WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)

Go down 
+4
Admiral Ji
Rachel
Patches
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 3:19 am

I've been lost in The Old Republic for a while seriously Alderan is huge.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 4:02 am

(speaking tentatively for Jac since he's not on) We have a mechanic guy, a sensor bot, and what I assume will be a sniper-focus. We're all of one post in, so a new guy at this point probably won't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 5:45 pm

Eo's pretty much right. We could use someone with scientific knowledge, or someone who's quick and deadly on their feet.
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

Location : A land where winter is the growing season and spring starts in February

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 7:03 pm

The Blazing Jac wrote:
Eo's pretty much right. We could use someone with scientific knowledge, or someone who's quick and deadly on their feet.

Okay, that's basically what I was thinking. I'll get started on my sheet soon. I'm not feeling particularly imaginative, so I think I might go for another human.

Oh, and does it matter which former military wing my character is from? In other words, do characters with certain skills more likely come from certain wings?

Actually, nevermind, I've kind of already decided on the former wing as I've fleshed out my character's backstory.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 8:55 pm

Well, really, the wing should reflect were their talents would most likely be noticed.
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

Location : A land where winter is the growing season and spring starts in February

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 8:59 pm

Okay. Where would a stealthy and fast character fit in best? I'm not quite sure myself.

Actually, since I've gotten a lot of my character's history down now, a more helpful question might be this: I know little to nothing about military stuff, so could you explain what each branch generally does? I've kind of figured out that Navy soldiers are assigned to ships and Army soldiers are assigned to bases, but what do Marines do? Maybe go out on missions?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

The Marines are sort of like your front line guys, and you can sort of imagine them as "super"soldiers, being that they are generally better trained then your average GI Joe. They, instead of being stuck to a base, are mobile with the Navy, and there are always some marines on a naval ship.
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 1:23 am

Ah, I see. Thanks, that helps clarify things.

I'm almost done with the sheet, I think; I pretty much just have to finish the bio.
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 2:10 am

Okay, I finished the sheet. Here it is:

Name: Vanessa Rinehart

Species: Human

Description/Picture: Vanessa is 5'11" tall. She has a rather slim physique, but her muscles are also subtly toned from her training. Her legs are proportionally a bit long, helping her to run as well as she does. Her skin is naturally light, but also a bit tanned from living on the sunny plains of her homeworld. Her straight, light brown hair falls to chin level in the back and leaves most of her forehead visible in the front. She has medium green eyes that can seem piercing when she's angry or irritated. Her nose is narrow and slightly short, her mouth is a tad small, her chin is narrow and slightly pointed, and her eyebrows are shaped slightly like a hawk's. She has a light scar under her left eye from a knife slash she received during a fight with a pirate (from the incident in the bio).

Homeworld: Hetria, a planet slightly smaller than Earth and relatively close to our solar system. It is the last of four planets orbiting a blue giant; the other three are much too hot to be habitable. Hetria has two landmasses, each on opposite sides of the planet and separated by a north-to-south ring of ocean. One is rocky and mountainous with a fair amount of valuable minerals, while the other mostly consists of flat plains with a few hills, making it useful for growing crops. Vanessa grew up on the plains side.

Former Military Wing: CED Marines

Expertise: Vanessa is highly skilled in stealth, reconnaissance, and hand-to-hand/melee combat. She does not have as much raw strength as many other IDO agents, but she makes up for it with speed, agility, and precision.

Personality: I might fill this out later.

Bio: Vanessa, now 25 years old, lived a simple childhood in her rural hometown. Though her mother died in childbirth, she lived contentedly with her caring father. When not in school or helping around her father's store, she developed her talent for long and fast running by delivering items around town for some extra cash. However, she eventually grew to feel confined and unfulfilled there, so at 20 years old she joined the CED Marines for a chance to get out and see the universe. In training, Vanessa showed prominence in recon and covert operation scenarios, as well as close combat. She was first assigned to a lackluster light frigate, which didn't give her much chance to show her skills until the ship was boarded in a pirate raid. She used her talents in stealth and speed to ambush several groups of the bandits, allowing the rest of the security team to drive them off with no casualties. After that, Vanessa was recommended for several reconnaissance missions, where her subtlety and attention to detail continued to shine. For her outstanding performance, she was selected for the IDO initiation process, which she gladly accepted.

Please let me know if anything seems odd or overpowered. Hopefully I didn't misinterpret the talent level of the IDO, but I may have. Oh, and sorry for double posting.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 1:29 pm

It's acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Jalines
User

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 1:53 pm

Great! I guess I'll post IC, then.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 1:55 pm

There isn't much to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012, 7:44 am

Hisssss, I am a snake, hissssssss~
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012, 8:06 am

So, uh, we're waiting on War again, no?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012, 11:26 pm

I've asked him again, but I can never seem to get a hold of him...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012, 12:54 am

Do we need to keep waiting for him? I like him as much as the next guy, I'm glad he's in the RP, and I'm not trying to get rid of him. However, he's holding everyone up, and its a problem. We need a more long-term solution than just futilely attempting to poke him.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012, 7:48 am

I could always hold him at gunpoint.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm

We could always go without him. Ghost him along and assume he's just following quietly.

Now these fields... would Jekin have at least some understanding of them, or are they like uber spec ops? And if he does know something, what?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012, 7:40 pm

They are fairly standard issue in terms of energy containment cells.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

That doesn't tell me very much.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012, 8:01 pm

Yes, yes he should know something about it if he's ever been in a military prison or police prison, to say, repair it. Even then, he should've heard about it.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

So, uh, anyway...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012, 9:39 pm

Don't worry guys, I'm coming for you...

No, actually. Definitely worry.
Back to top Go down
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012, 9:40 pm

worry as you crawl toward us looking for an electrical socket to stick your hand in?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012, 10:04 pm

Hay, maybe that could help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next