WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)

Go down 
+6
Szemetlada
Admiral Ji
Celo The Impossible
Mr Allen J
Patches
The Illusive Badger
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 12:17 pm

Shade wrote:
Character Sheet

Name: Procella Ilma
Appearance:

Procella is petite and thin-framed: ironically, the kind of girl who looks like one strong breeze would send her tumbling over. She's maybe 5'2 and perhaps 120 pounds, soaking wet. With a twenty pound weight strapped to her back.

Procella is pale, but not unnaturally or freakishly so: she's a pretty kind of pale. In fact, if you can get over the aura of timid, timid, shy, shy, oh-please-don't-let-anyone-see me that envelopes her every word and action, she's a rather attractive girl. However, she draws so little attention to herself no one's bound to notice.

In fact, that's really the kind of person Procella is. Decent. If you notice she's there. The small framed girl stays at the back of rooms, darts out as soon as a meeting is over. Intentionally does average on tests to avoid being recognized. Are you getting a clear mental image of her in your mind? You shouldn't be. You shouldn't notice Procella's there.

She's got a round face and blue-grey eyes. I hate to say it, I really, really do, but damnit if they aren't the same shade as storm clouds. So more of a darker grey, really, than blue. Her hair is black and shiny, usually masking her face. She's the one that always has to keep pushing her hair back. She isn't very up to date on 80s fashion, but normally settles for a pair of rain boot and blue jeans, along with a poncho over whatever she's wearing.

She also gets cold easily. Procella's usually shivering or wrapped up in her poncho, another jacket, etc.

Started in:

-Bull's Gap, Tennessee

Power:

I must admit some inspiration from MGS:
Spoiler:

Procella, quite simply put, is a hurricane. She is a hailstorm and a maelstrom and a tsunami and a forest fire. She is not the butterfly landing on a flower whilst the sun shines. She is not a fucking deer prancing its way across a meadow. She is the carcass of a dead beast on the road and the carcass of a totaled car flipped over next to it. Despite her meek personality and unimposing figure, Procella has quite a bit of firepower.

Of course, she isn't very adept at controlling it.

Procella, you see, is almost plagued with bad weather. Her mere presence causes the weather to atrophy. This normally isn't too severe. After an hour or so, grey clouds begin to form within a half mile radius of her. If she becomes very upset or panicked, things worsen far more quickly. Within minutes a sky can be black and howling with thunder. It has caused several meteorologists to be fired.

Of course, she wasn't totally aware she had a power at first. Probably didn't help she spent a few years of her life in Seattle.

These weather fluxes are not like most mutants, where she can actively guide lightning bolts into people and such. It's less in her control, although she has a vague grasp of it. She can keep people from being harmed more easily from lightning, but freezing rain and hailstones are your own damn problem.

In short, beware of inclement weather near this chick. Fog thick enough to swim in. Hailstones the size of baseballs. Lightning, brighter and hotter than the sun. Tornadoes, even.

She is looking to leave the East Coast due to hurricanes but doesn't want to be in Tornado Alley either.

Whether it is a byproduct of years of experience or merely a part of her power, she is unaffected by weather. Hailstones miss her completely. Rain does not even register when it hits her. She is aware of fog, but can see through it easily. Strong winds do not affect her any more than a cool breeze would.

Finally, you know how people with scars or arthritis can tell when a storm is coming? She causes that effect by being in their presence.

She also smells of sweet ozone. This may seem like a contradiction, mainly because I've honestly never smelled ozone, but it seemed like something that'd go with her character. It is faint.

Bio:

There are three types of people in life. There are people who get wronged and get pissed. There are people who get wronged and don't care. And there are people who get wronged and get upset. Procella is the last one.

She is very easily spooked and her status as a mutant didn't exactly help (fortunately, once she overcame her guilt and moved to a big city, it wasn't like anyone could pinpoint it on her. It was more of a freak occurrence than her spitting fireballs or flying, so no one really knew it was HER so to speak. Just that the weather was strange). However, the constant fear of being found out plagued her. The paranoia ate away at her for months, years on end, as did the guilt. Every car that crashed in fog. Every person struck inadvertently by lightning. Every house burned down. Every dog that howled in fear when thunder rolled across the landscape.

She ran away. She moved somewhere else and the storms followed. She ran further. No matter how far she went, when she'd pass out on the side of the road or in the house of someone who'd take her in (this was the 70s and she's the cover girl for "Please take pity on me"), she'd wake up to thunder or the sound of rain beating against the windows, calling to her.

For a while, Procella just sat outside, in the middle of a field, watching lightning arc across the sky and rain fall down to her. Endlessly. It was as if Zeus was courting her. She has never gotten a really good look at the stars because of the storms she brings on, which saddens her.

Procella grew up troubled, if you didn't catch that. She never stayed in a city for very long, but merged rather easily into bigger high schools for the few months she was there. There, she could disappear easily and just work for a few months until the storms intensified, she freaked, they got worse, and she'd run. Procella has gained a bit of resourcefulness and independence from all this.

She finally explained the situation to her parents, via a letter. Surprisingly, even given the anti-mutant sentiment, they were okay with it. She'd been gone for several years and they thought her a victim of a cult or other strange occurences of the 70s, and were glad to know their little girl was okay, if troubled. She has kept writing them, although her mutantism is not discussed. Never know when you'll have a nosy mailman.

Procella wound up in Bull's Gap because it was the place she happened to stop when her legs gave way and her stomach longed for food. Thus begins our story, or at least Procella's involvement in it.

Personality:

She's never formed very solid connections with people outside her family. Animals fear her, because they can sense the storms about her, and as such she can't even befriend a puppy. Rather than make her out as a Woobie, however, she isn't totally depressed. Just scared and trying to live a decent life when her condition would rather her not. She doesn't want to stay anywhere for too long and wind up killing someone, destroying a city, and so it's a nomadic life for her. Eventually she'll see the world, provided she doesn't destroy it first.

Procella is, at heart, a good person. Her shyness gets in the way of this. She isn't the type to stick up for someone who's being bullied because she's just too afraid. However, she's a very caring person, and despite her years on the streets (not like that) she's still very gullible to an innocent seeming person and a genuine cause. She has faith where others have cynicism and prefers flight over fight.

Procella doesn't have much of a temper, she's fairly even-keeled. Just even-keeled on the scared end of the spectrum. She is easily spooked and has some major anxiety issues over her guilt and fear, however she does her best to keep these under controls. Freaked out Procella means more storms, you see.

Equipment:

A compass and a map sealed within a plastic bag (it is still stained by water, however). More out of a quirky sense of humor than anything, she has an umbrella which she often gives to people caught in her storms, and a few blankets and some spare clothes in her duffel bag. She also keeps some spare cash and, as much as she hates it, a knife to try and ward off anyone who'd fight her.

Normally, she'd just run. The torrential downpour really helps one get away.

Other:

I do not reccomend climbing large buildings or being near large metallic objects when interacting with her.

Annnnd once again I fail to come up with an actual name so I go with a blatantly symbolic foreign word that sounds passable.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 12:46 pm

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE

FUCKING NIGGER JESUS PEOPLE, A GUY LEAVES FOR THREE DAYS AND YOU GO ALL APESHIT WITH THE SACRIFICES AND SHIT

HOT DAMN YOU PEOPLE, HOT FUCKING DAMN

*unties Cynder, gives her a comfort hug, sneaks in the phrase "no offense"*

Now than, to business.

Shade's new sheet is accepted, Lone's new sheet is accepted, the second of Walruz's sheets are accepted, and if I'm missing anyone else, whatever, we have enough I think.

Will start the IC tomorrow, erstwhile should get a second sheet in.
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 2:19 pm

Silly kids.

Little do you all know, Cynder is into bondage.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 2:37 pm

Awesome! Finally!

I'm sorry Cynda... the Mayans made me do it... *sits in corner*
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 2:48 pm

The Illusive Badger wrote:

*unties Cynder, gives her a comfort hug, sneaks in the phrase "no offense"*

Heh. None, uhh...taken.

I will ask that you try to refrain from doing that much more as far as OOC goes. c:

Or, y'know, I might throw a fit and attempt to eat you or somethin'.

The Grouch wrote:
Silly kids.

Little do you all know, Cynder is into bondage.

...*wink*

AND NO MORE OF THIS SACRIFICING CRAP. *glares at Maxx*
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 2:59 pm

cry

I sowwy...
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 6:24 pm

IC's gonna start. Perfect.

So Shade, I was thinking that Cameron meets up with May since they're both in LA. So I was thinking that May gives off a emotional aura and Cameron investigates.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 6:34 pm

who wants to meet up with the badly beaten and wrapped in barbed wire on the edge of a field?
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 6:59 pm

Joural wrote:
who wants to meet up with the badly beaten and wrapped in barbed wire on the edge of a field?

BECKY DOES! 8D
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 7:49 pm

Lets do dis stuff!
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 8:35 pm

IC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 10:07 pm

Forever_aLonestar wrote:
IC's gonna start. Perfect.

So Shade, I was thinking that Cameron meets up with May since they're both in LA. So I was thinking that May gives off a emotional aura and Cameron investigates.

Sounds great to me.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:32 pm

Anybody wanna meat Oliver in PA?
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:39 pm

Max the Walrus wrote:

Max the Walrus wrote:
wanna meat Oliver

Max the Walrus wrote:
meat Oliver

....And I just laughed for about ten minutes.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:53 pm

Agent 9 wrote:
Max the Walrus wrote:

Max the Walrus wrote:
wanna meat Oliver

Max the Walrus wrote:
meat Oliver

....And I just laughed for about ten minutes.

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 ImpliedFacepalm
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

Agent 9 wrote:
I will ask that you try to refrain from doing that much more as far as OOC goes. c:

We are a very accepting and open place.

Anyways, lemme just put the new sheets into the character list and than...

I go to play TF2 for a bit and thaaaan...
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 1:11 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot Oliver's equipment!

Equipment: a Swiss army knife, a flashlight, a tape player, and tapes of Metallica, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 1:53 pm

So he carries a big heavy tape player everywhere he goes? Sounds like a burden.

I also wonder why so many rps has kids with army knives.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

I never found much use for Swiss army knives but that's just me. I can recall one instance where those tweezers came in handy. Otherwise I'd want a knife to be a knife and my tweezers to be tweezers. I'd take a strong, grippable fixed blade over a Swiss army knife any day. However, they aren't without their uses, and if you aren't using a knife for outdoors stuff then you might be better off with a Swiss army knife.

And that concludes today's rant.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 3:25 pm

Swiss army knives do everything.

Or nothing.

All depends on how resourceful you can be with it.

*says the person who's never used one before, but hey*
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 3:49 pm

yeah. He carries a tape player and headphones in his backpack. He's a rocker. and i never said it wasn't cumbersome.

anybody wanna meet oliver?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 4:04 pm

There's Skyler in Philadelphia if you want them to meet, I guess..
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 12:26 am

You seem hesitant. How come?
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 12:33 pm

It sort of took you like six tries to get a decent sheet in, Walruz.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 7:08 pm

Agent 9 wrote:
Swiss army knives do everything.

Or nothing.

All depends on how resourceful you can be with it.

*says the person who's never used one before, but hey*

swiss army knives do everything... poorly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next