WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread

Go down 
+10
Snowy
Admiral Ji
Phoden
€rim
BBeast
Mr Allen J
Patches
Surprise
Element
Fatman Cavalier
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Jun 2013, 10:41 am

He was following traces of magic from your rather impressive displays of power. The closer he got, the more clear the direction became, but one in bay bulls all he felt was the magic coming from the harbor and sea.

Blee!
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm

Amaranth, hopefully within three more of my posts with Entilon he'll have taken the first of the villages that Ordine stumbled across. After that, I plan on fast-forwarding a few days. During that time, Entilon might allow his followers to get some rest, thoroughly search whatever buildings he doesn't totally raze, and maybe finish up pillaging the nearby farms before moving on to the second town.

I say this because I just now realized that all of our characters fell from the sky at roughly the same time, and very little time has passed with Entilon. So for the sake of not defying the Space-Time Continuum, please don't have Ordine or any of her minions find out anything about Entilon or any of his doings until I've gotten a little bit farther along with his plot.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Jun 2013, 4:55 am

Well, the sewers weren't very big, so Khazid'hea's logical leap has taken him directly into Davy Jones' Dungeon.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2013, 9:16 pm

So, something happens with my character and the whole thread decides to go to sleep. :/
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2013, 10:35 pm

oh um

I got distracted by school

give me a day, and I'll post.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 12:39 am

OK. Real life is a priority.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 12:42 am

that priority IS temporarily subverted, however.

Now, I just have to work on setting up 5-10 maps for FO:E:PNP and prepare a set of NPCs and that sort of thing.

BLUH COMBAT AREA AND NON-HOSTILE NPCs WITH WHOM THE PCs HAVE HISTORY

WHY IS STARTING A CAMPAIGN SO HARD?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 7:52 am

I would post except that I am so far behind on everything, I'm not sure whether or not any of the others' posts affect me, and if not, I still have to make a post that sums up everything during my absence. Obviously, that might not work out very well.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2013, 2:10 am

@Jester, just continue normally. Nobody has done anything which directly affects you or influences your area.

@cursivewrit, I suppose because it is a bit like writing a story but more complex since you have to cover every likely outcome and course of events.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2013, 2:33 am

[Pops in from no where because he reads everything]: That's actually the worst thing you can do. Nothing infuriates a PC more than knowing he is following a flowchart of outcomes. I would know, I normally am one. What you do is throw a framework together, and figure out how each NPC would likely act, then just let things happen.

'Course, I also personally find starting games to be easy, so Joural and I probably have different methods there too.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 3:56 am

OK, specific interactions should be free-flowing. I was thinking more large-scale, in terms of the entire story/campaign/plot. Which, I suppose, wasn't exactly the context, so my bad.
Although, at the same time, if the interactions are important to the grand scheme of things you would probably want to be able to limit the outcomes in some way to be ones you can handle. Otherwise I imagine that might become troublesome.

In other news, the IC is still stagnating.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 10:23 am

I'm with Ji, the problem is how many characters I need to come up with, in addition to putting together a challenge that they can both survive and realize they can't win, so as to force them from the vault.

I'm building essentially a throw away town, with a couple dozen PCs and a ton of desecrated corpses and such, and raiders that are invading.  I'm building characters to be ready for them to interact with them, but I know at most three are going to be seen, unless Woofie manages to take control of the directions they go(for instance, I think I'm gonna have about five officers barricaded into the armory, trying to defend it).
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun 2013, 3:41 am

cursiveWrit wrote:
that priority IS temporarily subverted, however.

Now, I just have to work on setting up 5-10 maps for FO:E:PNP and prepare a set of NPCs and that sort of thing.

BLUH COMBAT AREA AND NON-HOSTILE NPCs WITH WHOM THE PCs HAVE HISTORY

WHY IS STARTING A CAMPAIGN SO HARD?
?

Did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun 2013, 3:44 am

Nothing happened pertaining to this RP. Unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2013, 3:42 am

Oh, and I'm going away soon, so if I don't get a response by tomorrow I can't reply for another week.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul 2013, 8:41 pm

So this really is dead, then?
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 2:17 am

I hope not, but it seems we are losing interest and activity to a lethal degree.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2013, 10:52 am

Hey BBeast, you still there?
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013, 2:16 am

Of course.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Jul 2013, 6:54 pm

Well, I hate to lose hope but it looks like this RP is dead, and there aren't really any others on this forum that I'm interested in joining. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013, 12:13 am

I was planning on fading away shamefully but you guys really deserve straightforwardness. This is it: I, like I imagine a bunch of you, have lost interest in this. I know that it is my fault. It's already hard to play a role with such management demands, not to mention the endless rules and guidelines. I started us off too slowly, too handicapped, and too limited by what I though a while ago was a brilliant plot twist. The story got in the way of having any sort of fun, and that me down. I was never cut out for making and running things...I'm a follower by nature, you see, not a leader. Anyhoo, you all have been fantastic, and if a more worthy man wishes to make a better Dungeon Keepers with a fresh, vigorous start, I might try and redeem myself by making a humble contribution. I'm sorry, really.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013, 1:45 am

Well, at least you told us. It was nice roleplaying with you. I hope to do it again some time. If I have time, that is.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013, 11:13 pm

Well, I wouldn't call myself more worthy than cav, but I might attempt to migrate DK once more to another forum. There just wasn't enough interest here. Maybe running a RP will push me to actually improve my writing and with some actual planning I think I could get a solid plot, so the idea is worth a shot. If I ever do get DK going somewhere else, I'll post a link here.

Until then, I'll hopefully see you guys around on here.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jul 2013, 5:12 am

I personally think the human start twist was a good idea, although evidently many people don't share my enthusiasm in management and long-term plans. Perhaps making it easier to return to full Keeper-like power would help. Maybe fragments of the Iocinor, imbued with residual energy, were scattered around the world along with the Keepers. These fragments would contain enough power to restore a Keeper to their avatar, although their power would be that of a new Keeper. It would also allow further developments. What happens if humans get their hands on these fragments? Would it be possible to reconstruct the Iocinor if enough fragments were collected? Quite a fair bit of potential there.

Cav, what were your plans? You must have had plans.
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jul 2013, 12:47 pm

My plans were that, after a few centuries of regaining lost power, the skies turn red and the Keepers find out that the Ripper has grown vast enough to threaten Earth. Faced with another apocalypse from which there is no escape, they can choose to try and destroy the Ripper by taking an uneasy alliance and facing it down together. I thought that the Four Horsemen would be scattered across the world, weak and not really interested in ending another, but they would ironically come together and spearhead the Keeper alliance to save the Earth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next