WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)

Go down 
+6
Szemetlada
Admiral Ji
Celo The Impossible
Mr Allen J
Patches
The Illusive Badger
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2012, 7:15 pm

Shade wrote:
I'm liking the power, Cynder. Hmm. I think octopi can also change color at will, if I'm remembering correctly. If you wanted a different take on the power, that could work.

Forgot about those guys...

I dunno, I kinda like the way it is, already. I had been trying to think of some stuff to add to it when I was writing it down, but nothing really came to mind...though I guess I can make weather factor into it, somehow. Just to put emphasis on the reptilian roots of the power.

Hmm...reptiles...I can look more into this...
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2012, 10:47 pm

I didn't mean to come across as telling you how to write your character, my apologies if it did.

Damnit. Now I miss Sal. Loveable tongueless lizard you.

Now I feel guiltier about killing him off.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 4:21 pm

chamelions change based on mood!

They can change to suit their environment, but there isn't much that eat them, so unless they're frightened they tend to just sit there and chill.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 6:56 pm

HEY WHAT AM I DOING NOT POSTING FOR TWO PAGES

Sorry, just been a bit sidetracked.

Cynder, I love that power, and I support you doin' et. Although if she changed color according to mood, that would be badass too.
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 7:09 pm

The Illusive Badger wrote:
HEY WHAT AM I DOING NOT POSTING FOR TWO PAGES

Sorry, just been a bit sidetracked.

Cynder, I love that power, and I support you doin' et. Although if she changed color according to mood, that would be badass too.

Great! Already finished the sheet, just needed that power checked out...and mood-color-change COULD get really awesome... (thanks, Joural. c: )

I'll most likely edit this post with the sheet once I check it over and whatevs.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 8:35 pm

But make them the most backwards-ass color changes. For example, she turns baby blue when she's angry, and black when she's jealous, just to throw people off the trail.

Perhaps, to stay completlely calm and use her ability, she just pops a few Valium before going on an extended sneaking venture. Because Valium isn't addictive or anything.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 9:23 pm

Shade wrote:
But make them the most backwards-ass color changes. For example, she turns baby blue when she's angry, and black when she's jealous, just to throw people off the trail.

Perhaps, to stay completely calm and use her ability, she just pops a few Valium before going on an extended sneaking venture. Because Valium isn't addictive or anything.

Bahaha!

Good mood idea. I'll keep that.

Quote :
Name: Rebecca (or “Becky”) Jacobson

Appearance: Becky’s an ebony-skinned African-American, a critical detail to note right away, and reaches at around 5’10”; those two attributes alone tend to make for a daunting presence. She’s in no way a skinny woman but she does have some faint slim-ness in her, mixing in with the bulk and muscle of her figure (her arms are visibly muscular, and the rest of her body gives off the impression of a person who’s been through some physically-demanding shit, as well as one who can take a few hits). Becky’s face is sculpted in a serious way, but her dark brown eyes have an underlying kindness in them, and her lips are usually smiling. Becky has dark brown hair that reaches down to her shoulders; it’s curly in most places and a bit matted towards the top, prettily complementing her face.

First and foremost, Becky is never seen in any establishment, building, or general outdoor or indoor area, public or not, without her grey Gatsby cap; y’know, like the ones that paperboys would wear. It snugly fits her head and she tends to wear it with the front end tipped downward a bit, holding the bags in front of her face in place. She also likes to wear one of those oversized tops; it’s a cream-colored one, and over that she wears a grey woolen pea coat. Becky normally wears a pair of slim jeans with these, and some worn hiking boots. She doesn’t own any jewelry, but she always keeps a silver pocket watch in her pocket.

Started in: Philidelphia

Power: Do you ever wish you could just disappear? When things are getting rough or too tense or overwhelming, and you can’t see a way out, do you wish you could just…fade away into the background?

Yeah, Becky can do that. Literally.

To make a long, confusing story short, Becky can do what chameleons are most famed for doing; her skin can change color to make her blend in with her surroundings. And the “chameleon” bit is extremely important because not only can her skin change colors, but it becomes coated in tiny lizard scales whenever she does. Becky has limits, however; she can’t change colors consistently, one right after the other, and she has a hard time mimicking bright colors or unnatural patterns. Her forte lies in mimicking trees or underbrush or other natural settings. The scales that appear are exceptionally tough and leather-like in quality, so they act as a shield for her against punches or very blunt weapons. Guns and knives or the sort can easily hurt her, though. The point is her scales aren’t an impenetrable force field; they just add an extra layer of protection to her skin.

Becky’s color-changing abilities also are affected by her mood; when she’s not voluntarily trying to hide herself in a bush or on a wooden porch, Becky’s skin is usually its default color. When she’s serious or tense, which tends to be a majority of the time, her scales show and become a pale-grey color. Contentment is a light blue-grey, anger is purple, excitement is pure black, happiness is red, and so on and so forth. As you can see her colors can be misleading, which ends up throwing a lot of people off. Her mood-showing is completely out of her control.

Bio: Dammit, I dunno. She was an only child and was raised by her single mother. Can I just…edit this later?

Personality: Since this is, in fact, the 80s, I can say with certainty that Becky’s attitude towards white people is…well, that of caution and mistrust. She doesn’t hate white people; she just prefers not to be involved with them. Becky has, however, developed a familial bond with other “mutated humans” like herself, and that transcends racial boundaries. On the whole she’s a kind but firm woman, who stands up for herself, is calculating, and won’t back down from a fight. ‘Tis her feelings in a shellnut.

Equipment: A Swiss Army Knife; it freakin’ does everything, and it’s a prized possession next to the pocket watch.

Pepper spray; to keep the creeps away! Seriously, though, if you’re a woman who normally travels by herself, it’s an essential tool to have. Becky is no exception.

Mini-flashlight: one that’s tiny enough to fit in her pocket. She doesn’t have night vision, so it’s a huge help for when she’s wandering around outside at night.

Other: ….None?

Questions, comments, concerns, yadda yadda yadda...

Last edited by Agent 9 on Thu 13 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2012, 12:51 pm

If ya don't mind, Cynder, I'll have her start in Philidelphia instead, because Lone's starting in Philly and I'm gonna close out the starting places now.

But yeah, otherwise, accepted.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2012, 4:27 pm

If ya don't mind, Cynder, I'll have her start in Philidelphia instead, because Lone's starting in Philly and I'm gonna close out the starting places now.

But yeah, otherwise, accepted.

Whoo! Great. c:
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2012, 5:28 pm

Can we start yet?

canwecanwecanwe?
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2012, 8:38 pm

I don't have MY sheets done yet, and we only have like 4 people besides, so give it a day or two...

Also, there's only one person coming from Bulls Gap. That is bad. We simply don't have enough people to get this thing started.

Maybe I can get my boyfriend into RPing, who knows... Though he's a busy motherfucker...

MEANWHILE

Quote :
Name: Kyle McCorvael

Appearance: Jeans, t-shirt, flannel shirt over that, tennis shoes. Clothing wise, Kyle keeps it simple- he sees no need for all that “be in fashion” shit, if being in fashion in the 70’s and early 80’s means blatant breaches of color theory and showing off your chest hair. Kyle physically is the result of very Irish blood, his flaming orange hair long and unchecked down to the base of his neck, and a pair of blue eyes that scream mischief. He’s a pale boy, not particularly handsome, or particularly well-built, a result of a surprisingly soft upbringing despite being brought up in “some rural-ass town in Tennessee.”
His clothes and skin might be pale, but Kyle’s hair has always been his most noticeable feature, much to his annoyance.

Started in: Bull’s Gap, Tennessee
Power:

Bio: Nothing too special. Small-town Tennessee teenager, grew up on rock n’ roll and dreams of leaving his tiny town for the big cities. Specifically, Los Angeles. Something about it just felt like he was fated to go there.

Personality: Arrogant, brash, blunt, sharply witty, and incredibly vulgar is how Kyle rolls. Everyone he meets is a complete idiot until proven otherwise. He’s incredibly full of himself, as many teenage boys are, although he demonstrates this in trying to do very impossible things for people. It’s a bittersweet trait; his disrespectful tone is tempered by his ironically respectful actions. He’s always willing (and sometimes forces people to let him) give a hand to someone in need, whether it’s a kid getting the shit beaten out of them on the playground or an adult broke and drunk on the street.

You could suppose that Kyle has a highly naïve outlook, although he tries not to look like it. It’s the result of a small-town upbringing- everyone is his friend (despite everyone also being an idiot, but friends let friends know when something is stupid), and everyone could use his help.

Equipment: Kyle has a backpack full of clothes, and his wallet is in his back pocket with about five hundred dollars (Mom and Dad will understand). His backpack also has a razor and some shaving cream, and a few maps. He also has his JOURNAL and a few pens.

Other: His favorite band is Boston. So if you start talking about Boston, he’ll go all fanboy. Just sayin’.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 6:18 pm

Ideas for powers that I'm totes (giggle LOL) calling dibs on

-The ability to create and manipulate solid steel chains
-The ability to form vapor/mist/fog around oneself in considerable quantities
-The ability to adversely affect the weather with one's presence, although not through control. One would just cause snowstorms, blizzards, heat waves, etc.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 6:23 pm

Hey guys! I'm Ba-ack!!!

I'll definitely be joining this! It'll be a great place to port my characters from Break over.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 6:44 pm

Name: The Watcher (John Stonemason)

Appearance: The Watcher is about 6’2” and 200 pounds. His skin is a pale white for someone who's always in the sun, and his eyes are a cool colbalt blue. His hair is a solid, greasy black and flows like that of a rock star, though the military makes him wear a crew cut. He gets away with having a beard, though it's just black stubble. He is square-jawed, and a cigar is almost always hanging out of the right corner of his mouth. When home, he usually wears a pair of faded blue jeans with a white tee shirt, over which he wears a camouflage jacket with his name and the words "Ghost Squadron" written on it.

Started in: Philidelphia, Pennsylvania

Power: The Watcher has the power to leave his body and travel as a ghost, though it isn’t used much. In this form, he is nearly invisible, makes no noise, and can fly. Anything he tries to say while in this form is badly slurred to the point where all you hear is a terrifying “wooo!” He can phase through walls or objects in this form, though he can’t pick them up either, so don’t expect to see anything randomly floating through the halls when he’s nearby. Another benefit to his ghost power is that it gives him perfect night vision, he can see as clear as day in the darkest night.

Now for weaknesses. Firstly, there’s no exact time restriction for the Watcher’s ghost form, but because his soul is separated from his body in this form, the longer he stays in it, the less of a will to live he has. It’s kind of like how in The Road by Cormac McCarthy, they say that when you start to dream happy things, it means that you’ve given up. The feeling of being a soul running free is so great that you slowly begin to question why you stay alive and then just die. The longest The Watcher’s ever gone without basically losing his will to live is an hour or so, and that’s a stretch. Also, if you kill the Watcher’s body while he’s in ghost form, the ghost dies with it, making him rather vulnerable.

Bio: The Watcher was born on a farm in Eastern Maryland to a poor family. His father was a retired Army colonel who fought in WWII but got hit by recession and ended up becoming a farmer out of lack of jobs. His entire life, he taught Gabriel about justice and persistence and why no battle isn’t worth fighting. He told his son of the concentration camps that he liberated, of the deprived men and women whom the Nazis abused, and his final words after a drive by shooting took his life were “Don’t let it happen again”. Gabriel joined the Navy SAR soon after and was invited to be a part of BUD/S during the Vietnam War, where he received the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions in several battles against the Viet Cong. His “super special op” abilities made him a crucial part of his unit’s espionage and earned his unit the nickname “the Ghost Soldiers”.

He returned to the States, where he expected to be welcomed home with open arms, which couldn't be farther from the truth. When people found out he was a mutant, he was shunned, and was discharged from the military. His boss was too afraid of him to do anything about it. Now, he kind of aimlessly wanders the Eastern US, doing odd jobs and using his own means to protect mutants from lynchers and other things. He's earned the nickname "The Watcher", for his actions.

Personality: The Watcher is normally a quiet, mild-mannered young man. He likes to be kind to people, but he suffers from an extremely short fuse and a strong sense of justice. He can easily be angered by the slightest thing and is prone to bursting out on people. He’s a bit of a law freak as well. He’s one of those guys who will walk up to a 300 pound overweight African-American man who just littered and say “excuse me, sir, but you need to pick that up”. Considering that The Watcher has better fighting skills than most MMA fighters, though, he doesn’t really have to fear big scary vicious people. The Watcher is extremely mentally tough, remarkably brave, and persistent. Unfortunately, this sometimes gives him the “more balls than brains” conflict where he’ll run into fights that he can’t win based on his pride.

He is very, very religious as well. Now, for a man who kills lawbreakers for a living, this might be a little odd, but John believes that he has been sent on a mission by God to rid His world of evildoers. There are times, though, where the Watcher’s love of God and others gets the better of him and he won’t kill an enemy, especially if they have a good reason to be committing a crime, like they don’t have food to feed their families or they’re just a lost soul who doesn’t understand their evil. Unfortunately, if you’re not one of those people, God help you.

Equipment: John always carries a .44 magnum revolver and a switchblade. When he is actually fighting crime or rescuing a mutant, he carries a polished double-barrel shotgun. He also may or may not have a few frag grenades laying around his house, just in case.

Other: not much else, really. he enjoys steak, he doesn't watch movies much, and his favorite poem is "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 7:49 pm

I don't want to be rude, but some of his traits contradict themselves.

-Being quiet-mannered is pretty much the opposite of having a short-fused. You can be an introvert, maybe, but quiet-mannered requires a pretty long fuse.

-Being taught his entire life to fight the good fight and then being driven to suicide is an interesting idea, but it seems like he should either be nihilistic and broken, or have an adamant will to press on, not both. If he's grudgingly hanging on, that's different, but it seems like he'd have way less compassion for people if he did.

-There's the occasional compassion and obsessive compulsive attention to laws. I understand being merciful but it just seems weird.

-Where did he acquire better fighting skills than most MMA fighters? Being in a Ghost Squadron I'd assume he'd fall back on reconnaissance, camoflauge and scouting over up-close, intense combat. Experience from the Army, yeah, maybe a few takedown techniques, but having better unarmed fighting ability than someone who trains to beat the crap out of people for a living seems a little much.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 7:52 pm

Yeeeeeeaaah, Maxx, no.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:04 pm

I didn't get past the name, I'll be honest.

and... better than MMA fighters? really? that's... I don't know what to say. In terms of unarmed combatants you don't come higher than MMA fighters unless you're a monk living in a monastery, and there's a word for them. It's grandmaster. Being a grandmaster is not a choice in this RP.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:12 pm

I was thinking of a another character... a guy with the power to generate "emotional flames" like fire that has different effects depending on the emotion he's feeling.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:13 pm

Yeeeeeeaaah, Maxx, no.

why? what's wrong with The Watcher?

hello to you too shade.

fine, I'll fix him...
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:14 pm

Yeah, I'm making a new character... any ideas?

Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

Someone who can ignore pain and strain on his muscles for a short period of time, so that he can seemingly have super-strength (although not really, just super-endurance, and than any muscles he's pulled are pulled when he comes down)
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:20 pm

sounds like Raphael from the Freaks on Roleplex.

anyone here do electricity? I could port damien over here. or Edgar from Break, who can create energy shields that are kinda like bulletproof glass.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:20 pm

that could be pretty awesome, and would be an AMAZING foil for my guy.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:23 pm

Ok. I'm down to edgar or carolina. both have (mostly) defensive powers.

edgar: can make energy shields that are kinda like bulletproof glass.

carolina: skin turns into adamantium.

make note that Carol's skin can still be pierced relatively easily and Edgar's shields have a time limit and are bulletproof, but not damage-proof (you could slash through it with a knife).
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:28 pm

screw it, I'll make a new character.

sorry im double posting so much. sporum moves faster than this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next