long, long amounts of time.

Mason is almost always standing, which he does with a very slight hunch. He has some acne on his face, but nothing too bad, and his eyes are rather bloodshot. Not very noticeable, behind the hair. Typically he wears a yellow sweatshirt, perhaps for visibility, and blue jeans, littered with holes and gaps from where's fallen or perhaps run through the brush. His shoes, worn old running shoes, are held together by duct tape, hope, and more duct tape, him often having to remove a layer to take them off. He ALWAYS wears a belt, and usually some form of gloves, fingerless or otherwise.

Personality:

Mason just...isn't good with people. His conversations end awkwardly. His sense of humor is completely alien, where people see sadness, he finds happiness. I'm not trying to build a completely miserable character here: The thing is, he's HAPPIER by himself. He prefers loneliness, or, if he must travel with someone, someone who is as close to being mute as possible. He just prefers to let his mind wander, and loves nature. He's gone through many pairs of clothes taking off at a run, running around the town, the woods around the town, through the woods, past the woods, then back through them again. There is no greater joy for him than traversing somewhere he hasn't been, stopping and listening to the wildlife, letting his eyes devour the scenery around him.

When it comes to relationships, Mason can be a bit difficult. He tries to be as honest as possible, keeping secrets when he can, but he has difficulty expressing what he thinks without being brutal. He also isn't very good at communicating, thinking that he can't screw something up if he never speaks, which hasn't exactly worked wonders so far. But it's what is comfortable for him, so he keeps doing it.

He tries to stop bullying, but he's so quiet and shy that often times he'll let it happen if it keeps him from speaking up. Deathly afraid of public speaking, he's rather paranoid of putting his trust in someone but is overly clingy when he does.

Pokemon:

A Sableye.

Poke'dex: Not exactly sure.

History:

It's not that Mason's parents were abusive. It's that he was always detached: he inherited the wanderlust genes, and to him, their painstakingly slow and confined way of life was a constant bother. No one in his family had any desire to travel or explore the world, thy were content where they were. So Mason had a hard time opening up to them, and even the simplest or most heartfelt of conversations tended to go awkwardly between the two. His parents, despite the emotional pain, have learned that things are best for both parties as they are, and try not to force their presence on him when they are able to.

He had wanted a Pokemon since he knew what one was. He had a strong desire to have a companion he could trust, someone loyal and able. He never knew too many types, or what all the differences were. He couldn't tell the difference between a Zapdos and a Jigglypuff, and was perfectly fine with that. He occasionally saw himself fighting with pokemon, but always against wild animals, in his fantasies. He never really envisioned himself as much of a trainer, but now that he's close to getting one, the thought is beginning to develop in his mind. It would only be a temporary high, however, as there are only so many places to go in terms of Gyms. Having to stay in one place and train to defeat someone would bore him quickly, and he would much rather spend the time just wandering.

Not much happened, eventwise, in his life. He simply grew up alone, learning to rely on himself for what he needed. What he couldn't figure out on his own, he often didn't figure out. He's highly self-reliant, but there comes a time when everyone needs help, and Mason just hasn't grasped that yet.

Other: Good runner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deceptive Ambition
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next