WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Deceptive Ambition

Go down 
+11
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Shade
Surprise
Rachel
Zorthax
Deoxyspine
brendan
Admiral Ji
andavocados
Patches
Snowy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 5:30 pm

not in gen 3, I don't think... whatever. I wasn't gonna choose lileep anyways. I'm conflicted. treecko, snivy, or turtwig?

Yeah, I'm a grass lover. deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 5:31 pm

Flinching isn't the intention, it's more laying the hurt on everything. With STAB.

Motif, theme, basically, one color that your outfit mostly consists of.

I don't like most grass types, but when I do, it's Turtwig, Tropius, and Lileep's lines.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 5:37 pm

True that.

I like using something with Serene Grace + Kings Rock + a flinching move.

It makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:02 pm

Name: Lloyd Mantis
Sex: Male
Appearance: He sports brown, mid-length unkempt hair that lays where it falls when he awakens, thankfully atleast kept clean from random debris, and always pushed to the sides of his head, to keep it out of his brightish green eyes. He's for the most part, fairly pale, though he shows hints of a farmer's tan. He's fairly skinny and weak, not at all muscled. In terms of height and weight, he's fairly average in height, and slightly below average in weight, but certianly within healthy ranges.

Clothing wise, he wears what he has put together and will hence forth call, his pokemon master uniform. A white T-shirt, which would be cheaply replaced incase of mishaps, a fairly bright green over shirt, with several different pockets, to help him moderate his temp, and store things, simple olive drab camo cargo pants, a belt with numerous pouches, both of which also to store things, and simple white socks and black running shoes. Of course, as a prequisite of any pokemon trainer, he has a green backpack, and more importantly, sage green fingerless gloves.
Personality: Generally speaing, he’s mostly introverted, and more one to think before he acts. Though he is fine with company, he is slow to attempt to make friends, and usually responds to people in a non-caring manner, due to his being unsure if he likes them. He can be easily infuriated, and when he is infuriated, he tends to act much more rashly, obviously.
Pokemon: Lileep!
Poke'dex: Green, with the buttons being patterned with the same circles on a Cradily.
History: Born and raised in the wonderful town, of Mossdeep, he didn’t exactly have much chance to get around, and see the world. He did however, get the lovely privilege of letting his single mom raise him at home, his dad having left before he was born. He was, thankfully, financially supported well enough by his mom’s job at the space centre, though it kept her away from home a lot, and had her focus a lot on her job, which left Lloyd much time to himself, where he discovered a great interest in books. Especially considering that there was little to actually do, in the quaint little town of Mossdeep, laden with… being a small island community, with the only main attraction being the fishing, maybe, and the gym. Swimming however, was exceedingly dangerous, to his understanding, due to the mere presence of Sharpedo in the water.

A year ago he’d heard of the give away of pokemon, and hoping very hard that it would happen again, he began to beg his mother to let him go. After all, he was 14, and he didn’t even have a pokemon yet! Eventually, his mother caved, and opted to pay for him to go, and start his adventure in Kanto. She figured he might have been safe there, and at least he’d get to live his life, and maybe… be a great pokemon trainer like his father was.
Other:

Terrible sheet, ho!
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Accepted terrible sheet, ho!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

[guitar riff][/guitar riff.] Well, with that done.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:21 pm

I think Sawsbuck's appearance should change with the weather, like Hail and Sunny Day n' shit.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:23 pm

Mine's coming, it really is... I just have work to do tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:24 pm

No pressure.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:33 pm

Personality, smershinality. I'm gonna take a bit longer to deal with that bit...
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

Had to google its name. I thought I posted this earlier, but I must not have: normally I don't do Pokemon RP's, but I figured I 'd step out of my comfort zone for once and try something new. Keep in mind I haven't played these games in years, so my ignorance is likely going to be a massive black void sucking the life out of this RP. So really, no difference.

Name: Mason

Sex: Male

Appearance:

Mason has a runner's build, standing at around 5'6 with lean muscle, the faintest of stubble sprouted across his cheeks and chin, a faint mustache arching over his cracked and chapped lips. His eyes are an eerie green, peering out from behind dark brown hair. His hair is shaggy and messy, coming down to right over his eyes, halfway down his neck at the back. He's fairly tan, and his clothes are in varying states of worn-ness. His shoes seem to have the soles simply walked right through, his pants legs look as if they are going to crumble away if they are moved around any more; his jacket's pockets saggy and stretched from hands resting in them for very long, long amounts of time.

Mason is almost always standing, which he does with a very slight hunch. He has some acne on his face, but nothing too bad, and his eyes are rather bloodshot. Not very noticeable, behind the hair. Typically he wears a yellow sweatshirt, perhaps for visibility, and blue jeans, littered with holes and gaps from where's fallen or perhaps run through the brush. His shoes, worn old running shoes, are held together by duct tape, hope, and more duct tape, him often having to remove a layer to take them off. He ALWAYS wears a belt, and usually some form of gloves, fingerless or otherwise.

Personality:

Mason just...isn't good with people. His conversations end awkwardly. His sense of humor is completely alien, where people see sadness, he finds happiness. I'm not trying to build a completely miserable character here: The thing is, he's HAPPIER by himself. He prefers loneliness, or, if he must travel with someone, someone who is as close to being mute as possible. He just prefers to let his mind wander, and loves nature. He's gone through many pairs of clothes taking off at a run, running around the town, the woods around the town, through the woods, past the woods, then back through them again. There is no greater joy for him than traversing somewhere he hasn't been, stopping and listening to the wildlife, letting his eyes devour the scenery around him.

When it comes to relationships, Mason can be a bit difficult. He tries to be as honest as possible, keeping secrets when he can, but he has difficulty expressing what he thinks without being brutal. He also isn't very good at communicating, thinking that he can't screw something up if he never speaks, which hasn't exactly worked wonders so far. But it's what is comfortable for him, so he keeps doing it.

He tries to stop bullying, but he's so quiet and shy that often times he'll let it happen if it keeps him from speaking up. Deathly afraid of public speaking, he's rather paranoid of putting his trust in someone but is overly clingy when he does.

Pokemon:

A Sableye.

Poke'dex: Not exactly sure.

History: Damn you, Pachem. I honestly have no idea. Give me some time if you really need this?

Other: Good runner.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

Name: Cornell Winrock
Sex: Male (plz)
Appearance: Standing in at slightly above average for his age, Cornell actually has a pretty pedestrian look about him, one could say. He has relatively short, brown hair, not even half way down the back of his neck, and with practically no bangs to speak of. His side burns are kept short, and his hair is normally pretty messy in appearance, though he does do his best to keep it clean. His skin is slightly tanned, at least from the parts of his body that he shows to others. His build is quite athletic actually, with a fairly decent size given his age and body. His eyes are an exuberant shade of green, and tend to be quite noticeable when he wears darker colors. He doesn't seem to have any blemishes upon his face, but he does have a small scar on the left side of his forehead, running from the center and almost to his eyebrow.

His usual attire is normally pretty red dominant, as are most of his clothes, but most of them aren't very loud variations on the color. Normally he has on a dark red, short sleeved vest with a grey sleeves that reach out to where his arm bends at the elbow, which is actually something he's practically known for wearing where he's from, even if isn't the most appealing color mix. Under the vest is a plain black grey shirt, which he normally has untucked, the sleeves being shorter then those on the vest. His usual pants are a blue jeans that have a worn look about them, and in the left pocket hangs a small pokeball key chain, which is, of course, not real. The jeans have a faded appearance, and the area near the feet are a tad brown, from dirt stains, and tattered slightly to boot. Upon his feet are most peculiar thing, if not a tad silly and unmatching, but he wears a pair of rusty red boots, making them look more brown then actually red. There aren't an spurs on the boots, but they do have a funny, white stitching, and are in fact, actual boots, like a cowboy might wear. Finally, the last bit of his outfit is completed by a red and white baseball cap which sits ever so softly upon his head, the bridge of its front looking slightly tattered, since he'd gotten the thing when he was 5, and a hand-me-down at that.
Personality: Cornell is as he sort of looks, cool and sort of lazy in a way. He isn't particularly motivated with work of any kind, often trying to find ways out of such things, but he loves playing games with friends and being active... so long as it isn't work. He can be pretty serious about something when he actually puts his mind to it though, but that's probably just because he does his best to get through those sort of things that actually require him to, as fast as possible. Cornell has always had a pretty friendly nature towards pokemon, but he has never really tried befriending any that didn't already belong to his family, which also made him slightly question ever becoming a trainer himself. When it really gets down to his determination though, he won't stop at something he enjoys until its completely done, and won't cut corners to finish it either, but when it isn't something he fancies much, he does try taking the straightest and quickest path to the end.
Pokemon: Archen!!
Poke'dex: Rusty red in coloration, with almost sky blue bright edges on the body of the Poke'dex.
History: Born and raised most of his life on a ranch out in the Johto Region, near Olivine City. Cornell had seen quite a number of pokemon by time he was 6, but he didn't really know much of the region he lived in outside of the few trips he'd taken to Olivine. He only had one other sibling, but by the time he was born, his older brother was already gone on his own pokemon adventure. From an early age though, Cornell's dislike for work shined through as he often attempted to skip out on helping around the ranch, hiding himself away in good fun, though his parents rarely ever saw it as 'fun'. Both of them were trainers at some point in their childhoods, and tried their best to teach Cornell to be one as well, just as his older brother was when he as a child, but Cornell just thought of it as more work, and did his best to avoid it. That said though, he had befriended some of the pokemon of the ranch, like the Rapidash, which had been part of his father's team back in the day, and some of the other work pokemon. He was never to popular with the Tauros though, thanks to his choice of colors...

Time passed for Cornell and he grew older, yet his attitude still retained its almost childish disdain for work. He did grow to enjoy learning of pokemon though, but it wasn't something he really thought of putting to much time into, and didn't even think to set out for a pokemon when he turned 12, but this had mostly been caused by an accident that happened to him when he was 7. He was trying to help his father get the pokemon in out of a bad rainstorm one night, when a sudden flash and loud crash of thunder spooked the old Rapidash they had, ending with him getting a very glancing blow to the head from its back foot, but given the pokemon in question, that glancing blow was more then enough to knock out and severally injuring the young boy. It was the event that left him with that scar on his forehead, as well as leaving a very small fear inside of him at the power of a mad or scared pokemon. Still though, his interests shifted once more after his thirteenth birthday, when he actually considered leaving off on his own pokemon journey. He probably would've have decided on it if not for the return of his brother within that year, full of stories and a team of powerful pokemon from various regions around the world. Filled with a splendor and curiosity his parent's had never seen in him before, the young lad finally decided that he'd have his own pokemon adventure! Though, he still wasn't sure how he would get started with it at all, and his mind raced with possibilities. He had hopped to take a fresh pokemon from their ranch to start with, but his parents had already arranged something different for him, something they thought would be a better experience, and on his 14th birthday, informed him of it. Cornell hadn't been to fond on it though, at the start that was, but over the course of the following month, it certainly grew on him, which was good since he couldn't exactly have backed out by then. With a pocket of money, a backpack with supplies, and a ticket for Kanto, the young lad set off with a wave and hug goodbye to his parents and brother. He believed that nothing could surely go wrong as he walked down the pier at Olivine city, ready to board the ship bound for Kanto...
Other: Archen is SO ADORABLE!

Another crap sheet, happy day!
Back to top Go down
Deoxyspine
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 7:47 pm

I feel guilty for not having a complete sheet yet... >_>
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 8:32 pm

I'll start my sheet after dinner and homework.

And it once again comes down to LITWICK/JOLTIK AUGH
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:03 pm

TOGEPI!!!

Ok... History is the only problem currently, I will have my sheet finished within the next decent time frame that is considered acceptable. So about 47 minutes, to an hour and twelve. or to be more general, as soon as I become inspired.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:12 pm

NIDORAN! I'm old school, I don't know what half of these new ones do, lol... Shade, we shall blunder through this together!

Alternately, Magikarp. Wait. I should totally do that.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:17 pm

Alaska, you have to take magikarp. If you name your character Jared, and go around with a magikarp/gyarados named Mr. Fish, you will be my hero.

And Amon-Ra, I think I might hate you. I lost to Cynthias Togekiss too many times to feel happy at all when I see that thing. But hey, if you want it, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:24 pm

(googles) Hehehehe. Actually, I was thinking about Bob and Gill (also a reference), although I did just go to the trouble of picking out a Japanese name (or at least, a name I mined out of an anime, so close enough for our purposes).

Patches, can I please pick up a Nidoran later so I'm not useless? (sad puppy eyes)
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:30 pm

I love Togepi! it is like... Death in a shell of cuteness. Though I hate Milotic more than any other Pokemon, just too damn beautiful.

Cnidoderms!
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 7:51 am

Jac, accepted. Shade, if you want to do only one paragraph for the history... you may.

AlaskanWyvern wrote:
(googles) Hehehehe. Actually, I was thinking about Bob and Gill (also a reference), although I did just go to the trouble of picking out a Japanese name (or at least, a name I mined out of an anime, so close enough for our purposes).

Patches, can I please pick up a Nidoran later so I'm not useless? (sad puppy eyes)
I encourage you - Nidoking is bad ass.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:10 am

You can never go wrong with Nidoking! Unless your enemy happens to have a Starmie, then you can go very wrong...
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:16 am

Thunderbolt + life orb + Sheer Force

Unless you die in one hit.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 9:51 am

A well placed Earthquake'll take one out though, like if it's from a Camerupt (Speaking of... would finding a numel be at all possible?).
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

Yeah, true day. You may be able to find a Numel in Cinnibar. Or in that craggy looking terrain between Pewter and Mt. Moon.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 10:14 am

Patches wrote:
Jac, accepted. Shade, if you want to do only one paragraph for the history... you may.

AlaskanWyvern wrote:

I encourage you - Nidoking is bad ass.

Lol, I accidentally hit the edit button on Patches' post. Hehehe.

It will probably be the first thing I do, if I can figure out how to catch one with Splash. Neutral

My in-game Nidoking has Megahorn, Dig, Water Pulse, and Hyper Beam. He pretty much takes out anything (except for that first trainer in the Elite 4. She's a pain.)

Last edited by AlaskanWyvern on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deceptive Ambition   Deceptive Ambition - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deceptive Ambition
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next