WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)

Go down 
+6
Szemetlada
Admiral Ji
Celo The Impossible
Mr Allen J
Patches
The Illusive Badger
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 1:43 pm

Outsider's note: Id love to see how some of these powers, like Shade's, are mutations.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 1:44 pm

Durandal wrote:
Outsider's note: Id love to see how some of these powers, like Shade's, are mutations.

Uhhh, what do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 1:46 pm

Op specifies mutants. Inhabiting objects rather than your own body is rather hard to flavor as a mutation.

Not bashing anything mind you. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 2:38 pm

Uhh...er...mutation...

I'll be entirely honest with you, I have absolutely no idea how that could manifest itself as a superpower, barring some form of hallucinogenic substance being applied to the car that causes the same hallucination in everyone that touches it. Somehow.

Yeah. I concede. Normally I can back mine up with pseudoscience, but I've no way to spin May's ability as science.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 5:13 pm

Name- Because I'm bad at names, lets go with Aaron Douglas. again.

Age- 25-ish, though problems with his memory mean that it's impossible for him to be entirely sure.

Power- Massively enhanced regenerative ability for all cells in his body, which results in higher rates of muscle growth due to the faster process of tearing and building up muscles, as well as higher sensitivity to pain due, in part, to his body actively trying to heal while he is being damaged, resulting in an infinite cycle of damage and pain, and also the constant repair of nerves stopping normal wear and tear from reducing nerve sensitivity. Regrowth of damaged brain cells messes with his synapses and can cause minor or significant memory loss, personality changes, and mental illnesses, depending on the situation. Anything which would impede his physical abilities or cause his death(such as messing with his ability to breath, stopping him from using his legs, etc.) is immediately corrected(so long as it is caused by the regrowth and not the immediate damage, in the case of death). His skin appears unblemished and perfect, though his skin,despite being naturally pale, is far darker than is normal, even in Africa, due to excessive melanin response to sunlight.
The increased rate of cellular replication and repair results in him using energy far faster and having an optimized digestive system, and he has to eat at minimum three times what a normal person would, and has been known to eat an entire deer in a matter of days.

appearance- He has well toned muscles and incredibly dark skin, almost black in coloration, blue eyes, and a shock of raged blond hair. His clothes are ripped, and show signs of once having been a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. He has an ever-present dark green bag, which he has spent a fair amount of time repairing due to the practicality of the instrument, as well as a small quiver that he stores his arrows on hanging from a belt around his waist.

I am incredibly bad at descriptions.

Bio- His memories prior to somewhere around age 6 or 7 are hazy and intermittent, possibly due to significant brain damage near the end of this period. All he knows for sure is that he woke up one day in the woods, and spent the next several years fending for himself. He has managed to make the occasional successful trip into small towns, though they often end badly, and on occasion found someone willing to teach him, and as such is capable of reading and writing well despite having no formal education. He spends a lot of time in the wild because his appearance makes his mutation readily apparent, and any public place quickly devolves into a riot.

Equipment- A double bladed knife, one side serrated the other smooth, and a hand-crafted bow with three arrows. He also has a number of journals he has long since taken to recording his experiences in, due to his tendency to forget things. He also hras a large collection of food stuffs- primarily high fat, high protein foods, including beans, peanut butter, freeze-dried jerky, salted venison, and anything else he finds that will keep.

Starting location- Tied to a chain link fence outside a small town. I'm not gonna pick a starting location because it's kind of up to whoever bumps into him first.

Personality- If I had to pick one word to describe him, I'd chose "dependent." If I had another, I would choose "Skittish." The intense levels of pain that even the smallest wounds cause him have resulted in an equally intense fear of pain, and the isolation he has felt for most of his life has resulted in both an "I don't need you" mistrustful attitude that becomes almost puppy like in terms of the levels of devotion he throws on those around him. His formative years may have involved contact with children, but he can't remember it, and beyond that the most he's had is a few months, total, with a few kind people. He would follow you into the gaping maw of hell itself if you showed him a little bit of kindness.

Oh, and Shade? Nice sig.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 5:29 pm

Durandal wrote:

So there's a standard as for what counts as a "mutation" or a "superpower" now? Kindly take that attitude the fuck out of here.

Also, Joural is accepted, lemme add that to the list...
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 5:33 pm

Excuse me for making what honestly amounted to a joke, friend. Mutation has certain implications is all. I apologize for riling you so thoroughly. I shall take my leave then.

Last edited by Durandal on Thu 06 Dec 2012, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 5:36 pm

Durandal wrote:
Excuse me for making what honestly amounted to a joke, friend. Mutation has certain implications is all. I apologize for riling you so thoroughly.

Looks like you rustled his jimmies.

*gigglesnort*

...Okay, gonna go sit and think about that sheet, now...
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 6:50 pm

POWER IDEA, YEAAAAAH.

Time to get to work. 83
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:28 pm

Durandal wrote:
Excuse me for making what honestly amounted to a joke, friend. Mutation has certain implications is all. I apologize for riling you so thoroughly. I shall take my leave then.

In his defense it appeared that you were being serious.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 9:45 pm

Shade wrote:
Agent 9 wrote:
Shade wrote:
Cyndaaaahhhhh. Haven't seen you around the Sporum lately, 'tis a shame.

Yeaaah, I kinda took an unintentional hiatus from there.

I've been liking that place a lot less, recently...

Glad to see this thing is up, though. c:

Agreed. I'm thinking I might quit Chromosome, it's just mind-numbingly irritating now.

Y'know what? I think I'll do that, too. I've been considering it over the last few weeks.

I don't wanna seem like I'm following you out, because that's only...half-true, so I guess I should wait until-

Nope. No. Now's a good time.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 11:02 pm

*high five*

You know what, I was a little sad at first, and I really had to fight down the urge to point out that they didn't check the blood types before transfusing, or measure how much blood was being transfused, let alone use blood from a creature that is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM A HUMAN.

I think I'll move past it quite nicely, once I manage to repress the now reflexive urge to die inside upon their posts. My only real guilt is over leaving cav and Lone in there.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 10:45 am

Yeah, I agree that was pretty ridiculous. The only reason why I didn't say anything about it was because I expected as much from Maxx, and I really don't care.

However, I'll be staying in CZ for the time being, and I talked to Cav about it and he'll also be staying there.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 7:32 pm

Honestly, I had just reached a point where I had stopped reading everyone else's posts...out of sheer disinterest, not gonna lie...okay, I read Silent's and Cav's and Lone's but yougetthepoint.. I couldn't tell where the hell the plot was going, anymore. At least I managed to make some major developments to Phobius while I was there...

Lone and Cav, I salute your endurance and courage. *salutes*

Now that I have actual ideas as to where I'm going with this-my poor character's life is sucking, so far-I can keep working on that sheet and be proud of it. |3

Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 7:36 pm

Agent 9 wrote:
I read Silent's and Cav's and Lone's but yougetthepoint..

Because we're so fresh. Cool

Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 7:47 pm

Lord_Lonestar wrote:
Agent 9 wrote:
I read Silent's and Cav's and Lone's but yougetthepoint..

Because we're so fresh. Cool

Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 9:28 pm

It's good to see we're all entirely on task here.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 9:45 pm

Joural wrote:
It's good to see we're all entirely on task here.

You bet your sweet bippy we are! 8D
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm

... what, exactly, is a bippy?

and do we have enough people to get started yet? I find char sheets comein faster when they're like "I'm missing things!"
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 11:32 am

Joural wrote:
... what, exactly, is a bippy?

When in doubt; use Urban Dictionary
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 8:15 pm

I don't think I'm going to be able to get that sheet in, sorry. >3<; Just, I won't be as active on the computer from now on, and I don't want to make you all wait for me, lol. If it turns out that by the time I do finish it you guys are still looking for sheets, I'll submit it, but I just wanted to let you know that I probably won't make it, sorry!
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 10:44 pm

Hey Turt, is this good for a power?

Quote :
Power: Do you ever wish you could just disappear? When things are getting rough or too tense or overwhelming, and you can’t see a way out, do you wish you could just…fade away into the background?

Yeah, Becky can do that. Literally.

No, not invisibility, silly. To make a long, confusing story short, Becky can do what chameleons are most famed for doing; her skin can change color to make her blend in with her surroundings. And the “chameleon” bit is extremely important because not only can her skin change colors, but it becomes coated in tiny lizard scales whenever she does. Becky has limits, however; she can’t change colors consistently, one right after the other, and she has a hard time mimicking bright colors or unnatural patterns. Her forte lies in mimicking trees or underbrush or other natural settings. The scales that appear are exceptionally tough and leather-like in quality, so they act as a shield for her against punches or very blunt weapons. Guns and knives or the sort can easily hurt her, though. The point is, her scales aren’t an impenetrable force field; they just add an extra layer of protection to her skin.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 9:46 pm

Agent 9 wrote:
Hey Turt, is this good for a power?

Quote :
Power: Do you ever wish you could just disappear? When things are getting rough or too tense or overwhelming, and you can’t see a way out, do you wish you could just…fade away into the background?

Yeah, Becky can do that. Literally.

No, not invisibility, silly. To make a long, confusing story short, Becky can do what chameleons are most famed for doing; her skin can change color to make her blend in with her surroundings. And the “chameleon” bit is extremely important because not only can her skin change colors, but it becomes coated in tiny lizard scales whenever she does. Becky has limits, however; she can’t change colors consistently, one right after the other, and she has a hard time mimicking bright colors or unnatural patterns. Her forte lies in mimicking trees or underbrush or other natural settings. The scales that appear are exceptionally tough and leather-like in quality, so they act as a shield for her against punches or very blunt weapons. Guns and knives or the sort can easily hurt her, though. The point is, her scales aren’t an impenetrable force field; they just add an extra layer of protection to her skin.

Sounds cool so far.

MataRahi wrote:
I don't think I'm going to be able to get that sheet in, sorry. >3<; Just, I won't be as active on the computer from now on, and I don't want to make you all wait for me, lol. If it turns out that by the time I do finish it you guys are still looking for sheets, I'll submit it, but I just wanted to let you know that I probably won't make it, sorry!

Baw
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2012, 6:39 pm

I'm liking the power, Cynder. Hmm. I think octopi can also change color at will, if I'm remembering correctly. If you wanted a different take on the power, that could work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next