WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2014, 9:09 am

But will 3 end it all? D:
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2014, 11:06 am

It is going to end what they call the Xehanort Saga, once known as the Darkseeker Saga.

Essentially, Kingdom Hearts just jumps more or less into the middle of some action. Birth by Sleep as a prequel reveals who the prime antagonist is and that the events of nearly every KH game is being driven by him, Xehanort.

The last game, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance reveals the grand scheme and plan of Xehanort, to see what he was planning this entire time. Well it is hinted throughout the series, and Birth by Sleep tells you what he wants to do, but DDD shows you how is going about it.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the conclusion of Xehanort's master plan. Whether he wins or loses. The 7 Guardians of Light, protecting the 7 Princesses of Heart, will face down the 13 Seekers of Darkness in a final battle, a battle that is predestined to take place, events set up so there is no way to get around it.

They said the Kingdom Hearts franchise will not end with this game, but it will end the overarching storyline that has been going on.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 10:26 pm

LIIIIIIIIIVE
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 1:15 am

I was actually just coming on here to make a post XD

OKAY I WANNA RP AND I GOT THREE THINGS I WANNA MAKE:

1. An RP based around creative combat - Dark Saint Clark and the Romantics (title pendiiiing!). A giant book-faced-man has emerged from The Blue and taken over the universe with his legion of illustrious fighters!

Each RPer controls a fantasy character equipped with a starting set of ten or so moves (which could be anything from summoning a raincloud to extinguish a fire-demon or blasting an enemy with poison shot from your scorpion tail, you'd be given free reign so long as it ain't TOO powerful), each character has a different theme that their fighting moves display (i.e. Dark Saint Clark's theme is writing and stuff - he can use Invisible Ink to vanish from sight, cast an Allusion, or end the fight with the powerful finishing move, Epilogue.) Of course characters gain different moves as they play. I might even put in an XP system, I'll think of that if there's interest.

Basically all the players start out after meeting together at this council called to address the threat, and the characters can interact as they follow the trail of minions and mysterious to procure the Writer's Block, an artifact rumoured to banish the book demon once and for all. Along the way the players must work together to defeat Dark Saint Clark's powerful henchmen known as the Romantics - featuring the Nevermind, an omnipotent information-gobbling brain, the Cat, who collects tongues, and Mum. All the baddies controlled by me, all in good fun. I would aim to make it feel something like Problem Sleuth, where I'm never gonna make the players lose, only make sure it's darn hard to win and they have to use their abilities creatively.

2. The fourth Shaman Guild RP - we can discuss plot ideas for this! The first didn't really have a plot, the plot of the second I'm too lazy to dig through two hundred pages to find out, aaaand I think the third one was about foolish miners unleashing some monstrous entity from the bowels of the earth when they dug too deep. Really into Imp's idea of spirits as a main element, too!

3. If anyone remembers Tangent Axis from awhile back, I'd love to do that again, only with Horizon. Maybe I'd set it up more like DnD this time, with stats and stuff (gawsh I wanna learn to play DnD), or maybe I'd throw out all the plot hooks and give y'all free reign. Might be a biiiit more reluctant to do this option cause Horizon's my bebe and I'd cry if it failed and everyone saw it fail. ;A;

Anyway I'm leaving for a Rotary conference weekend tomorrow so if anybody sees this then post and I'll check back on Sundeeeee
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 4:04 am

I like the mechanics of 1 and 3, but the thematics of 2 and 3, and the simplicity of 1 and 2. How's that for helpful?

Regarding the third: From a quick glance, I'm not sure how Tangent Axis differs from Horizon? Both seem Numenera-like in flavor, albeit with fewer existential horrors to distract from the rest of the setting.

Also, D&D rules are mostly wargame rules - lots of battlefield specifics get primary focus. To my understanding, campaigns using 'em are likely to be encounter-based, with combat as the primary means of conflict resolution.

If that's what you're going for, then go for it, but there's other systems out there.

In any case, I've not played in many arena games, guild RPs, nor even tabletop RPGs, so all of these sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 4:29 am

That's really helpful about the DnD rules o: That might be better for #1 then! I'll have to research more RP systems if we wanna do #3, you know waaaay more about RPing than I do dude xP
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 5:13 am

If you want a good system to use try gurps or pathfinder rules.
(Gurps = generic universal role play). I've not been a fan of the dnd system for a while.

If you decide on an idea is be more then happy to try it out
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 5:59 am

Thanks, I'll look those up! :D I just need to gauge interest before we choose one!
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 6:31 am

I'm up for near anything, #1+3 get my interest the most though
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 6:58 am

My vote is still for Fate, but that's more a storygame than a wargame.

(Pathfinder is pretty much a straight improvement on D&D 3.5. From a brief look, GURPS also has damage types and other such hardcoded combat details, but assigns stats to more of a PC's fluff.)
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 7:39 am

Yeah, thankfully Gurps can do as it's namesake suggests and fit any theme, with minor tweeking in comparison, of course haha

Never played a game with Gurps though, only been told of its virtues... Unless we count fallout of course
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 11:32 am

Dammit, I missed a Kingdom Hearts conversation.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

Tangent Axis meets the Shaman Guild.

Basically put the Shaman Guild in the Tangent Axis universe.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm

Oooooh we could try that o: Do you mean old TA then? That would be fun to do that with a Shamany spin! We could even work Imp's plotline in there, too, and have a ball of it!
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2014, 11:57 pm

Now we just need to summon Imp. /draws pentagram on bedroom floor
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul 2014, 9:41 pm

I don't really mind what the story is, i just liked the tangent axis universe. The whole inverse planets thing.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul 2014, 11:04 pm

Writin' up some intros for it now! It alright if there are different locations and different seeds? I figure this is gonna be set in the future a bit, with some different events goin' on, and the only problem is tying in the Shaman village. Are we gonna make new characters for that btw? I think it'd be fun :D

My oooone idea is, since spoilers: one of the main plotlines is the Earthborn are in an age of control and expansion and kinda dominating all the other seeds, the Earthborn somehow make it to the core of the inverse planet (like, the thing floating in the center of the spherical space) and that's where the Shamans live, as guardians of these artifacts that keep the big spirits in check. The story can open with the Earthborn storming in (or slightly after the soldiers have left), and then the Shamans need to travel this strange new world and find the artifacts, all while trying to deal with the spirits that are popping up all over the place disrupting society, and while dealing with said societies as well. Whaddaya think? :D Want me to PM you what I have for the intros so far?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 12:16 am

Were we to say, that perhaps, maybe, that there's a possibility that - by chance - I might know a good way to get in touch with Imp and possibly bring him here. As a hypothetical.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 12:30 am

Theeeeeen I certainly wouldn't ask any questions if he were to show up and put in his two cents about the whole affair! I know he's busy though so I wouldn't wanna trouble ya too much :P
Back to top Go down
Tierax
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 8:53 am

I have no prior knowladge of tangient axis... Would I be able to join an keep up?
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 10:14 am

I was in San Antonio for three days, a place where even magic couldn't reach me. But I am back, and woo I like the idea of this new shaman RP.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 10:47 am

Yaaaaay welcome back Imp! ^^

And sure, Tierax, I made it in like an afternoon and the IC only lasted three posts :P We'll all be starting pretty much fresh.~
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Refugee
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 1:40 pm

This sounds interesting. Would I be able to join?
Back to top Go down
http://roleplex.forumotion.com/
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm

But of course! It's for everyone :D
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Refugee
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 3:52 pm

Yay :D
Back to top Go down
http://roleplex.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 29 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next