WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

DnD and other such things

Go down 
+4
Surprise
Admiral Ji
Snowy
Diamondback
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

DnD and other such things  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 5:24 pm

Go right ahead.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 5:28 pm

Thank.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 5:28 pm

Just list off anything you do and I'll run it into a character sheet.

http://www.asmor.com/scripts/4eAbilityScores/index.php

Use that for stats.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 5:32 pm

So, what is the range of our stats? Or are you doing that?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

The thing I just linked to. It will tell you if you went over budget. Stats don't start over 18 before racial adjustments though. Throw out your stat block once you have it.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 6:26 pm

STR:11
CON:15
DEX:11
INT:15
WIS:17
CHA:11

Dwarf wizard.
Fuck yeah.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 6:46 pm

I might suggest taking some from your wisdom or con, so you have at least 16 intelligence. 15 is +2 to hit and damage, 16 is +3.

So finish your wizard making, and tell me your implement mastery option, the two level one rituals you chose, and your powers.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 6:49 pm

Implement mastery? Rituals? Where do I find those in the handbook?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 6:51 pm

Under wizard.

You have the book entitled player's handbook right? Or do you have something like... Heroes of Fallen Lands? If you have that last one I'm sorry, but we don't use that book round here in 'hese parts, boy.

If you do have player's handbook 1, you'll be looking under page 157. Rituals are located on page 296
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 6:57 pm

My advice would to get rid of those elevens. They don't do you any good because of how stat modifiers are rounded, so they just waste points. You can raise at least something by one if you drop the elevens down to tens, and potentially more if you drop one stat down to 8 or 9 (which you can only do once).
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 8:12 pm

You know, if you want to have high con and wisdom, there's two druid builds specifically for that.

Either way, if that's your finalized statblock, tell me and I'll jot it down while you make your other choices.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 10:13 pm

I think I'll remake it.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 10:20 pm

Well okay. Give me it when you finish. Along with trained skills, your powers, and the implement thing.

You don't need to worry about rituals if you don't want to. You probably won't find the components to fire one off during the one-shot.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 10:26 pm

Powers?!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

Powers is the catch all term I use for what as a wizard are your spells.

A fighter gets them too but the book calls them 'exploits' so I just say powers.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 10:41 pm

Ah. So, dailies and encounters and at-wills.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013, 10:48 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013, 12:32 am

STR:10
CON:15
DEX:13
INT:17
WIS:16
CHA:10

How many of each type can I choose? Like, two at-wills, two encounters, and one daily?
It's two trained skills, right?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013, 1:02 am

James is also rolling a dwarf. Just so you know.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013, 1:30 am

Shoud I change it?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013, 1:35 am

Almost all of your answers can be gained by actually reading the book /snark

2 at-wills

1 encounter

BECAUSE YOU ARE A WIZARD!!! (Don't think this is normal) You get two dailies. But you'll only be allowed one per level per day, if that makes sense. You get two level 1 dailies, but you can only prepare ahead of time one of them. But you have two options. This process repeats each level that gives dailies.

Race doesn't matter.

It is more than two. Because as someone with a book, I want to teach you instead of doing it for you, look on the class page, near skills, it will tell you how many you get. Do not subtract arcana from this number, as arcana is free, then you get X number of skills to be trained in. I think the number is three for a wizard but I am unsure, so check.

And make sure I get the implement option.

You'll also need to pick feats, and you have 100 gold to spend on starting equipment.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013, 3:34 am

For my At-Wills, I'll use: Magic Missile and Scorching Burst.
For my Encounter, I'll use Chill Strike.
For my dailies, I pick Sleep and Freezing Cloud.
I will train in Arcana, History, and Nature.
For my implement, I use a Wand of Accuracy (right?)
For my rituals, I take Comprehend Language, Silence, and Animal Messenger.
For my Feat, I take Expanded Spellbook, and for the additional Daily I take Flaming Sphere.
I purchase Cloth Armor, a Grappling Hook, Standard Adventurer's kit, a Chain (10 foot), and a tent.
As a Dwarf, I get a +2 to Dungeoneering and Endurance.
My name is Gardathin Travok, and I am a proud, independent dwarf wizard who don't need no height.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013, 4:11 am

You get one more skill. 3 skills, with arcana as a bonus.

I want to remind you, you might have three dailies, but you'll only cast one per day, or even have ready per day. Just making sure you understand that.

Also magic missile has been eratta'd, if that changes your choice of at will. It now does a solid 3+int mod damage, and it never misses. So you'd currently just declare "He takes six damage"

You don't want wand of accuracy. Look at your Dex bonus.

To calculate modifiers, take the stat, subtract ten, and divide by two rounding down. As your Dex is 13, that's only a once per encounter plus 1 to an attack roll.

I'd also like to note you've spent way too many stat points. Try that again using the calculator. The costs per point do change depending on that stat's value. :p If you remove the not honestly helpful 17 down to 16, you can make the statblock work though.

Check your pms for your character sheet as you have given it to me, barring the stat correction I made so that it was within requirements.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013, 11:23 am

Thanks, boss.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013, 2:36 pm

Would you like anything changed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD and other such things    DnD and other such things  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DnD and other such things
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: