WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)

Go down 
+4
Admiral Ji
Rachel
Patches
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 9:00 pm

Is it Jac? Because I think that's been there, so who is it?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 9:09 pm

I also haven't been to this thread in a while. I was referring to Jac.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 9:20 pm

Actually, no, I do believe Jac's is "new", it's just one he'd used on steam a long time ago, so I was used to it.

So, anyhow, can't wait for Jac to actually accept mine, and everyone else's to come in.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 9:32 pm

Same. I just have one more whirlwind day of exams and packing before i can sit down and spend some quality time writing. There's so much crap I want to dooooo, I don't know if I'll have time for it all.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 11:10 pm

Name: 0RC_1NU.5, designation pending assignment
Species: Military android
Description/Picture: Most of this corporation's designs use a creature-inspired design, and the 1NU series is no different. The series is designed for amphibious applications; the .5 model is the first one to have aerial capability. (The previous version, the INU.4, bore a nose-mounted laser-lance that could be used in a similar manner to the L1NN-OR.M's cranial gun. The species theme of the series should be fairly obvious by now.) The model stands 6.5" tall and would be considered a moderately-built human. It is covered in a barely reflective black coating above its acrylic armor. The gaps in the armor are bridged by a watertight silicone "skin". Wherever the species' namesake would be white, the robot is steel grey. Its head is longish, streamlined, and sort of bullet-shaped; or just look at a picture of an orca and get an idea. Its forehead is heavily-tinted transparent material, showing an extremely complicated array of sensors underneath. There actually isn't room for the primary processor in there because of the sensor suite; that's located deep within the chest. What is in there is the robot equivalent of a video card, which translates and manages the sensors. Just behind the optical-band receptors, there are two oblong sets of shutters that cool the processor.
Moving down, the next big detail are the thrust flukes, mounted just behind and below the shoulders, which are set slightly forward on the unit's torso to compensate. These are broad and paddle-shaped, with many slats, like window blinds. These angle and draw ionized air through electrically and push it out at high speed. It is theoretically possible to modify these to work in space by adding some sort of fuel injector. These can fold along the back like insect wings and assume a variety of positions to thrust in any particular direction. Next is the dorsal maneuvering vane, centered on the upper third of the spine. It is just shy of a foot tall and roughly trangular. Its primary purpose is as steering and stabilizing in the air and water. When not in use, it folds flat against the back.
Last anatomically interesting feature is the large tail, mounted on a specially modified spine that moved its legs out to the side. It is almost as wide as the rest of the body and two and a half feet long. It can swivel up or down from the pelvis, such that it can point as little as seventy degrees from the torso on either side. At the end are the aft steering flukes, which are each a foot wide, similarly mounted on swivels to compact to a more reasonable fourteen inches wide. In flight, these are the ailerons. They also feature a pair each of retractable shutters to provide additional thrust vectoring.

As far as additional capabilities and attachments, one or both hands can optionally be swapped for an underslung laser. Unfortunately, this involves removing the relevant hand - something about conserving control busses to save cost. The soles of the feet contain concentrated-burst repulsors for quick takeoff lift and short bursts - or for kicking someone really, really hard.

Homeworld: Earth, Scipio Cybernetics Inc.
Former Military Wing: What former wing? We're talking straight out of the box.
Expertise: Sensors, surveillance, being rebuilt a whole bunch of times
Personality: What personality? There's some programming settings for it, but nothing's been set beyond the defaults (which are rather passé).
Bio: There were some parts. They were assembled. Then somebody stuck them in a crate and shipped them. Ta-dah.
On a more detailed level, the 0RC_1NU.5 is in the beta-testing phase, awaiting wide-scale employment. The line is designed to be a mobile spotter for the new L1NN-0R.M heavy infantry droids that were released a few months ago.

Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011, 1:52 am

GOOD NEWS! You are all accepted and the loverable Jac is back~!!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 6:10 am

Eeeexcellent. When do we begin?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

Later today, with a little luck. Today is the first day I've gotten to myself for a while now, and I have two sheets to make!
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 12:01 pm

Oh my. I'd like to SPI but creativity or lack of thereof.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

Well, it really is SPI anymore.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 1:34 pm

Is two days later, later today? /waits
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 4:20 pm

The IC would be a wonderful Christmas present...
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 2:46 am

I am sorry, but I have hit a rock with my bios!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 3:10 am

Then hit the rock harder! Show it who's boss! If life gives you rocks, don't make rock-ade! Make life take the rocks back! Get writing! I don't want your damn rocks! What am I supposed to do with these? Make life take the rocks back! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it gave Jac rocks!

But seriously, if you need a hand for ideas, let us know.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

And threaten to burn down their house with combustible rocks?

Well, Merry Christmas everyone! I will, WILL, get it done today. I promise!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 12:20 pm

But it *is* Christmas, so don't work too hard on this at the expense of something else.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 2:53 pm

Oh don't worry, I'm hardly thinking.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 3:49 pm

Name: Troy Harkton
Species: Human
Description/Picture: An above average sized man who appears fairly young as well. At 6'1", he stands tall and proud, a soldierly build about him. His hair is dark brown and flatter on the sides than on the top, but it doesn't appear like a normal soldier's cut. He has light, ice blue eyes, giving his eyes a chilling appearance. Unlike what one would think from a person who's lived most of their life in space, he actually has a fairly good tan on his skin. Both of Troy's hands appear normal on the outside, but his left hand is actually a robotic replica, and it has a tendency to jerk more with smaller movements, but overall it looks like a perfectly natural hand. Going down his left arm though, is a deep, nasty looking scar that was always caused by the same incident that took his hand. Unlike the other members of the team, Troy doesn't wear the standard IDO uniform, but rather, the officer's uniform, as one would expect from the ship's captain. The outfit shares the same color scheme as the usual uniform, but rather than being a one piece outfit, it consists of pants and long jacket that hangs down just above the knees. The buttons on the captain's jacket are actual gold as well, and to complete the outfit is a captain's hat as well, similar to the kind naval captains wore back in the early 21 century. Rather than wear the dressy shoes that would normally go with the outfit, Troy wear's boots, the same kind worn by CEP officers. On his left pectoral area is an insignia showing his rank and military branch.
Homeworld: Technically born in a spacestation orbiting a planet, but that planet was called Centurion 2, a lush, tropical planet that served as military base and vacation area for soldiers. The spacestation he was born at was the local naval station, Bismark. It's also known for a vicious pirate attack that lead to its eventual military status.
Former Military Wing: CEP Navy
Expertise: A fairly good soldier in the field and ship expert, but Troy's real ability is his command, able to turn seemingly impossible odds around.
Personality: (Completely optional)
Bio: Troy wasn't born on a planet, he was one of the few babies born in a space station, even to this day. His father was a naval captain in charge of the station and his mother was pretty much a house mom, and they lived a normal, quiet life really. At the time of Troy's birth, his home planet of Centurion 2 wasn't quite as populated as it is today, and that wasn't even mentioning how few kids lived there, so schooling was often done out of the home. It was around his 12th birthday when the incident known as the "Centurion Massacre" occurred, in which a band of marauding former CEP ships turned pirates attacked the planet and the station. At the time, there wasn't much in the way of defense, and nobody knew the ships were pirate craft at the time, due to still baring the logo of the CEP. The ships docked the station, and instead of the tired naval men they were expecting, they got a band of terrible pirates who ransacked the place and made wanton murder of civilians and soldiers alike. Troy's father was killed during the ransacking, but him and his mother managed to survive the ordeal that left a mear 54% of the stations population alive. At the time, the pirates got away with it all -their leader being a very smart commander-, and this created a burning, festering hate inside of the young Troy for traitors and hoodlums like these pirates, and also lead to his eventually joining of the CEP navy. Him and his mother moved to Earth after that, living with relatives there for the rest of his child and teenhood years, during which he found a large interest in the creation and layout of the spaceships that blanketed the skies of the human homeworld. He actually attending college before joining the navy, majoring in ship architecture and building, though he find himself doing very little of that later on in his life. He wasn't stationed at Earth once he joined the naval forces, and was instead moved back to his rebuilt place of birth, were he was trained and taught the ways of the CEP naval captain. Well he was there, he managed to show a surprisingly good understanding of tactics and strategy. His first assignment after leaving was to be stationed aboard the CEPS Hammer, as the second in command. The ship was nothing but a medium frigate, but it was also the flagship of a small patrol fleet in the sector, and through it, Troy would get his revenge. He spent a few years getting nowhere in the fleet though, until one day, 4 years ago, his chance came as an unknown pirate fleet baring the sign of the CEP attacked their patrol, a battle that ended with the commander of the fleet being incapacitated. As second in command of the ship, he not only gained control of it, but also the fleet, and he managed to turn the tide of the battle. The pirates were not defeated entirely, but their fleet, which outnumbered the patrol fleet almost 5 to 1, had lost almost half of their ships, with many other having received terrible damage. The same pirates that had attacked his home, killed his father and friends, and raided the CEP for the past 12 years, had finally been given a big kick to the rear. It actually came a surprise to Troy when he found that he was the first man to lead such a successful counter-attack against this pirate group, who know called themselves the "Hidden Terrors". In fact, it wasn't for another 4 months that he found out they were the same ones that attacked his home. Still, he did get a medal of honor for his victory of them, but before he could be put back into the field as full-fledged Captain, he was offered his chance to join the IDO. This was something he simply could say no to, and thus, he ended up as the 125 captain of the IDO. He spent two years learning what they could teach, waiting for his ship to finish being constructed, and scouting for hands in his his team. Somehow or another, he managed to find just the people he was looking for, as well as being saddled up with the obligatory representative from the CEP's allied space nation, the Lrisk Dominion, though he does manage to get along fairly well with him. Today is the day he has been looking forward to for those 2, long years, and hopefully, those he picked will be able to pass the initiation test.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 3:02 pm

Good, good.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 5:46 pm

So, who's ready!?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

I am.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 12:16 am

Common, one more person!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 8:03 am

You knew I was here if you asked, man
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 2:45 pm

I thought you knew...
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec 2011, 1:48 am

Well, good news. We are going to start! Tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)   The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Interplanetary Defense Organisation, the new SPI (OOC thread)
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next