WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)

Go down 
+6
Szemetlada
Admiral Ji
Celo The Impossible
Mr Allen J
Patches
The Illusive Badger
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 10:57 pm

-_-

Is my character accepted now that he's alone?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 10:24 am

So Lone, does your power have a flame for deja'vu?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

The Grouch wrote:
So Lone, does your power have a flame for deja'vu?

Is deja'vu even an emotion? Hm. No power for that.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 12:22 pm

Deja vu isn't an emotion, it's a reaction.

But yeah. I'd really like for this to start soon...
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 12:39 pm

Joural wrote:
Deja vu isn't an emotion, it's a reaction.

But yeah. I'd really like for this to start soon...

Me too. I think we have a reasonable amount of people.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 1:08 pm

I was thinking of something completely different. Pardon me.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 4:07 pm

Figured i'd make another character for this.

name: Oliver Harlow

appearance: Oliver stands at about 5'6" and weighs 140 pounds. His face is gaunt and tired-looking. Yet again, so would you if you've been chased around England your whole life. His teeth are slightly yellowed and he has a bit of acne under his jaw. His hair is long and comes down to his shoulder blades. His eyes are angry-looking and are dark brown. They normally are darting around, looking for potential attackers. Oliver normally wears a pair of worn blue jeans, a shirt with the British flag on it, and a leather jacket. He's got the average 80s rocker stereotype look without the pot. Oliver just figures that he doesn't need to get high; his life is crazy enough as it is. He talks with a heavy British accent, though it's not quite cockney.

power: You know that old saying "what goes around comes around?" Well, this is pretty much Oliver's power. You see, Whatever you do to Oliver is reflected back at you. For example, if you were to punch Oliver in the stomach, you would feel the hit instead of him. This works with pretty much anything, except with some limitations. Firstly, bullets do not get reflected. If you shoot Oliver, you're not getting a bullet wound. Secondly, the larger the mass and force of a hit, the harder it is for Oliver to direct the hit back at you. For example, if you hit Oliver in the face with a baseball bat with moderate force, you're going to take the force of a baseball bat to the face. However, if Babe Ruth hit Oliver in the face with a baseball bat, both would sustain equal damage, though the force would be weakened on both sides. But, if you, say, hit Oliver really hard with a crowbar or hit him with a car, he's going to take all the damage and you're going to come off clean.

personality: Oliver is paranoid. Hie entire life he's been rejected and hunted down for being a mutant. It is nearly impossible for him to trust anyone, even other mutants. He has a survivalists outlook on the world and he does what he has to do to survive. He doesn't speak much, because not speaking usually helps you to live longer.

bio: can I, uh... not do this?

other: Oliver likes rock music a lot. It's one of the few things he'll talk about with people. He's a big fan of Metallica, Judas priest, Warrant, and Iron Maiden.

Last edited by I am the Walruz on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 5:40 pm

I am the Walruz wrote:
Ok. Well there. Can we stop arguing like little children now?

NO

/slapfight
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 6:01 pm

*picks up brick*

anyways, so are EITHER of my characters accepted?

and yes, I'm that guy.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

Did you run using Sakky's power by him?

I did something similar in my early days and it really pissed off another writer, I'd reccomend just coming up with your own to avoid any altercations.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 6:25 pm

I forgot to change that! shoot!

It's not sakky's power. the guy was originally going to talk to ghosts. gotta fix that lol.

yeah, this power was inspired by Cain on the SCP website.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 6:34 pm

Woooo! You guy's ready for the end of the world, tomorrow?!

I know I am! Gonna go sit near my window with a bag of mini-marshmallows and get a front row seat to the chaos.

...AhahajustkiddingIdon'tbelivethatbullshit. But I do plan on staying awake the entirety of tomorrow night. Just 'cause. c:
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 6:38 pm

Agent 9 wrote:

I know I am! Gonna go sit near my window with a bag of mini-marshmallows and get a front row seat to the chaos.

...AhahajustkiddingIdon'tbelivethatbullshit. But I do plan on staying awake the entirety of tomorrow night. Just 'cause. c:

Well, it's probably pointless to ask now, but when's the IC starting, assuming we're alive to participate in it? TURTLE. WHERE U GO
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 6:39 pm

TURTLE! GET BACK HERE AND ACCEPT MY FLIPPING SHEETS!

ah well, didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 6:49 pm

Shade wrote:
Agent 9 wrote:

Well, it's probably pointless to ask now, but when's the IC starting, assuming we're alive to participate in it? TURTLE. WHERE U GO

I have no idea. 8D

Welp, with midterms finally over, I can get a head start on making up the weeks of missed video games.

Might as well start now, seeing as how we might all be obliterated by the sun tomorrow. Or something.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 7:06 pm

Maybe if we sacrifice Cynda, the Sun God will not destroy us and Turt will come back...

*straps Cynda to an altar*
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 7:39 pm

Silly children. Tomorrow starts the first day of the zombie apocalypse. :D
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 7:44 pm

Forever_aLonestar wrote:

We can only hope.

Also I appreciate the username.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 8:12 pm

Anyway, Cameron's sheet. Should have been done awhile go but I hit a wall when it came to his power and personality.

Forever_aLonestar wrote:
Name: Samuel Cameron Wolcott (Cameron)
Appearance: The first thing I should note about Cameron is mixed, of a frowned upon African American and American (whitey) relationship (his mother was black, father white, yadda yadda, Cynder beat me to first black person, so boo). As it's the first thing evident about him when you take a look at him is his high yellow skin, speaking of his skin it's near flawless aside from the scars from various.. incidents. Cameron isn't very muscular. Sure, he doesn't have too visible much fat on him, nor does he have too many muscles. So, yeah. I'd say he has small muscles you can only see when you squint really hard. Cameron's also a bit tall, not freakishly tall but he stands at a whooping 5'7 feet tall, weighing 179 pounds.

He's handsome, uh- not the most beautiful person in the world. Just not ugly. His face (and head) are square-ish. His hair is black, Afro-textured. He doesn't do anything to his hair like put grease in it, or comb it or any of that shit. He only cleans it and cuts it. So, his hair doesn't have a definite style. But, it looks like a mini-afro, with an enormous puff of hair right above his forehead.

Cameron's eyes. They're so odd. He has a "second pupil" within his first pupil. It appears to be three circles, and all are arranged in the same way as that "three circles" diagram (Google it). His eyes (and the circles) are different colors depending on the emotion he's feeling. They're usually white when he's not feeling a specific emotion. Normally, he keeps his eyes hidden under tinted goggles or sun glasses.

Cameron usually wears a short tan coat which goes down to his thighs, usually unzipped/buttoned (Whatever) showing his white T-shirt. And of course, Jean pants, and some sneakers. He has a large pink back pack, it was the best he could muster in such short notice. In said backpack he carries his gear... look at the equipment section for specifically what he has in there. He also has black finger-less gloves. He's also never seen without his black wool-cap or his sunglasses, or tinted ski-goggles.

Started in: Los Angeles, California

Power: Cameron control and generate fire. Not just any fire, a very special color coded flames he's dubbed the "Emotional Fire". It heavily takes the appearance of fire, aside from being various colors depending on a few factors. Despite the name the Emotional Flames functions nothing nothing fire, it generates no heat and burns nothing. You must be thinking that this power is absolutely useless. Guess what? You're wrong. The Emotional Flames "Burns" people emotionally/mentally causing emotional/mental pain (Google it if you don't know what it is/means) to anyone Cameron targets. This ability is also in sync with his emotions, depending on which emotion he's feeling it will change color and have a variety of effects. All of these effects are triggered by the fumes that the flames give off.

The Emotional Flames are consistent with Cameron's emotions, so the stronger his emotions are, the stronger his ability will be.

((Broken down into 8 basic emotions because I'm not describing 80 different emotions damn you))

Anger. The Flames of Anger run bright red- almost pink. The Emotional Flames created when Cameron is angry act as a beacon. Anyone who's already angry or emotionally weak will go apeshit and violently attack the flame. Animals will also be drawn to the flame. So if he shoots a fireball at somebody people will attack that person until they snap out of the violent rage induced by Cameron.

Fear. The Flames of Fear run cyan. The Cyan flames create illusions when people look directly at them. Random Illusions of anything that Cameron has seen in the past, so in theory he could hide himself (or anything he desires) in a cloud of the illusions. Unfortunately since the illusion itself is random there may be a chance that it doesn't provide the necessary disguise.

Love/Lust. The Flames of Lust/Love are (un-expectantly!) orange. These flames emit an pink gas (which looks similar to Diamond Dust) that makes people in the area feel extreme grief/disappointment in the same way that someone would if they were heart broken. The fume dissipates immediately in the absence of the emotional flames.

Happiness. The Flames of Happiness are jet black. When Cameron is happy/ecstatic the flames (much like the flames of love) will emit a (invisible) fume that demoralizes people. It will literally drain the happiness from them until they are depressed, and completely lose interest into what they were doing. Yeah yeah.

Sorrow/Grief. The Flames of Sorrow/Grief are Yellow. It puts memories into people's heads. Very sad memories. They'll think that the memories actually are real instead of forcefully implanted into their minds. They'll fall into a fit of uncontrollable wangst/wankst, for a period of course. Thus, if they were going to attack Cameron they'll be taken out of the equation if they were a threat.

Hatred. The Flames of Hatred are white. It has an interesting effect; instead of something lame and generic like inducing hatred- Actually, I lied, it is lame and generic because I had no idea what the fuck the flames of Hatred would do. So, yeah. It's fumes (ironically) cause people to love the thing that they hate the most. Like madly, they'll drop everything just to start humping it on sight... This will come back to bite me in the ass.

Anticipation. The Flames of Anticipation are navy blue. It's fumes has one of two effects depending merely on the person. One effect is that the person will drop everything and get super nervous about EVERYTHING, to the point where they're basically immobile. The other effect is that they'll "speed up" as in get excited (which will also make their hearts, and mind go faster). So, they'll want to be fast, thus may not think things through and want to rush. *Shrugs* I guess, it may cause them to screw something delicate up.

Nostalgia. The Flames of Nostalgia are forest green. Nostalgia has a very special effect as it's fumes cause certain memories to be altered. Memories of someone's greatest triumph or memories they look back on often will be altered and changed- well in short some of their greatest memories will be altered to the worst moments of their life.

In addition to the emotional flames Cameron can "see" emotions. In your run of the mill aura, everyone has several colors surrounding them each associated with an emotion. Shouldn't need too much explanation. With this ability Cameron has an enhanced ability to understand emotions, and as a result, he can also understand people at a greater level merely from their emotions. Another ability he has in relation to this is that on touch he instantly know all about somebody's emotions in great detail. To save you a lot of reading (and me a lot of typing); on touch he'll know every emotion the person has felt (going as far back as the very moment of birth) depending on how long he touched the person. I guess it's only useful for character interaction, or if the right moment calls for it.

Cameron can also see the very source of emotions which I call The Emotional Panorama and he can see Emotional Echos. The Emotional Panorama is the collection of emotions that take the appearance of say single colored (Depending on which emotion) Northern Lights. The Emotional Panorama is every where there's emotions, every inch of the Emotional Panorama is connected even the differently emotions/colors. Emotional Echos are much like the Emotional Panorama in terms of appearance, they take the form of colored-clouds instead of the interconnected Panorama. Echoes are created when very strong emotions are felt (Such as extreme sorrow over a deceased loved one) and will remain there for months on end. Only Cameron can see this, though he has the ability to visualize the Panorama for everyone else to see. This ability is useless, I know, since he can do absolutely nothing with neither The Panorama or Echos.

Both the Echoes and the Panorama has a bit of a drawback. They're blindingly bright, like staring into the sun bright. Which makes it hard for Cameron to see. Fortunately echoes and the panorama do not appear in the absence of light. Or are less intense in the shade. Which is why he always wears tinted goggles or sun glasses. Though, if they happen to get broken- yeah. Should be obvious.

Now, using the Emotional Flames drains Cameron, physically and emotionally- literally. Ha. Well, when he uses his powers he directly taps into his "emotional storage" meaning that he'll use his emotions to fuel his powers, and like most things that require fuel when he doesn't have emotions he's powerless. Worse of which he'll be completely devoid of emotion. Emotionless like a god damn robot. This is bad because Cameron feels like shit when he's emotionless, so he works very very hard to avoid overusing his powers. Then there's the generic "use his powers too much and he'll get exhausted" thing. Also, he needs to be feeling an emotion to access it's power, if he's emotionless, or that neutral emotion then he'll lose access to his abilities.

Personality: Cameron is well mannered, dead serious, selfish and level-headed. The very first thing you'll learn about Cameron is that he isn't like other people. Hm, in the way that he's more down to Earth and serious than other people of his day and age. So, he may not go out and do something fun as opposed to doing something beneficial. Like, forgoing the wild parties to go and fix something wrong with his house. Eh. You get the picture. It's apart of his life to be the quiet one, he doesn't talk to people unless they approach him, in which case he'll keep a conversation going. Speaking of which, he isn't exactly the team player. He prefers to do things his way and alone. Therefore he won't have anyone holding him back if he wants to get something done. Don't get me wrong, he will work with a group or another person if it helps I guess. But, he won't be thinking too much about the team itself and put his focuses on himself, giving everyone around him the "he's in it for himself" feeling. If he can, he will help save the life of the ally that collapsed, but if people are getting gunned down then expect to drag your own ass out of the situation.

Yeah yeah, shitty personality, didn't feel like writing too much on this.

Equipment: In Cameron's back pack he carries around another outfit, since he's on the run his wardrobe is severely limited. So, he won't be changing his outfit until his current one was destroyed or ruined beyond repair. He also carries around some cigars and a carton of cigarettes, and a fancy metal lighter. Finally, he has a red flash light, and some batteries.... Oh yeah, and a journal to record all of his epic adventures.

Other: Cameron's favorite bands are; The Temptations, and Curtis Mayfield. I'll be digging through Youtube and occasionally posting their songs with his posts.

Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

Procella, Cameron, and OHMIGOSH MAY should team up to form the most situational superhero team of all time.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 9:04 pm

... They're be unstoppable. But, I have to ask; who's Procella?
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm

Shade wrote:
Forever_aLonestar wrote:
Also I appreciate the username.

*sits for a while*

*rereads the username*

.....Oh. OH. Haaaaaaa. That's funny.

WHAT, WAIT, WH- NO. NO SACRIFICING ME. UNTIE ME, NOAW. >8U
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 10:50 pm

Forever_aLonestar wrote:

My character, along with May. I submitted her a few pages back, Turtle has yet to return to accept her. She has a negative influence on the weather around her as her mutation.

Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 11:17 pm

O, MR.TURTLE, GOD OF THE SUN! TAKE THIS BUBBLY TEENAGE GIRL AS A SACRIFICE IN EXCHANGE FOR STOPPING THE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!

*kills cynda*

WHERE ARE YOU TURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 9:19 am

Shade wrote:
Forever_aLonestar wrote:

My character, along with May. I submitted her a few pages back, Turtle has yet to return to accept her. She has a negative influence on the weather around her as her mutation.

Crap, I missed her sheet. Hm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next