WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here

Go down 
+9
Miirik
Alietum
Michangs
Snowy
Lupus
Jalines
Sadie
lUN_Cat16
Patches
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 9:15 pm

It might. Really depends. I'm hoping to get into a summer research program, which will net me close to $4000 for doing awesome stuff that I love doing (science) which could take up a lot of time.
If I don't get in though, or even if I do I do see myself getting a few weeks to myself, which I would gladly take up to meet up with you guys!

I have no idea about summers between Med School. If all goes as planned, the Navy is going to be controlling my life then. I know I'm going to have Officer Candidacy School and Basic Training spread throughout those four years, but I'm not entirely sure how much time that's going to take up. For all I know they might include it in my regular coursework so I get it done during the school year.

How about this.
I'll make time.

I punch your dreads in the face, you're getting into college. I declare it so, and so it shall be.
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 9:50 pm

Yeah, I already told you about the not-so-fun experience I had last school year, Michangs. Coming on here, talking to you guys, and getting to focus on writing gave me a good release. Some of my emotions during that time kind of bled into my characters too, which I guess helped me not keeped them contained inside.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

Location : California, where you can be sure I'll never stop thinking about enamored dragons.

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 4:28 pm

I'm happy to have my worries punched in the face. :) Thanks; it's nice to have more confident, less fretful people around me for support.

Man, summer research, med school, and the Navy! You have a lot ahead of you. It's great that you'll be working to reach such high ambitions, though, and that you seem so sure of what you want to do even at this age. For me, that uncertainty has only started fading recently as I've realized how much I'd like to be a biologist of some sort - and I'm still not sure exactly what kind.

Glad to have been of help, Lupus. :) I see what you mean; exercising myself creatively does seem like something that would help me work through bad emotions. In fact, I've done it before - when you had to leave and I had to join deviantART in order to stay in contact, that was pretty much entirely what drove me to finally draw Tem. I'll fully admit that it left me shaken up to lose you so suddenly, and finally getting his image down and starting to hone what little drawing talent I have seemed to help, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://michangs.deviantart.com/
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 5:55 pm

*Stands back in the shadows along the corner of the room, hood up and sunglasses on looking like a badass*
"Any time you need something punched, let me know."

Hahah, yeah. When you hear the call and feel that urge to respond, it kinda helps you know what path you want to head down.

Okay! Biologist! Here's what you do. Start looking for colleges that have really good biology programs (if you tell me the general area of California you're in I could help you out. I don't need to know your address, but just like, "Somewhere near LA" or something).

If that school looks really good, and you could see yourself there, go visit and tour the campus. A lot of schools have overnight programs where you stay in a dorm room with a student and go to class with them so you can feel what college life is like.
If that school is a winner, apply with the time comes.

When you get there, or even ahead of time, start talking to different Biology professors. Most of the time they have personal research projects they work on (especially if they have or are working for a Ph.D.). Talk to him or her and try to get yourself on their research team. Even if it's just helping him clean up after him it lets you start getting both experience and it's networking. If he/she lets you do research along side him/her, then that's amazing!

It's a great thing to have, and the connections you make with people in the industry will help land you a job when you get out of school. Your name could already by on papers that go into the main pool of knowledge for biology! :D

Roleplaying helped get me out of my depression. This is all I will go into on the topic.
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

Location : California, where you can be sure I'll never stop thinking about enamored dragons.

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 6:21 pm

Okay then, Jalines and I live in the Bay Area. You know, the general region where San Francisco and Monterey Bay and such are. That's actually not far from LA, so good guess!

Wow, that's a ton of advice! Thank you so much! :) We've already toured Stanford University and Santa Clara University (not sure if you've heard of the latter, but Stanford is really famous...and can't accept many of the masses of people who apply there). Neither one made a huge highlight of its biology in particular, but science in general seems to be strong in both of those places, so that's good. I'm going to be applying to far more than just one college to maximize my chances, so they're good enough to get applications from me. Wherever I go, I'll definitely try talking to professors and helping with research! Thanks again! :D
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

Location : A land where winter is the growing season and spring starts in February

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm

Wow! I know your advice was directed at Michangs, Alietum, but I learned a lot of useful tips from it as well. I'm not sure I'll be proactive enough to follow it by then, but thanks very much anyway.

Roleplaying actually just started out as a fun little diversion for me. When I more recently thought back on my experiences in CoA, though, I realized that my life would feel so much emptier without all of you. You guys are the closest friends I have, without a doubt. Just talking with you here and on deviantART has enriched my life immensely, and I've even learned a lot about social interaction from doing so. It's been a privilege to hear about your lives and personalities, a joy to share mine back, and a wonder to discover how similar we are. I've developed a vastly improved sense of realistic characterization as I've roleplayed with you, as well as inspiration for writing and art. I can't thank you enough for being such an important part of my life.

Okay... that turned out more serious than I expected. It's true, though, all of it. You guys are the best. :)
Back to top Go down
Lyric
Refugee
Lyric

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

Awwwwww! I love all of you guys too!! :3 *Group hugs* You can never say that too many times!

It's really nice to see that this roleplay has helped so many people. I'm sorry to hear you had a tough time last school year, Lupus :( I didn't have the greatest year either, so at least we're not alone. I channel a lot of my own emotions and personality traits into my characters too. Agate and I are more alike than I care to admit X/

And yeah, Jokie. Hopefully the trailer will cooperate! (So responding out of order DX )

Awesome college advice, Alietum! :D Man, it's so weird to think that college is looming right around the corner. Buuuuuut attending college will give us more freedom, which means it'll be more likely that we'll get to meet each other :3

NO WAY! Shocked We were in that area over the summer, Michangs! It's quite possible that we passed by your house! (Ooo, the houses there were so nice... I even got some pictures of them!)

Aaaaaaand about what's happening IC: Agate's getting up, yes. However, she's going to have some trouble, since she's still holding Aelirsa's ornament and all (she doesn't want to break it). I'll probably go into more detail about that in my next post.

Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 9:43 pm

Ah yes, I almost forgot about the ornament sub-plot. I think Aelirsa's efforts to forge the chain out of ice while she struggles to recover her abilities could work nicely for development. Get some frustration brewing on top of her unravelling past and present.

Yeah, this lovely group of people is literally the only reason I'm sticking around here any longer. Being able to project my personality directly into Aelirsa, then playing out situations I've found myself in helped so much in the end.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm

I agree, Lyric! :D You'd all get hugs from me too if I wasn't so nervous about - ah, what the heck. *Hugs*

Well, we're not actually in San Francisco. We're in a city nearby, San Jose. Our county's called Santa Clara County, somewhere in the tech industry-heavy Silicon Valley. Is that the particular place you went through? Some suburbs, ideally, since that's where we are? And yeah, the houses here are nice. Ours isn't quite as nice, though; we're in a really nice neighborhood, but we're kind of in the poorest part of it, so we even out to be right in the middle of the middle class. I'm always amazed at how gorgeous other students' houses are when I visit for group projects....

We're all in the same boat, then, because I put a lot of my personality into Tem too. I know I've already said that, but...yeah. I've never done most of the things Tem has, though, like avoiding death every day for half my life - I hope Aelirsa's dark past doesn't mirror yours too closely, Jokie....
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 10:28 pm

I haven't had any involvement with death I assure you, by action or association. It's more metaphorical, the death of a friendship, the rampage against others, the events that changed my personality, the things that bring the past back. It's funny how it worked out in the end.
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 10:44 pm

Yeah, last year was a bit of a low point, honestly. Things are looking up now though, so that's good.

I was in the San Francisco area a year or so back, too!

It's kind of interesting how Kaldra and Aressa mirror me, well, two sides of me really. Kaldra's the self-conscious, protective, sort of motherly part and Aressa... um she's the rather... angry part. I haven't ever lashed out at anyone, but there have been times where my thoughts were pretty close to her's, especially last year. I guess her sort of turn-around kind of relfects my own turn-around in outlook this year.
Back to top Go down
Lyric
Refugee
Lyric

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 12:44 am

Yes, Agate is going to do something very touching with that ornament. For now, though, she's trying not to break it! (I know, the ice is supposed to be durable, but still!)

Original characters are awesome like that! You can infuse your personality and experiences with them ^.^

Nervous, Michangs? Are you afraid that I'll give you the Lyric disease? XD Ah, but I got a hug in the end, so that's all that matters ^.^

Those names sound very familiar... We must have went through there! I'm looking at a map right now, and I definitely recognize the names near San Jose. We may have even stayed in Santa Clara!! It was some kind of small hotel/restaurant that sometimes holds weddings. It had a Spanish name that is frustratingly on the tip of my tongue. The dining room had like seven clocks that played music and "danced" at every hour.

Well, it's a good thing you guys weren't involved with actual death! I hate deaths of friendships, especially when they betray you.

Whoa! Small world! :) It was so cool seeing the Golden Gate Bridge and everything!

Ha ha! Aressa's like my cynical side. Honestly, sometimes I feel like there's no hope left in humanity (I'm not referring to you guys, though!). Although, I haven't felt that way for a while, so that's good.

Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 2:03 am

Well actually, I was just going to say I was nervous about...I don't even know how I was going to word it; overly strong...social...actions or something. No worries about a Lyric disease or anything! Just because cheeriness is contagious doesn't mean I don't want to catch it. ;)

I don't think I remember any Spanish-named hotel/restaurants....Do note that I very rarely leave the house or go places, though. That place could very well be near us without me knowing about it. Man, it would have blown my mind - no, blasted it to smithereens - to run into one of you guys in real life just by chance....

Hmm...it's embarrassing to admit, but I'm actually so reclusive that I don't have any terribly strong friendships aside from you guys. There are a few people I've known from elementary or middle school that I'm fond of and who are fond of me in return, but real, solid confidants who'll always, undoubtedly have my back? Not really. I run into few enough issues that I haven't really needed someone like that, but it might be nice if I could change my habits and actually get to know somebody a little better, spend a little more time with them.
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

Location : A land where winter is the growing season and spring starts in February

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 2:44 am

Aww, thanks for the group hug. I feel pretty much the same thing Michangs just tried to describe, but... *Hugs back*

Well, our house is kind of in the center of a clump of townhouses off the road, so I doubt you would have passed in sight of us, unfortunately. That would have been so amazing, though! I probably would have thought I was going insane, but still. Hm... I don't recognize any place like the one you described, either. Does the name Almaden ring a bell, by chance? That's a bit more specific as to where we live.

Except for the passing of a few older relatives, I haven't had any real close experiences with death either, whether actual or symbolic. Not even of friendships, although I'm pretty sure that's just because I don't get close to many people in the first place. That's why it's really weird that I tend to give my characters tragic pasts - I've never had to deal with anything of the sort myself. I think it might be a way for me to better imagine those situations and how they would feel, for whatever reason I would want to do that.

I know what you mean, feeling like humanity is doomed. At school there are the... well... non-academic masses, and on the news there are politics, which nowadays means endless blaming and bickering about everything except what matters. But then there are the people in my more advanced classes who actually know how to use their brains, and of course, people like you guys. :) I don't know if there are very many, but even when I get especially cynical, I still remember that there are at least a few good, intelligent people in this world.
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 7:48 am

I have maybe thirty seconds to do this, so I'll respond more later today, hahah XD

Group hug? Hell yeah! *Hugs back with a vengeance*

HOLY OH MY GOD I WAS IN SAN FRAN TWO YEARS AGO.

Back to top Go down
Miirik
Refugee
Miirik

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

Kaden is like me as well...except she doesn't snap at people as easily as me. :P We're both kind of quiet, hanging back instead of taking the lead, enjoy chilling, and are, ah, kind of cowards. Mm, it'd be cool to be a dragon. I always thought that if I had the ability to fly--not on a plane, but all on my own--I'd be able to get over a phobia I have.

I should post but my mind is blaaaaaaaank. I didn't get much sleep last week, so it seems like all I can do is draw my comic for Lost-and-Found, since I wrote the script for the comic a few weeks ago.

I've also been working on a design for a character for ages, and I think I finally figured them out! Yay! (She's a human, and I can't really draw humans...)

Yeah, some people who go to school really need a higher IQ. They need common sense as well.
Back to top Go down
http://miirik.deviantart.com/
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

Hey guys, just throwing out a bit of advertisement. There's a new rp called Pay in to Paradise that I joined and I'd hate for it to sort of fade away due to not enough members. It's a unique concept and I think some of you would really enjoy it, so if you could check it out sometime that would be great.
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 6:29 pm

Yeah :D

You guys wanna see how dirty I was this morning after working out at the farm?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 7:57 pm

Show me dirty, alietum. Show me dirty.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 8:12 pm

@Wolf, I did take a look at it, but to be honest it didn't really grab my attention. Not enough at least to convince me to break my self-promise of making this RP my only activity here.

@JTC Ohhhh, I've always loved the idea of living on a farm, but then my family is anything but farmers. (Receptionist and electronic repairman >>). I'm quite eager however to see. :D
Back to top Go down
Lyric
Refugee
Lyric

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 7:18 pm

I wish I could, Wolfpaw (It looks interesting!) but I'm busy enough as it is TToTT So tempting, though!

We have some chickens :) They're so fascinating and adorable! (We don't eat them; we only eat their eggs).

@Michangs and Jalines: I'm not exactly a huggy type by nature either. However, I have a close friend who hugs anybody and everybody, so most of the time I feel inclined to do the same. And of course I had to hug you guys! =^.^=

Darn it... I don't recognize the name "Almaden" at all :( (Keep in mine we saw A LOT of names, though!) But I'm fairly sure we passed through or were near Santa Clara, so that's a step in the right direction! :)

It would be absolutely crazy to meet you guys by chance (In a good way obviously!) It would just be so awesome!! *At loss for words right now.*

You two should break out of your shells! Joining clubs is definitely a good way to achieve this (plus it looks good to colleges ;) ). I saw that you joined archery, Jalines. That's great for branching out--and superbly amazing! How's that going, by the way? :)

I wouldn't call this [/i]tragic[/i], but in the roleplay Marigold High that I'm in (which is about an... interesting high school... in California!), my friend's character Chris had this certain sad event in their history that caused me to feel so bad for him... and almost exact the same situation happened to me soon after o.O Who knows? Maybe I'll sprout some scales and feathers and don a pair of nerdy glasses next! XD

I’m really glad we all we along so well. Friends that would protect your back instead of stabbing it are difficult to come by :/

Ah, politics. My English teacher spent an entire class period ranting about illegal immigrants X) It was nice because I got out of presenting my project :D Anyways... yes, humanity can be quite frustrating. At least that doesn’t apply to everyone, like (ditto) you guys :)
Back to top Go down
Lyric
Refugee
Lyric

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 1:24 am

(After reading Lupus's post...) I just had a weird thought: What if Agate's family adopted Aressa?! XD
Back to top Go down
Michangs
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

Well, our archery (yeah, I joined Jalines for it) actually just ended - we went through the eight-week span we signed up for, shooting arrows an hour each Saturday. We might renew the time by becoming members at the club where it takes place, but we also might not. I found it moderately interesting, but I was just a little sick of it - and sick of losing a bunch of time each Saturday - by the end, so I'd be fine with stopping there.

If you sprouted scales and feathers...well, actually, I'd be pretty worried for you, since then you wouldn't be able to go outside without making global headlines and being investigated by all kinds of covert groups wondering if your alien species intends to harm Earth. XD Ah, but of course that's what I consider. It would be cool right up until then!

Say, Agate's family could do that. Hmm...unless Aelirsa wants to take her in instead...somehow.
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 3:06 pm

Chickens! Wow! We just have a little white-furred Chihuahua mix. She's so cute and does the funniest things! :)

Awwww... thank you. That means a lot. Probably more than you intended, but still. :)

I know, it would be so indescribably mind-blowing if I just happened to see you somewhere! Man, I shiver with excitement just thinking about it. Although you don't actually know what we look like... hm... well, if two speechlessly amazed twins come up to you, it wouldn't be hard to guess who they are. Still, if you or we end up traveling near each other's residences again, I might have to fulfill JTC's request for a picture of Michangs and me together.

Yeah, our archery lessons ended, but we did just sort-of-join the Computer Science club at school (it isn't very official yet). There are a couple people I know from other classes there, and everyone else should have interests similar to mine if they're in the same club, so hopefully I can branch out a bit like you said.

Whoa, interesting that something from a roleplay happened to you. I don't think anything really specific has happened to me, just some of the same awkward social skills early on when I was much closer to Ev's speaking ability. I've gotten much better since I made him; the only bad part is that I have to remind myself not to elevate him to my new level of competence. But that's a waaaaay better problem to have, so I'm not complaining in the least.

Yes, it's wonderful that we've all become so close. I'm sorry to hear you think that about friendships, though.... Of course, my trust hasn't been betrayed like you said happened to you. To the extent that I can, I will watch your back. :)

I could go on indefinitely about everything I find wrong with the political system, heh. I feel like one or two of my teachers have also talked about an important issue for a class period instead of an academic lesson, but I don't remember any specifics.

Last edited by Jalines on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 3:49 pm

Oh, chickens! What kind?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoAIII OOC; just moving it here   CoAIII OOC; just moving it here - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CoAIII OOC; just moving it here
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next